Introduce yourself!

Zeearend

Reaction score
Hi all, since I'm new to this forum my first post has to be this one. Unfortunately Football is not that big in my country and I'm just watching the last two years. Wish I discovered it earlier. Fortunately I can watch 5 games each week on my regular international sports channel.

Name: Mattijs
Born: Netherlands
Reside: Netherlands
Favourite All-Time Seahawk: Richard Sherman
Favourite Current Seahawk: Russell Wilson
Places Where I've Seen Hawks Play: Sadly, nowhere yet. Hope they visit anywhere in Europe soon. On the other hand a trip to Seattle is also appealing.
Other Stadiums I've Been Mostly soccer stadiums
Favourite Seahawk Memory: Wilson's escapes, such as Wilson's pass to Lockett vs Vikings after missed snap.
Saddest Seahawk Memory: Not making the NFC championship game in 2015 after such a comeback.
Favourite Football Movie Of All Time: Remember the Titans
Favourite Food: Pizza en fish & chips.
Things I enjoy besides Seahawks Football: Mountain biking and watching sports in general

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I never filled this out. Never really got too deep into this forum or any other forum. But over time, I've found that most regular posters here are very reliable and informative. For that, I thank those that run this site.

Name: Bill
Born: Baltimore, MD
Reside: Baltimore, MD
Favorite All-Time Seahawk: Lots. Zorn, Largent, Wilson - top 3
Favorite Current Seahawk: Wilson, Thomas
Places Other Than Seahawks Stadium Where I've Seen Hawks Play: Memorial Stadium - Baltimore, M&T Bank Stadium - Baltimore, Century Link - Seattle.
Other Stadiums I've Been To: Camden Yards, RFK, Fenway, Jack Kent Cooke, JFK, Kingdome,
Favorite Seahawk Memory: Of course SB XLVIII
Saddest Seahawk Memory: XL, I can handle getting beat or losing a game due to their own miscues (49), but not when it is caused by outside forces, 2nd place - The Behring years.
Favorite Football Movie Of All Time: Rudy
Favorite Food: Mexicana
Best Seahawk Souvenir: SB XLVIII Champion Tiffany Crystal Glasses (rare), Wilson Bose window display. Thick 3 piece cardboard standup of Russ from the shoulders up. Stands almost 7 feet tall and 6 feet long. One of only a few made.

Hawk593

Reaction score
New here so thought I would give this a whirl.

Name: David
Born: Sunderland, UK
Reside: Sunderland, UK
Favorite All-Time Seahawk: Not sure prob Sherman
Favorite Current Seahawk: I like Bennett
Places Other Than Seahawks Stadium Where I've Seen Hawks Play: not seen as in UK
Other Stadiums I've Been To: N/A
Favorite Seahawk Memory: Winning the 2013 Super Bowl
Saddest Seahawk Memory: Losing the 2014 Super Bowl
Favorite Football Movie Of All Time: Don’t know about this one
Favorite Food: Mexican
Best Seahawk Souvenir:dunno about Souvenir but I like my cap

MattAdcock

Reaction score
I'm probably the newest Seahawks fan on here. The first football game I watched was Superbowl 48 and I loved the Hawks from that moment on. Thanks for accepting me to this great forum. Go Hawks.

Name: Matt Adcock
Born: Manchester, England
Reside: Cavan, Ireland
Favorite All-Time Seahawk: Russell Wilson
Favorite Current Seahawk: Russell Wilson/Tyler Lockett
Places Other Than Seahawks Stadium Where I've Seen Hawks Play: Only on TV (so far)
Other Stadiums I've Been To: Soccer stadiums in England
Favorite Seahawk Memory: Superbowl 48
Saddest Seahawk Memory: Superbowl 49
Favorite Football Movie Of All Time: Invincible
Favorite Food: Chinese
Best Seahawk Souvenir: Russell Wilson vapor untouchable limited home jersey

zblevins

Reaction score
Woah not sure how I never knew this place existed but here I am! Been a Seahawks fan since the day I was born 30 years ago, there's pictures of me in the hospital in Blue and Green. Let's finish this season out hot and get back in the winner's circle where we belong!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
zblevins":uyjvej1y said:
Woah not sure how I never knew this place existed but here I am! Been a Seahawks fan since the day I was born 30 years ago, there's pictures of me in the hospital in Blue and Green. Let's finish this season out hot and get back in the winner's circle where we belong!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Welcome..Take the time to go through all the different
parts as it gets crazy in here at times.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Name: Rocky
Reside: Westcoast
Favorite All-Time Seahawks: Steve Largent, Cortez Kennedy, Kenny Easley, Walter Jones, Kam Chancellor, Marshawn Lynch, KJ Wright and Frank Clark
Favorite Current Seahawks: Russell Wilson, Shaquem Griffin, Jadeveon Clowney
Places Other Than Qwest Where I've Seen Hawks Play: Currently, only The Clink, hope to be Santa Clara, Glendale, Inglewood, Vegas, soon.
Favorite Seahawk Memory: SB48
Saddest Seahawk Memory: SB49
Favorite Football Movie Of All Time: Adam Sandler’s “The Longest Yard.”
Favorite Food: Chicken Wings
Best Seahawk Souvenir: Jones/Easley Jersey

Sandy-Cotes

Reaction score
Name: Sandy
Home: Harstine Island
Fan since: somewhere around Jon Kitna
Favorite hawk: Marshawn
Favorite currently: Luke Willson

I've been to zero NFL games, but I don't think I've missed one in 10 years. My first word came from my dad watching the Seahawks, when I started repeating "BUCK" endlessly one Sunday.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Belatedly)... welcome to zblevins, Rocky (LegendofBoom), Sandy-Cotes and Caleb (AverageActuary)! Hope you all enjoy the forum, and that we all enjoy many, many Seahawks wins!!

Seattle_Tsunami

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Born and raised in Seattle, but didn’t become a fan until going to a live game, opening day against the Browns, when Curt Warner blew out his knee. Been a fanatic ever since.

Name: Jackson Reznik
Born: Seattle, WA
Reside: Hua Hin, Thailand
Favorite All-Time Seahawk: Kenny Easley
Favorite Current Seahawk: DangeRuss and DK Decaf
Places Other Than Seahawks Stadium Where I've Seen Hawks Play: Two in Phoenix and one in N’awlins (three Ls)
Other Stadiums I've Been To: just the aforementioned
Favorite Seahawk Memory: Superbowl 48
Saddest Seahawk Memory: Superbowl 49
Favorite Football Movie Of All Time: The Longest Yard (original)
Favorite Food: pepperoni, sausage, & mushroom pizza
Best Seahawk Souvenir: personalized home jersey with my name and birth year (69, baby!!)

TypeSly

Reaction score
Hi, I'm TypeSly from Canada... and I have serious obsessive problem if the Seahawks win or lose. :cry:

I often wonder if the Seahawks organization knows, that they have a HUGE following in Western Canada. If you live in western Canada, any American channels (ABC, NBC, CBS etc.) are fed through either Spokane or Seattle feeds. So we NFL fans all grew up getting to watch random NFL teams on tv every week, but Seahawks every single week. Hawks for life!!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What part of Canada? We have a lot of friends who live up that way. Mostly up in Tsawwassen. Love it up there.

TypeSly

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":8e2iptzh said:
What part of Canada? We have a lot of friends who live up that way. Mostly up in Tsawwassen. Love it up there.

Tsawwassen is beautiful. I'm originally from Vancouver (30 mins drive from there)... but now I live in Edmonton, Alberta, which is total Seahawks country.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Hey gang.

I've been a fan of the Seahawks since 1976, but the only time I've ever been to Seattle was in October of last year. I grew up in southern Maine, and I've lived in seven cities/towns in four states (NJ, ME, IL, CA), and I've lived in Brazil for over 20 years now. I've now been to one Seahawks home game: the loss to the Ravens last year. I'd been waiting 43 years to go to a Seahawks home game, and even though the 'Hawks lost, it was a great experience anyway. My only "complaint" is that I found at certain moments, like arriving at the stadium in a Sounder train car full of other people in 'Hawks gear and thinking about my dad, discovering that my seat in the stadium was in front of the sign representing Jacob Green's place in the Ring of Honor, and participating in the "SEA! HAWKS!" chants, that it was awfully dusty there. Somebody oughta do something about that.
I've also been to two Seahawks away games. My dad took me down to Foxborough to see them in 1984 and 1986. The result of the '86 game was better, but the '84 game was special to me. First, I finally got to go to a stadium to see the 'Hawks play, and then we waited around for the players near the team buses after the game, and I got a bunch of autographs in the game program. By that time, Zorn, who was my first childhood sports hero, had become the backup QB because Krieg had taken over as the starter. I never resented Krieg for that, because I knew he was better than Zorn at that point, but it was still such a huge thrill to me to be able to tell Zorn to his face that I had had his autographed picture framed on my wall in Kennebunk, Maine for years. I wish I could remember what he said (it wasn't anything complicated or profound - just something like "all right!"), but I can remember his face perfectly. He seemed genuinely happy to hear it.
2019 was the first time I actually got to see all of every Seahawks game in a season, because I got a subscription to the international version of NFL Game Pass. That subscription doesn't let me watch games when I'm in the USA, and I spent almost the whole month of October of last year at my mom's in Maine, except for the weekend of the Ravens game, when I flew out on Friday and flew back on the Sunday-night redeye. I was fortunate that all the Seahawks' games in October of 2019 were on TV at my mom's house.

My parents weren't Seahawks fans, but I think they both ended up developing a certain fondness for them because of me. Dad was first, starting back in the '70s when he thought it was cool that I'd chosen my own team. Mom started to show signs of it too in recent years. She also started to get frustrated with their fan-frustrating performances, like when she had to turn off the TV and go clean out a cabinet when the 'Hawks were doing frustrating things in the game against the Giants in 2017. Dad always kept up with as much Seahawks news as he could, and passed it on to me when we talked. That really helped a few times when it was hard for me to follow them, like during my first year in college and my first couple of years in Brazil. I really wish he'd lived to see XLVIII, but he missed it by almost three years. In 2013, I decided to start watching more NFL games as a way of staying closer to my mom. So every week, I'd find out what games she planned to watch, and I'd watch at least one game she was going to watch too so we could talk about it. I also watched as many Seahawks games as I could, which was most of them, but not all. And then when XLVIII happened, I was in the horrible little room I was renting near the University of São Paulo, and my mom was at her house in Maine, but I was able to share that moment with her through the magic of the internet.

It's hard for me to choose an all-time favorite Seahawk. I immediately start thinking about some old-school Seahawks. As I said above, Zorn was my first childhood sports hero. When I couldn't watch many Seahawks games (they didn't show up on TV in Maine much), but my parents had gotten me a subscription to Norm Evans's Seahawk Report, I loved reading about Jacob Green and Kenny Easley. I still think of 28 as being Curt Warner's number. And of course Largent was so great. My avatar is from just after he hit Harden on that play.
But it's not all guys from the '70s and '80s. Gotta love Walter. Tez too. And of course there are the recent (XLVIII) and current players. In addition the obvious ones, I guess I'll mention that like Jacob Green himself, I had no problem with Red Bryant wearing #79.
I'll go with Zorn and Jacob Green. If you force me to choose just one, OK, I guess it's Zorn.
As for favorite current players, I'd prefer to wait. I got a little stung because for some time, ETIII was my favorite player in the NFL, and well...
For now, I'm rooting for all the players on the current roster.

TypeSly

Reaction score
hi Lagartixa, and welcome to the forum! :irishdrinkers:

Just curious, what made you choose the Seahawks to be your favorite team?