Air Force vows to block UFO fans seeking glimpse of Area 51

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• :greetingsearthling: Image Image
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• This could turn pretty ugly. I'm looking forward to it.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• RolandDeschain wrote:This could turn pretty ugly. I'm looking forward to it.

Agreed on all accounts.

Saw some people said they will livestream this.
    How is that possible in the middle of nowhere with no internet of phone service?

Always wanted to go to one of the gates, but think I’d be disappointed. Get a picture of a sign that says no trespassing/military installation, and have a bunch of security up on a hill in a white truck track my every move.
    The fun would be over in 2 minutes, 6 or so hours wasted round trip (from Vegas).

They know you are coming when you long before you realize it, with ground sensors, satellite, and other technologies.

I’m sure it’s creepy AF at night but most deserts are.

Plus if something bad happens I doubt it will be televised.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• KitsapGuy wrote:

That’s pretty good. 8)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Silly folks. They moved all the good stuff decades ago.

Storm Wright Patterson AFB instead. Completely off everyone's radar and I promise you they have very interesting "Artifacts" there to this day. :smilingalien:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I heard POTUS isn't even allowed there but then someone told
    me one in fact went there with troops and was allowed in..
    I don't know but pretty sure the goverment wouldn't block
    a million from getting there but instead they would just demo
    it before anyone got there.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• The truth is out there...
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• If several hundred thousand people show up and actually start to rush the gates, all its going to take is for a few to get shot and killed and the entire mass of idiots will stop and likely retreat.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• 2_0_6 wrote:If several hundred thousand people show up and actually start to rush the gates, all its going to take is for a few to get shot and killed and the entire mass of idiots will stop and likely retreat.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they wouldn't shoot or kill anyone. More likely to be tear gas/pepper spray/other non-lethal means of keeping them out.
    peachesenregalia
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• peachesenregalia wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:If several hundred thousand people show up and actually start to rush the gates, all its going to take is for a few to get shot and killed and the entire mass of idiots will stop and likely retreat.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they wouldn't shoot or kill anyone. More likely to be tear gas/pepper spray/other non-lethal means of keeping them out.

I'm not saying they likely will, but I'm also saying that if the mass of idiots got close enough they would not be opposed to it. At that point if you are stupid enough to play those games, then the prizes will be stupid as well.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• Kill'em all!!
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• A few years back a priest and a couple of nuns chained themselves to a chain-link fence at Bangor Naval Station, in a security area. The Marines who didn't shoot them were reprimanded and/or court martialed. I'm pretty sure anybody "storming" Area 51 will be shot poste-haste. And rightly so.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• I'd just move everything interesting out of there and let the group of idiots think they successfully stormed the place. They find nothing of interest and leave. Move it all back in and no one cares about Area 51 ever again.
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran

• Why do they have to kill them? Why don't they just arrest them and charge them with trespassing?

I can't kill a guy for trespassing into my property. I would be tried for murder. Why does the military get to murder?
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:Why do they have to kill them? Why don't they just arrest them and charge them with trespassing?

I can't kill a guy for trespassing into my property. I would be tried for murder. Why does the military get to murder?

You want to compare your yard to one of the most secure and Top Secret places in the WORLD? That's hilarious.

If one or two people trespass at Area 51 they are quickly approached by armed security and either asked to leave or arrested on site. How do you really expect them to handle 300k+ rushing idiots?

Lots. Of. Bullets.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• Besides the fact that it would be pretty easy to close the road and detain people before they even get close to the base, doesn't area 51 have electric fences?... good luck with that.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• Funny thing is, Im sure they have some type of sound wave weapon that would blow or damage eardrums from 100's of yards away.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• Just release a couple hundred skunks into the crowd.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Seems like a really bad idea to bum rush a military installation.

Look at the bright side, it's Darwinism at it's best. Thin the herd.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:Seems like a really bad idea to bum rush a military installation.

Look at the bright side, it's Darwinism at it's best. Thin the herd.

Yep.

I think the site of one Blackhawk helicopter bearing down on these fools would do the trick.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I would buy it if this was put on pay Per view.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• The_Z_Man wrote:Thousands of barrels of meth chloride, trichloroethylene, tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (aka Agent Orange), and PCE.

Not to mention all the contaminated topsoil from the nuclear test sites in New Mexico.

Shhhhh let them run their like the idiots they are... :greetingsearthling:
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:Yep.

I think the site of one Blackhawk helicopter bearing down on these fools would do the trick.

There would be some who are wishing for martyrdom, and would be happy to be gunned down in a blaze of violence.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Yep.

There would be some who are wishing for martyrdom, and would be happy to be gunned down in a blaze of violence.

So be it. Being a martyr is severely overrated. 8)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• It would be a hell of a lot cooler, to see a ufo come out of area 51 and laser blast them.
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

• Nothing says a government of, for, and by the people more than threats to shoot people for coming onto government land.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:Nothing says a government of, for, and by the people more than threats to shoot people for coming onto government land.

For the win!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• HawkGA wrote:Nothing says a government of, for, and by the people more than threats to shoot people for coming onto government land.

It's not a national park, it's a highly restricted air force facility.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• That affects my response in no way whatsoever. It just reinforces the idea that the government is an entity unto itself. It is not truly of, for, and by the people.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:That affects my response in no way whatsoever. It just reinforces the idea that the government is an entity unto itself. It is not truly of, for, and by the people.

When it comes to national security, you're right, it's not.

Nor should it be. There is no inalienable right that our citizens have the right to overrun a military installation........especially for some hairbrained alien hunt. That's insane.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:That affects my response in no way whatsoever. It just reinforces the idea that the government is an entity unto itself. It is not truly of, for, and by the people.

Nor should it be. There is no inalienable right that our citizens have the right to overrun a military installation........especially for some hairbrained alien hunt. That's insane.

It’s not a hunt though. Those very fine people just want to “free” the aliens. :sarcasm_off:
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:That affects my response in no way whatsoever. It just reinforces the idea that the government is an entity unto itself. It is not truly of, for, and by the people.

It’s not a hunt though. Those very fine people just want to “free” the aliens. :sarcasm_off:

Here's a pic of Sports Hernia escaping Area 51 with his new bestie.

Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Here's a pic of Sports Hernia escaping Area 51 with his new bestie.

:2thumbs:
    Dang right, we can’t be stopped!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sgt. Largent wrote:

And again, the statement still stands on its own. But I'll drop it lest we get political. Let's continue by imagining Sports Hernia in different video games. :greetingsearthling:
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

And again, the statement still stands on its own. But I'll drop it lest we get political. Let's continue by imagining Sports Hernia in different video games. :greetingsearthling:

:2thumbs:
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Although it has been around for some time, there remains the option of the use of nonlethal Skunk.

But, it's the newer experimental stuff that is spooky. There has always been a shortage of volunteer test subjects. Count me out :escape:
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville wrote:Image
    Although it has been around for some time, there remains the option of the use of nonlethal Skunk.

But, it's the newer experimental stuff that is spooky. There has always been a shortage of volunteer test subjects. Count me out :escape:

I’ve only seen one skunk. That was along the riverwalk in Laughlin, Nevada.
    He was hanging out with the ducks. I think he thought he was a duck. Where they went he went. The ducks were not afraid of him either.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    Jville wrote:Image

He was hanging out with the ducks. I think he thought he was a duck. Where they went he went. The ducks were not afraid of him either.

I was attempting to be subtle. I had in mind another species of skunk which can be delivered by various non lethal methods .................

....... a number big city police departments have added this substance to their riot tools.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Jville wrote:Image

I was attempting to be subtle. I had in mind another species of skunk which can be delivered by various non lethal methods .................

....... a number big city police departments have added this substance to their riot tools.

Interesting.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I think anyone actually expecting this to happen or be anything of note will be sorely disappointed.
    HawkSince87
    NET Bench Warmer

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• This is hilarious to me on so many levels. Love the peeps wanting the truth side of it. Love the government saying "Make My Day" side of it. Love the media bringing attention to Area 51 and Aliens side of it. But most of all, I love the "You dumb asses ain't no ETs and UFOs here since the 80s" side of it.

:smilingalien: :smilingalien: :smilingalien: :smilingalien: :smilingalien: :smilingalien:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information