Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vikings

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Vikings
Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:21 pm
  • Love this show and even if they do take artistic license, they also follow historical timeline and characters.

This last week's episode followed Ivar the Boneless through his travels along the Silk Road. He is intercepted and captured by the Rus and taken to Kiev where he learns that the Rus are actually Rus Vikings who have emigrated to Kiev where they now rule.

I am sure you all know this but the name Russia actually comes from the Rus and Kiev was at one time the capital of Russia. That is why you see so many six-foot tall beautiful blond women in downtown Moscow.

Great sets, actors, and costumes. I'm bummed that it is ending this season.

https://www.history.com/shows/vikings/cast?newexp=true
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Vikings
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:50 pm
  • Hey Floki..
    It's a great show but in wrong forum..Skol! :irishdrinkers:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:26 am
  • If loving Kathryn Winnick is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Vikings has been one of my favorite shows the past 4-5 years, although IMO it ran about two seasons too long. It's fallen off and meandered quite a bit after Travis Fimmel (Ragnar) left the show.

Looking forward to see how the last season ends, and even more excited that Netflix picked up the license and is making the sequel.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/11/20/net ... -valhalla/
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:22 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Looking forward to see how the last season ends, and even more excited that Netflix picked up the license and is making the sequel.

That's great news! I've really enjoyed this show over the years, I miss Ragnar... but the show has kept my interest since he left.

And another picture of Lagertha, because why not! :)

twisted_steel2
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:16 pm
  • Nice photos! Wow - got to check this out. She looks like Diana, a woman in my Psych tutorial group, in 1980. Her constant female friend was also drop-dead gorgeous, and so was our tutor.

It was VERY distracting.

I've forgotten what I was going to say next.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:02 am
  • She's smoking hot... Good show
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:07 am
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:Nice photos! Wow - got to check this out. She looks like Diana, a woman in my Psych tutorial group, in 1980. Her constant female friend was also drop-dead gorgeous, and so was our tutor.

It was VERY distracting.

Lol.

Another great show if you guys like this sort of historical fiction, check out The Last Kingdom on Netflix. Based on the Saxon Tales, the great series by Bernard Cornwell.

It's a BBC/Netflix collaboration, very well done.

Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:30 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Aussie Seahawk wrote:Nice photos! Wow - got to check this out. She looks like Diana, a woman in my Psych tutorial group, in 1980. Her constant female friend was also drop-dead gorgeous, and so was our tutor.

It was VERY distracting.

Lol.

Another great show if you guys like this sort of historical fiction, check out The Last Kingdom on Netflix. Based on the Saxon Tales, the great series by Bernard Cornwell.

It's a BBC/Netflix collaboration, very well done.

I just started watching Vikings since it came out on Netflix. The last kingdom is freaking awesome too!

If you want a bit of a laugh in the Viking genre, check out Norseman on Netflix. That is if you already haven’t.
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:50 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:If loving Kathryn Winnick is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Vikings has been one of my favorite shows the past 4-5 years, although IMO it ran about two seasons too long. It's fallen off and meandered quite a bit after Travis Fimmel (Ragnar) left the show.

Looking forward to see how the last season ends, and even more excited that Netflix picked up the license and is making the sequel.

First couple of seasons she literally made me crazy. Settled down a bit now, lol.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:50 am
  • Episode six got me all torn up! Hirst and his writers are doin' us dirty for the last season, I love it!
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information