Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The Netflix Shows Thread

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The Netflix Shows Thread
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:37 am
  • Aros wrote:After Life with Ricky Gervais is my new jam. Love him. Slow burn, a bit depressive based on the story line but good.

Totally agree on all fronts, Gervais is brilliant. Perfect mix of dark humor, pathos and profound honest dialogue about life.

If you enjoyed After Life, check out Derek........Gervais's other great show that's also available on Netflix.

Lastly, here's Gervais talking about dogs. It's the video you didn't know you needed.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=803031260074311
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:28 am
  • LOL! He's so great. I remember last year watching Humanity. The segment about the plane crash and whistle, I nearly pissed myself. Thanks for the tip of Derek, I will definitely check it out.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:21 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:Not a Netflux show, but we don't have a Hulu thread and Im nit gonna make one. Letterkenny is hilarious.

I started watching this 5 years ago when it was just 90 second skits. Got picked up by Crave (Canadian tv) and made into full shows.

Its fantastic. Season 1 takes a few episodes to settle but once the characters get going and the formatting hits its a lot if fun.

Great soundtrack as well.

Glad you found it. I try and spread the word.

Squirrely Dan is played by comedian K. Trevor Wilson. His standup is great and hes guest starring on the new Amazon show with Mindy kaling
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:44 am
  • Just watched Triple Frontier last night. Not great but not horrible either. Some of the stuff seems pretty unrealistic but I like the cast and the plot was pretty good. Definitely worth watching but don't expect it to blow you away.
    drcool
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:27 am
  • drcool wrote:Just watched Triple Frontier last night. Not great but not horrible either. Some of the stuff seems pretty unrealistic but I like the cast and the plot was pretty good. Definitely worth watching but don't expect it to blow you away.

We watched Triple Frontier Last night.

I'd have a hard time recommending this movie to anyone. It's OK, but that's it, just OK............which is a damning statement when you consider the actors and writer. I expected MUCH better from Mark Boal, who wrote the screenplays for Zero Dark Thirty and Hurt Locker. As well as a cast like Affleck, Oscar Isaac, Charlie Hunnam and Pedro Pascal. Wasted talent and potential.

It reminds me of the forgettable generic action/war movie in the 2000's. Behind Enemy Lines, Rescue Dawn, crap like that. Competent enough, but doesn't do anything to make it special.

Netflix is definitely spending enough on these movie budgets, but they haven't quite figured out to take the next step and make them great. Some exceptions (Roma, Mudbound), but WAY too much money being spend on these big budget movies, with very little great success.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:09 pm
  • The OA part II is out right now if anybody is interested.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:52 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:The OA part II is out right now if anybody is interested.

WHAT
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:04 pm
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:The OA part II is out right now if anybody is interested.

WHAT

First episode is good too. I was wondering how they were going to continue the story. Seems like a cool direction they're taking.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:50 pm
  • Thanks for the tip on the OA coming back.

Happy! is a really good show for anyone that is into dark humor. We really enjoyed it. Season 2 is about to start on the SYFY network as well.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:29 am
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:The OA part II is out right now if anybody is interested.

WHAT

SWEET!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:38 pm
  • On My Block season 2 comes out this Friday. Good timing too because I'm almost done with OA which, btw, is insane this season. It's like Stranger Things and Hill House smashed into one.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:34 pm
  • Love, Death, and Robots is fantastic.

It's an anthology, each episode is 10 to 15 mins long. Different stories, animation styles. Its really really good.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:23 am
  • Just started S2/E1 of OA. Was lost there the first half...Can't wait to keep watching. I will check out robots...
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:51 am
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:Love, Death, and Robots is fantastic.

It's an anthology, each episode is 10 to 15 mins long. Different stories, animation styles. Its really really good.

Damn you're not kidding! I am thoroughly enjoying this series! Love the diverse animation and stories. Hope they continue to future seasons. It blows my mind how close we are getting to hyper-realism with CG/animation. In some of the episodes there are scenes you can't even tell they aren't real humans.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:50 am
  • Aros wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:Love, Death, and Robots is fantastic.

Damn you're not kidding! I am thoroughly enjoying this series! Love the diverse animation and stories. Hope they continue to future seasons. It blows my mind how close we are getting to hyper-realism with CG/animation. In some of the episodes there are scenes you can't even tell they aren't real humans.

My oldest swears by it so i watched the first one. It's tremendous.

Done by Topher Grace. He's done some Star Wars and Lord of the Rings mashups (he condensed all the movies into one 4-5 hour movie for both anthologies) that have been well received, including a 5 minute trailer of all the Star wars movies as if it was one, long story
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:49 am
  • Watched first couple episodes of Black Summer. Kind of like a lower budget Walking Dead. So far I’m enjoying it.

The new Kevin Hart stand up was pretty good. Started a little slow but picked up near the end.

Watched about half of The Silence, seemed okay. Definitely similar to A Quiet Place.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:42 pm
  • Finished the latest season of OA. Not sure what to think. It's good, compelling even, but it seemed sporadic and indefinite to me. Like they are trying to be too deep but without context at times. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a very cool series and I am glued to each episode but this season lost me a touch. Still, I think it's worth the watch but beware, you need to really pay attention from episode to episode.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:08 am
  • Gotta check out Black Summer, friend has been bugging me to see it. Sounds really cool.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon May 06, 2019 4:00 pm
  • The new Ted Bundy movie is out, thought Zac Efron did a great job playing him. It wasn't great, but I found it very enjoyable.

I started the new series, Dead To Me, which stars Christina Applegate. Liked the first epsidoe, will try to watch some more later this week.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon May 06, 2019 10:38 pm
  • I will have to check out both...I was meaning to...
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue May 07, 2019 7:41 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:The new Ted Bundy movie is out, thought Zac Efron did a great job playing him. It wasn't great, but I found it very enjoyable.

I started the new series, Dead To Me, which stars Christina Applegate. Liked the first epsidoe, will try to watch some more later this week.

The wife and I started Dead to Me last night. I thought it was just a comedy, but it's far more layered and dark........so we're digging it so far.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed May 08, 2019 9:16 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:The wife and I started Dead to Me last night. I thought it was just a comedy, but it's far more layered and dark........so we're digging it so far.

Agreed...Watched the first episode last night. I like it. I had a feeling about her friend. The ending cemented it.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu May 09, 2019 9:22 am
  • Aros wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:The wife and I started Dead to Me last night. I thought it was just a comedy, but it's far more layered and dark........so we're digging it so far.

Agreed...Watched the first episode last night. I like it. I had a feeling about her friend. The ending cemented it.

Keep it rolling, each episode has been better than the last as the plot unfolds and more shocking turns happen.

Really impressed with the writing, it's very smart. Not easy to make this kind of show.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu May 09, 2019 12:37 pm
  • Blue Planet is awesome.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu May 09, 2019 2:56 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Keep it rolling, each episode has been better than the last as the plot unfolds and more shocking turns happen. Really impressed with the writing, it's very smart. Not easy to make this kind of show.

Good to know. Looking forward to the other episodes.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat May 11, 2019 7:31 pm
  • Abyss: Korean Supernatural/Crime/Drama/Comedy that pokes fun at shallow and superficial culture in 1 hour bites.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2019 5:27 am
  • Dead to me is pretty good.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu May 16, 2019 6:44 am
  • I am either late to the party on this or the first to mention, but I am really enjoying Barry on HBO. Halfway through second season. It's hilarious but also really intense. Comedy first and foremost but a lot of it is every bit as suspenseful and intense as BB.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 8:35 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information