The O.J. Trial: 25 years later

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
The O.J. Trial: 25 years later
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:57 am
  • Hard to believe it has been 25 years already. I wonder if The Juice has any new leads on the real killer.

Cue Norm Macdonald.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Re: The O.J. Trial: 25 years later
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:10 pm
  • This should be good. :snack:
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:16 pm
  • The only people that care are the ones with dead people. This guy got away with murder.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:48 pm
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:00 pm
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:11 pm
  • Eh, it's done with.

I understand how emotions can influence people to seek justice. But the most important thing overall is that thankfully whoever killed Nicole and Ron appears to not have killed anyone else since then. So I think it's best to just let this go. Even if you're a friend or family of one of the victims.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:56 pm
  • The prosecution pulled a Bevell at the 1 yard line when they had O.J. try on that glove!

James in PA
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:46 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:Eh, it's done with.

I understand how emotions can influence people to seek justice. But the most important thing overall is that thankfully whoever killed Nicole and Ron appears to not have killed anyone else since then. So I think it's best to just let this go. Even if you're a friend or family of one of the victims.

I disagree that turning your back on justice at the sacrifice of the judicial system is not the most important.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:09 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:Eh, it's done with.

I disagree that turning your back on justice at the sacrifice of the judicial system is not the most important.

What?

I said the most important thing is that nobody else has been killed. I would not trade that for justice . That is why I ranked it more important.

If something comes up, sure open the investigation back up. But don't get emotionally hung up on things you can't control.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:22 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

What?

I said the most important thing is that nobody else has been killed. I would not trade that for justice . That is why I ranked it more important.

If something comes up, sure open the investigation back up. But don't get emotionally hung up on things you can't control.

Insights of a sociopath.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:30 pm
  • IBTL...if the glove doesnt fit you must acquit! The LAPD was on trial not the murderer...LAPD also dropped the ball on some huge investigative steps because of the star power.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:48 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

What?

He's already been tried..You can't be tried twice for same crime correct?
    I don't like it in this case but I didn't create that rule.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:30 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

What?

He's already been tried..You can't be tried twice for same crime correct?
    I don't like it in this case but I didn't create that rule.

Correct. No double jeopardy on the same charges.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:24 am
  • I thought double jeopardy doesn't apply if there was new evidence.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:53 am
  • I believe new evidence only applies to appeal or request for new trial by the defense. Once acquitted, that's it.

Are there any criminal attorneys here who can weigh in as to whether that's accurate?
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:57 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

What?

Why are you so emotionally weird? What happened to you?

If someone murdered your sister/daughter or son/brother, and that person literally got away with murder, you wouldn't be this cavalier with giving your "ahh, just move on with your life" advice.

OJ's lucky he's still alive. Many families would have seeked vengeance illegally, or by their own hands.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:59 am
  • This has been decided. Stupid American justice system can't get much right.

I drove past that murder scene address daily when I was a handyman in SoCal and always thought about how this guy got away with murdering 2 people.

Take a look at OJs defense team....Dershowitz is involved in the Epstein case of $ex trafficking and Cochran is dead.

If you think our court system is fair then try being a broke person trying to defend yourself. You have seen the results of this so many times.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:56 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

What?

Because people are emotional about justice, liberty and equality and it's vast impact on the foundations of our society.

I mean I understood what you said. I disagreed. Was yiur "what?" honest confusion or indignation?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:16 pm
  • No one else has been killed????

What?

You mean nobody from the Goldman and Brown family?

Because the killer was locked up for years after spending years in prison for other felonies?....Oh...OK
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:23 pm
  • I know it’s not on the same level, but our broken justice system is why Lori Loughlin and her fashion designer husband won’t spend 1 day in jail for bribery. There is supposedly “overwhelming evidence” against them. But their hot-shot attorneys will find some loophole. Plus, it only takes one idiot on a jury.....

James in PA
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:39 pm
  • James in PA wrote:I know it’s not on the same level, but our broken justice system is why Lori Loughlin and her fashion designer husband won’t spend 1 day in jail for bribery. There is supposedly “overwhelming evidence” against them. But their hot-shot attorneys will find some loophole. Plus, it only takes one idiot on a jury.....

You're probably right, but Loughlin and her husband could have taken a plea deal, and didn't..............so the prosecutor added more charges (racketeering I think?), so me thinks they're now enemy #1 of this whole scandal and the judge and prosecutor are going to want to make an example of them not owning up to what they did.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:53 pm
  • Nothing will happen to them because of MONEY. If you have never seen any high profile cases, look at the people that are defendants that have money. They are never handed sentences that people that don't get.

This has happened for many decades. This country's "justice" system is a joke.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:04 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Nothing will happen to them because of MONEY. If you have never seen any high profile cases, look at the people that are defendants that have money. They are never handed sentences that people that don't get.

Not necessarily.

Martha Stewart went to prison, she's the richest whitest celebrity ever. The Desperate Housewives in Jersey lady and her husband both spent time in jail, Bill Cosby, Anthony Weiner went to pervert rehab for like 21 months, the Subway kid (Jared?), R. Kelly's going to prison, guaranteed...................and Huffman's sentence is going to be at least 30-60 days in jail I bet you.

Not saying you're not right, obviously our justice system favors the rich who can afford the best legal representation. But my point is Loughlin and her husband pissed off the courts when they didn't take the plea deal, and it might bite them in the ass.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:23 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

What?

Because people are emotional about justice, liberty and equality and it's vast impact on the foundations of our society.

I mean I understood what you said. I disagreed. Was yiur "what?" honest confusion or indignation?

it just seemed like you were saying I said something that I didn't think I did. Either because i did and wasnt aware of it or because i didnt and you werent aware of it. So the "what" can be applied to whatever fits the bill.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:25 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

What?

If someone murdered your sister/daughter or son/brother, and that person literally got away with murder, you wouldn't be this cavalier with giving your "ahh, just move on with your life" advice.

OJ's lucky he's still alive. Many families would have seeked vengeance illegally, or by their own hands.

I am glad you asked, actually.

I have been down that path. Wanting vengeance. Wanting "justice". It is unhealthy, iMO. I became much happier once I stopped caring about things that don't effect me.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:29 pm
  • But these outcomes DO affect you. They affect everyone.

Don't be that guy dude.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:30 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

What?

I am glad you asked, actually.

I have been down that path. Wanting vengeance. Wanting "justice". It is unhealthy, iMO. I became much happier once I stopped caring about things that don't effect me.

It would affect you if you were the victim's family you're giving this advice to.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:36 pm
  • What I am saying is an absolutely perfectly fine peice of advice that professionals give all the time. Don't obsess or worry about things you can't control . Just let things go. This is ancient wisdom. And you guys are fighting it....why?
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:40 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:What I am saying is an absolutely perfectly fine peice of advice that professionals give all the time. Don't obsess or worry about things you can't control . Just let things go. This is ancient wisdom. And you guys are fighting it....why?

Right...Let it go...What if it was YOUR daughter or son...Let it go?

Get real
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:47 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:What I am saying is an absolutely perfectly fine peice of advice that professionals give all the time. Don't obsess or worry about things you can't control . Just let things go. This is ancient wisdom. And you guys are fighting it....why?

Right...Let it go...What if it was YOUR daughter or son...Let it go?

Get real

Then it would be much harder to let it go. But that's the only difference.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:42 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:What I am saying is an absolutely perfectly fine peice of advice that professionals give all the time. Don't obsess or worry about things you can't control . Just let things go. This is ancient wisdom. And you guys are fighting it....why?

People can control our broken judicial, legal, political and law enforcement systems by caring a lot and taking those concerns to voting booths, protests and other means of civil balances and disobedience.

Your thoughts on this are narrow and naive. They are also extremely condescending. But you knew that.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:49 pm
  • I don't think i have seen so many straw men in my life.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:26 pm
  • So you "let it go" because it isn't anyone associated with you?

Sad dude.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:35 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:I don't think i have seen so many straw men in my life.

Point to one.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:01 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Nothing will happen to them because of MONEY. If you have never seen any high profile cases, look at the people that are defendants that have money. They are never handed sentences that people that don't get.

Not necessarily.

Martha Stewart went to prison, she's the richest whitest celebrity ever. The Desperate Housewives in Jersey lady and her husband both spent time in jail, Bill Cosby, Anthony Weiner went to pervert rehab for like 21 months, the Subway kid (Jared?), R. Kelly's going to prison, guaranteed...................and Huffman's sentence is going to be at least 30-60 days in jail I bet you.

Not saying you're not right, obviously our justice system favors the rich who can afford the best legal representation. But my point is Loughlin and her husband pissed off the courts when they didn't take the plea deal, and it might bite them in the ass.

Martha Stewart went to a Country Club as far as a prison goes, yes she was in a prison but it was more a work release environment.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:06 am
  • I have a really great self-help book you guys should read. It will give you knowledge that will change your life.

And I don't mean to imply you guys need help.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:32 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Nothing will happen to them because of MONEY. If you have never seen any high profile cases, look at the people that are defendants that have money. They are never handed sentences that people that don't get.

Not necessarily.

Martha Stewart went to a Country Club as far as a prison goes, yes she was in a prison but it was more a work release environment.

Stewart was convicted of insider trading, Laughlin paid someone to get her kid into college.........they didn't plow through a group of special needs kids outside a school high on crack.

We don't need them to go to San Quentin and do hard time. I think sometime we just want to see rich people suffer, when justice is just fine. Guarantee you Martha Stewart isn't going to do illegal trading anymore, that's what we're after.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:02 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Nothing will happen to them because of MONEY. If you have never seen any high profile cases, look at the people that are defendants that have money. They are never handed sentences that people that don't get.

Kellen Winslow's sentencing will be very interesting.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/06/13/kelle ... an-elderly
    acer1240
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:51 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:I have a really great self-help book you guys should read. It will give you knowledge that will change your life.

Here is the straw man...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:53 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:I have a really great self-help book you guys should read. It will give you knowledge that will change your life.

Here is the straw man...

By every definition of the word, what I said what was not a straw man. Just trying to explain the source of why I think the way I do in this regard.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:56 am
  • Dude obviously has issues. CTE may be one of them but he has a serious $ex addiction. Can't believe the Hawks actually had him for a brief time before this all happened.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:58 am
  • I think we need to make a concerted effort to not feed fender.

He's a contrarian troll that turns literally every discussion into a way to who** attention. I honestly don't think he even grasps this, he just loves attention...........it doesn't matter to him that he comes across as a sociopath most of the time.

Si, can you sticky this in the forum rules?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:24 am
  • When I was a kid, my bike got stolen. I whined and b!@ch every day. Cried. Had attitutude problems.

Then one day my dad sat me down and said I needed to move on. So I did. And I was much happier.

Sounds like you guys are saying that isn't good advice to give or follow. Either that or you think it depends on what the crime was?
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:34 am
  • I lived in SoCal when this $h!t and the Manson murders happened. It had a prolific affect on ME and many I knew to know this stuff happens and so close. You can say "let it go" but that doesn't always apply unless one says I don't give a damn about anything except my own world.

I also lived in Wash. when Ridgeway and Bundy were killing women like they were cattle. Regardless of self help books or any other crap one tries to throw on the wall and have stick. These were people brutally murdered by others. OJ got away with it, everyone knows it. Bundy and Ridgeway got caught eventually. But not after a LOT of due dilligence by determined people.

These images are burned into my memories forever regardless of how someone says "let it go".
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:39 am
  • Most experts agree that holding onto negative emotions for lengthy periods of time is not healthy. I am not sure why anyone would disagree with me.

And don't call it a straw man, either. Because it's not. Fact: that is all I have said about this. Fact: You guys are disagreeing with me. Therefore, you are disagreeing with the idea of people moving on from negative emotions. Can i ask why?
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:54 am
  • Regardless of what an expert says. Every human is different. These things are different for all of us and to say we need to homogenize ourselves is going to an area where every person needs to address their own beliefs and applies to their lives.

If someone killed any of my kids or grandkids my view would be totally skewed from if it were YOUR kids or grandkids.

You need to grasp that.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:58 am
  • I do grasp that 100%. It can be hard to move on when somebody close to you dies.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:00 pm
  • Two people were brutally murdered. But yeah, just get over it? Let it go? :roll:
    Let's ask the two families if they should just "let it go"
    He flat out did it, he knows it and everyone else knows it. He had the $ to get away with it. POS
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:14 pm
  • 25 years later? Uh yeah. You are only hurting yourself if you are hanging onto negative emotions qnd letting them negatively effect your life. Sorry for wanting people to be happy. How rude of me.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:16 pm
  • Yeah, because if this was your brother or sister or kid etc. you would just get over it. :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Next

It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information