Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

BEER..stuff you are trying for the first time.

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Foghawk wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    Grabbed myself a 6er on the way home today.

I'll fill y'all in later :{)

Shouldn't we be waiting for L80's review first?

:lol:

:sarcasm_on: :2thumbs: :sarcasm_off:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• pmedic920 wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:
    Sometimes I'll scroll through the beer thread in between trips to RateBeer, just to see what non-beer geeks are drinking.

Here's the deal for me.

I'm not a beer geek or snob, fact is, I know very little about BEER.

My main alcoholic beverage for many years was AMERICAN whiskey. MakersMark was/is my affordable, easy to find "go to".

I've drank a shit load of beer in my day but I've never really enjoyed drinking it, it was just something to drink, it was an easy, cheap buzz.

A few years ago, I set out to find out what all the "stir" was about. I started buying a 6 pack of this or that, just to see what I'd find. In the process, I found that I liked (really enjoyed) some of the IPAs and American/ Farmhouse ales. I started with what I could find at the same place I bought my Copenhagen or groceries. As I got more interested I moved onto some of the liquor stores or specialty shops, I started talking to folks and looking stuff up.

I've really grown to like the the IPAs but they really do vary so much. I find one that I like for every 5-6 that I wouldn't drink again.

I'd actually at this point love to try my hand at brewing some of my own, I just don't have the time to devote. Maybe some day I will.

I've had a few stouts that I liked but only for an occasional change of pace, or after a meal as a finisher. I feel the same way about the sours, or porters.

I don't like anything that tastes like it was artificiality flavored. An example would be, Ballast Points Grapefruit Sculpin vs Shiners RubyRed. One seems legit, the other flavored.

My intention in starting this tread was to share some of the beers that I found to be enjoyable. I don't expect everyone, or even anyone to agree with me, I just want to share.

I really wish we all could get together and share what we like in person.

I look at beer kinda like I do the Seahawks, something that can unite us in spite of our differences.

GoHawks
    GoBeer
    :{)

Oh, wow. You totally read that in the exact opposite way I meant it. (I can see how you inferred it, though). I meant that I was getting out of an insular sub-culture to see what the wider world is enjoying; not that I was looking down on you all from on high.
    Super Bowl Champions XLVIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:
    Sometimes I'll scroll through the beer thread in between trips to RateBeer, just to see what non-beer geeks are drinking.

Here's the deal for me.

I'm not a beer geek or snob, fact is, I know very little about BEER.

My main alcoholic beverage for many years was AMERICAN whiskey. MakersMark was/is my affordable, easy to find "go to".

I've drank a shit load of beer in my day but I've never really enjoyed drinking it, it was just something to drink, it was an easy, cheap buzz.

A few years ago, I set out to find out what all the "stir" was about. I started buying a 6 pack of this or that, just to see what I'd find. In the process, I found that I liked (really enjoyed) some of the IPAs and American/ Farmhouse ales. I started with what I could find at the same place I bought my Copenhagen or groceries. As I got more interested I moved onto some of the liquor stores or specialty shops, I started talking to folks and looking stuff up.

I've really grown to like the the IPAs but they really do vary so much. I find one that I like for every 5-6 that I wouldn't drink again.

I'd actually at this point love to try my hand at brewing some of my own, I just don't have the time to devote. Maybe some day I will.

I've had a few stouts that I liked but only for an occasional change of pace, or after a meal as a finisher. I feel the same way about the sours, or porters.

I don't like anything that tastes like it was artificiality flavored. An example would be, Ballast Points Grapefruit Sculpin vs Shiners RubyRed. One seems legit, the other flavored.

My intention in starting this tread was to share some of the beers that I found to be enjoyable. I don't expect everyone, or even anyone to agree with me, I just want to share.

I really wish we all could get together and share what we like in person.

I look at beer kinda like I do the Seahawks, something that can unite us in spite of our differences.

GoHawks
    GoBeer
    :{)

Oh, wow. You totally read that in the exact opposite way I meant it. (I can see how you inferred it, though). I meant that I was getting out of an insular sub-culture to see what the wider world is enjoying; not that I was looking down on you all from on high.

No problem dude.
    I didn't take it in a bad way at all.

Just wanted to add a little conversation to all the Beers, open the door a little wider, if you will.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:Porter survived the trip fine. Hops weren't a necessity against spoilage. Just because brewers were told that it was, doesn't actually make it true.

I literally ALREADY said this in my previous post. It doesn't matter if it's true or not - your own boy on that site is saying brewers were told to put extra hops in for voyages to warm climates. Increased hoppiness due to perceived necessity. Doesn't matter if it actually helped or not, that's irrelevant.

Sarlacc83 wrote:So, your reasons are wrong. You don't have to like IPA. I don't care. I used to dislike it, too. But stop spreading your discontent under myths and half-truths. Just dislike it without this faux-intellectual rigor.

That whole site is laying false the claim that a particular PERSON invented IPAs to survive the voyage to India. That's fine. It's irrelevant. I said earlier that I'm not a fan of excessively hoppy beers to begin with and when I found out that increasing hops was due to necessity (PERCEIVED to be, it doesn't matter if it's true or not), it made me dislike it even more.

Also, he keeps using "PAs" (pale ales) interchangeably with IPAs. He should probably fix that. They are not synonyms of each other.

One more time for the cheap seats, your boy says "We know that by the 1760s brewers were being advised that it was “absolutely necessary” to add extra hops to beer if it was being sent to warmer climes."

I don't CARE about any other part of the history - so the Brits didn't start the rumor or process of it. Fine. Though, his own source of it demonstrates the fallacy of that as you'll see in a second from the book he uses as his source. He also says we don't know who did, but points to the reference from the 1760s of knowing it was being told to brewers that they should increase the hops for beer going to warm climates, and amusingly enough, his source for that is a book titled "Every Man His Own Brewer, Or, A Compendium of the English Brewery," by Samuel Child.

So if that's where it started, then it was started by the British after all, and for the expressed purpose of going to warm climates. I guess the part you're arguing specifically is for it being to India instead of warm climates?

Can you explain which part you do have a problem with? I don't have to repeat myself again about the one and only part I care about as far as my own opinion of it goes, do I?
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Does it really matter the history of a particular beer?.

Just drink it. If you like it, GREAT, get more or try something else.

The beauty is that new breweries are popping up every day.

And InBev is trying to buy all of them.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:Porter survived the trip fine. Hops weren't a necessity against spoilage. Just because brewers were told that it was, doesn't actually make it true.

I literally ALREADY said this in my previous post. It doesn't matter if it's true or not - your own boy on that site is saying brewers were told to put extra hops in for voyages to warm climates. Increased hoppiness due to perceived necessity. Doesn't matter if it actually helped or not, that's irrelevant.

Sarlacc83 wrote:So, your reasons are wrong. You don't have to like IPA. I don't care. I used to dislike it, too. But stop spreading your discontent under myths and half-truths. Just dislike it without this faux-intellectual rigor.

That whole site is laying false the claim that a particular PERSON invented IPAs to survive the voyage to India. That's fine. It's irrelevant. I said earlier that I'm not a fan of excessively hoppy beers to begin with and when I found out that increasing hops was due to necessity (PERCEIVED to be, it doesn't matter if it's true or not), it made me dislike it even more.

Also, he keeps using "PAs" (pale ales) interchangeably with IPAs. He should probably fix that. They are not synonyms of each other.

One more time for the cheap seats, your boy says "We know that by the 1760s brewers were being advised that it was “absolutely necessary” to add extra hops to beer if it was being sent to warmer climes."

I don't CARE about any other part of the history - so the Brits didn't start the rumor or process of it. Fine. Though, his own source of it demonstrates the fallacy of that as you'll see in a second from the book he uses as his source. He also says we don't know who did, but points to the reference from the 1760s of knowing it was being told to brewers that they should increase the hops for beer going to warm climates, and amusingly enough, his source for that is a book titled "Every Man His Own Brewer, Or, A Compendium of the English Brewery," by Samuel Child.

So if that's where it started, then it was started by the British after all, and for the expressed purpose of going to warm climates. I guess the part you're arguing specifically is for it being to India instead of warm climates?

Can you explain which part you do have a problem with? I don't have to repeat myself again about the one and only part I care about as far as my own opinion of it goes, do I?

I have no idea what you're going on about at this point. You claimed:
    IPAs were only invented so they'd last long enough to get to India from Britain via ship without going bad or being as subject to contaminants. It was a compromise born of necessity, not some amazing new discovery

Which is demonstrably wrong, as already shown. And you said this to both talk down IPA and to rationalize your dislike. And your sloppy thinking in this regard is now leading you to fail in reading comprehension, as now you've talked down a beer historian with your smarmy comment that "Also, he keeps using "PAs" (pale ales) interchangeably with IPAs. He should probably fix that. They are not synonyms of each other."

But he does know the difference; it's you who've failed to grasp the concept here with binary thinking about PA and IPA in its historical context. (Hint: He wrote: We know that no “pale ale as prepared for the Indian market” seems to have actually been called India Pale Ale (specifically “East India Pale Ale”) until 1835.) This isn't some fine line delineation, which further ruins your argument about the invention of IPA. It was a natural evolution and some branding distinction -- almost a 100 years after the fact.

You aren't reading this stuff and ingesting it. Which is sad, because it's both interesting and enlightening. Instead, you've made an error and continue to double down on it -- now shifting the goalposts and employing sarcasm in lieu of understanding. As long as that happens, I'm not going to engage in this 'conversation'.
    Super Bowl Champions XLVIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

This year's "Beer Camp" ?

I liked it, it's a very pale yellow.
    Smells good, not too bitter.

I'd describe it as "clean & crisp"
    https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/140/262103/
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• The "ten fidy" that I sent L80 and he commented on was a 16 oz single. The place I bought it was limiting them to 1 per customer. I'm guessing it is a supply/demand thing.
    Evidently the folks that like "imperial stouts" really like this one. Hard to get it appears.

Any way, I did see some 4 packs of 12 oz cans the other day.

This may help you find some, if you will be looking :{)

Edit:

Holy Catfish.
    I just looked it up. Check out the scores.

If you like Imperial stouts, this one might be worth seeking out.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• The Ten Fiddy is on my list to keep an eye out for. The Big Bad Baptist I had during the SB is also 96 BA and was an excellent mixture of flavors with a sneaky punch :lol:. I would highly recommend it to any of the Imperial Stout fans on the board. The Bourbon County Brand Stout I posted peaks my interest as well, a 100 BA score :shock:
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

• But which one first????? Ahhh the PNW, the land of good beer.
    Attachments
    IMG_0262.JPG
    IMG_0262.JPG (71.72 KiB) Viewed 709 times
    IMG_0261.JPG
    IMG_0261.JPG (103.7 KiB) Viewed 709 times
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Starter

• That new Beer Camp is delicious. But it's 85 here today so I hope that isn't making my opinion higher than it should be.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• If youre a stout drinker like me, hit up the Odd Otter brewery in Tacoma. They have I believe 4 stouts on tap right now. Was there last night, unfortunstely I was only able to try 1 of them (Comrade Otters imperial chocolate stout) but it was very good.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• XxXdragonXxX wrote:If youre a stout drinker like me, hit up the Odd Otter brewery in Tacoma. They have I believe 4 stouts on tap right now. Was there last night, unfortunstely I was only able to try 1 of them (Comrade Otters imperial chocolate stout) but it was very good.

It's Stout Month at Ft. George down here in Astoria too.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Starter

• Sarlacc83 wrote:I have no idea what you're going on about at this point. You claimed:
    IPAs were only invented so they'd last long enough to get to India from Britain via ship without going bad or being as subject to contaminants. It was a compromise born of necessity, not some amazing new discovery

Which is demonstrably wrong, as already shown. And you said this to both talk down IPA and to rationalize your dislike. And your sloppy thinking in this regard is now leading you to fail in reading comprehension, as now you've talked down a beer historian with your smarmy comment that "Also, he keeps using "PAs" (pale ales) interchangeably with IPAs. He should probably fix that. They are not synonyms of each other."

But he does know the difference; it's you who've failed to grasp the concept here with binary thinking about PA and IPA in its historical context. (Hint: He wrote: We know that no “pale ale as prepared for the Indian market” seems to have actually been called India Pale Ale (specifically “East India Pale Ale”) until 1835.) This isn't some fine line delineation, which further ruins your argument about the invention of IPA. It was a natural evolution and some branding distinction -- almost a 100 years after the fact.

You aren't reading this stuff and ingesting it. Which is sad, because it's both interesting and enlightening. Instead, you've made an error and continue to double down on it -- now shifting the goalposts and employing sarcasm in lieu of understanding. As long as that happens, I'm not going to engage in this 'conversation'.

*shrug*

I'm seeing some reading comprehension issues here. He said it was widely advised by the 1760s to hop up your beer for travel to warm climates. So, warm climates instead of India specifically - that's fine. I was wrong on that part. His own source link for that information came from an English beer guide, specifically; so the Britain part is correct. You're splitting hairs at this point, and I'm already on record as not being a fan of IPAs before I even knew this information, it just contributed further to my dislike.

You're accusing me of selective bias, but I'm seeing the same thing in you on this.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Sox-n-Hawks wrote:But which one first????? Ahhh the PNW, the land of good beer.

Well? You have a review on these yet? :lol:
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

• So I stopped by the liquor superstore this past weekend and picked up a 4 pack of the Ten Fidy. Also bought the Moose Drool to try, not expecting much more than a drinkable brown. Haven't hit either one yet, probably do some tasting this upcoming weekend.

Have a 6 pack of these in my beer fridge that have yet be tapped into as well.

Foghawk
    NET Veteran

• Foghawk wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:But which one first????? Ahhh the PNW, the land of good beer.

Matryoshka-
    Does not taste like a 10% beer. Very nutty stout with a distinct bourbon finish. You can tell it's been barrel aged, excellent beer and worth picking up if you see one.

Love Squirts- Overly flavored swill with a hint of raspberry. Would not buy again, with a name like that? it was worth a try!
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Starter

• Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Foghawk wrote:

Matryoshka-
    Does not taste like a 10% beer. Very nutty stout with a distinct bourbon finish. You can tell it's been barrel aged, excellent beer and worth picking up if you see one.

Love Squirts- Overly flavored swill with a hint of raspberry. Would not buy again, with a name like that? it was worth a try!

Thanks, there certainly are a lot quality barrel aged Imperials out there these days. :2thumbs:

Not a fan of Raspberry anything so I wouldn't be inclined to try that one either way.
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

• Foghawk wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Foghawk wrote:

Matryoshka-

Thanks, there certainly are a lot quality barrel aged Imperials out there these days. :2thumbs:

Not a fan of Raspberry anything so I wouldn't be inclined to try that one either way.

http://fortgeorgebrewery.com/festival-of-dark-arts/
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Starter

• Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:If youre a stout drinker like me, hit up the Odd Otter brewery in Tacoma. They have I believe 4 stouts on tap right now. Was there last night, unfortunstely I was only able to try 1 of them (Comrade Otters imperial chocolate stout) but it was very good.

I'm gonna have to look for the Matryoshka... I haven't seen that here before. I have a couple of cans of Cavatica in the fridge. It's my wife's favorite. Their Quick Wit is a good summer beer, too. That got me through staining my fence this year.
    AAR - CJ Prosise RB/WR/??? - Notre Dame
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm sure I'm very late to the party, but I just tried Bale Breaker Topcutter IPA. For a guy who is not in to super-hoppy IPA's, I really liked that one. I will drink more, just to be sure.
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• TriCHawk wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:If youre a stout drinker like me, hit up the Odd Otter brewery in Tacoma. They have I believe 4 stouts on tap right now. Was there last night, unfortunstely I was only able to try 1 of them (Comrade Otters imperial chocolate stout) but it was very good.

I'm gonna have to look for the Matryoshka... I haven't seen that here before. I have a couple of cans of Cavatica in the fridge. It's my wife's favorite. Their Quick Wit is a good summer beer, too. That got me through staining my fence this year.

It's only in 22oz bottles right now, and in pretty limited distribution. It's certainly worth the search.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Starter

Ok, both of these are drinkable.

The can, is by Oskar Blues Brewery. Same brewery that makes the "ten fidy" imperial stout.
    I'm gunna have to do some research, I'm confused. This IPA says it's from Austin Texas, the "ten fidy" says Colorado.
    I'm not sure what the deal is but this is a good IPA.

The tangerine IPA by Green Flash is good but I like the Citradelic by New Belgium better. (Tangerine IPAs)

Probably won't dedicate any room in my beer fridge to either but I sure won't turn either of them down, if offered.

Edit:
    Seems they have 3 locations
    Austin Tx.
    Brevard Nc.
    Longmont Co.

all brew different stuff, if my research hasn't failed me.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• This one is a "local" to me, I doubt that many of you will ever see it, if you do, give it a try.
    This brew is a "solid" on my top 20 list.

http://brazosvalleybrewery.com
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• pmedic920 wrote:This one is a "local" to me, I doubt that many of you will ever see it, if you do, give it a try.
    This brew is a "solid" on my top 20 list.

http://brazosvalleybrewery.com

"Hop burst with Citra." Mmm, that sounds delicious! I love good late-hopped ales. That was the one thing I overdid when I homebrewed--put tons of aromatic hops in for the last five minutes for that crisp, fresh taste. And yes, it makes a huge difference.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• I've tried pretty much every beer I can find here. Here's a few thoughts:

* More twist-offs please. Seems like 95% of micro-breweries don't have twist-offs. I know I know...hand in my man card. But seriously, I find it annoying having to get a bottle opener or use other methods to open a beer. Especially when I'm driving.

* Too many IPAs. Maybe it's where I live, but I swear like 30-40% of microbrewery beer I see in stores is some kind of IPA. IPAs are alright, but I'm a bit tired of them now.

* While microbrew stuff tends to be considered the best, the big domestic companies are coming out with some decent stuff too. For example, Busch Signature Copper Lager is actually a decent cheap beer. Try it sometime. You'll think "not too bad...tasty."
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:I've tried pretty much every beer I can find here. Here's a few thoughts:

* More twist-offs please. Seems like 95% of micro-breweries don't have twist-offs. I know I know...hand in my man card. But seriously, I find it annoying having to get a bottle opener or use other methods to open a beer. Especially when I'm driving.

* Too many IPAs. Maybe it's where I live, but I swear like 30-40% of microbrewery beer I see in stores is some kind of IPA. IPAs are alright, but I'm a bit tired of them now.

* While microbrew stuff tends to be considered the best, the big domestic companies are coming out with some decent stuff too. For example, Busch Signature Copper Lager is actually a decent cheap beer. Try it sometime. You'll think "not too bad...tasty."

Get one of these to keep in your wallet.

Works great for opening beers while you drive. I hope you were trolling with that one.

Seriously though, this opener is the same size as a credit card. Very convenient.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Yeah normally I just keep a bottle opener on my keychain but then its hard to open my beer with the keys in the ignintion. That card opener is a great idea.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• See, that's just extra stuff I don't want to have to carry around. Just put on a twist-off. It can't be that difficult or costly. If I ever make my own beer, they're gonna be twist-offs.

And honestly, is it better to drink an entire beer and then drive, or is it better to sip on that one beer while I drive? I always figured the latter would be better because less alcohol will be in my bloodstream.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• I know it is very difficult..but Grolsh makes some bottles that are not that bad. You can even buy them in the brown color...like this.....
    Attachments
    beerbottle.jpg
    beerbottle.jpg (1.7 KiB) Viewed 588 times
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Finally got around to drinking a few of the Moose Drool ales I posted above. Not bad, pretty much what I expected, a malty caramel flavor with a little more carbonation than expected. It's a brown ale so no real hoppiness going on with it. I will likely keep a few of these in the fridge along with some Fat Tires for something light to drink.

Also drank a can of the Ten Fiddy. Honestly, I was a little disappointed. It just didn't have a wow factor for me when I drank it like a few of the other high end barrel aged imperial stouts have. I did actually drink it straight out of the can, which is odd for me, so the next one I'll definitely frost up a mug for. I have 3 more cans (bought the 4 pack) to reevaluate my thoughts on this one.
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

• Foghawk wrote:Finally got around to drinking a few of the Moose Drool ales I posted above. Not bad, pretty much what I expected, a malty caramel flavor with a little more carbonation than expected. It's a brown ale so no real hoppiness going on with it. I will likely keep a few of these in the fridge along with some Fat Tires for something light to drink.

Also drank a can of the Ten Fiddy. Honestly, I was a little disappointed. It just didn't have a wow factor for me when I drank it like a few of the other high end barrel aged imperial stouts have. I did actually drink it straight out of the can, which is odd for me, so the next one I'll definitely frost up a mug for. I have 3 more cans (bought the 4 pack) to reevaluate my thoughts on this one.

I saw the moose drool one ale in the cheapo store I go to. I instead of buying that one, I got the cherry wheat one. I like it anyway. There are some other ones there. I am doing a sierra nevada torpedo extra IPA at the moment. it was in a box from costco. And it aint bad. That whole box of what not is not bad including the german like beer.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Don't judge me :{)

I had one of these at 7AM the other day.

It was enjoyable but I needed a nap afterwards.
    Was my first "clown shoes" brew. I will be trying some of their others.

BTW, I get off work at 6 AM.

CHEERS
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• pmedic920 wrote:Don't judge me :{)

I had one of these at 7AM the other day.

It was enjoyable but I needed a nap afterwards.
    Was my first "clown shoes" brew. I will be trying some of their others.

BTW, I get off work at 6 AM.

CHEERS

Well, to be quite honest, I dont judge clowns as they usually are all alike. :stirthepot:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Looking around on the Clown Shoes website, they certainly have some interesting brews. :irishdrinkers:
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

• Clown Shoes Chocolate Sombrero is damn fine.

Their labels are awesome.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• This was great, 7.5/10.
    Would buy again.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Was not impressed 3.5/10

Would drink again, would not pay for it if other options were available.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Largent80 wrote:Today...Trying Lagunitas Sucks.

It DOESN'T suck.

It is in fact delicious, which is scary at 8% ABV.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/74986/

Everything that I've tried from that brewery has been decent.

Only downside is, here in Texas it's tough to get "fresh" beer from them.

I'd put them on a top "20" list easily.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Lagunitas rocks. Their Born Yesterday Pale Ale is the best pale at its price. And on 4/20, Waldo's Special Ale is released, a fantastic 12% double IPA.
    HawkDaHouse
    NET Rookie

Man does that stuff kick your ass! 16 ounces at 16 percent. And it's pretty tasty.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• pmedic920 wrote:Was not impressed 3.5/10

Would drink again, would not pay for it if other options were available.

I just got a sixer of this...dunno if it passes the test yet...Will see after the sixer of Buttlight I just had. he he he
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Bud light???

You're killing me Smalls.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• pmedic920 wrote:Bud light???

You're killing me Smalls.

Dude, the BL...tasted better than the side car. At least I can use the sidecar for bug repellant. Around my garden that is. I wonder if it will bother the gophers.

Beer in a catfood tin will attract the rollypollys. I had a bunch of them caught last year. They love the flavor.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Peanut Butter Porter from Wild Ride Brew in Redmond, OR and Pear Farmhouse Ale from White Salmon, WA. Both pretty good and a little different.

I've almost given up on your average bottled Seattle and Portland brews. I'm liking the smaller town stuff now. I find they're taking more risks, in some cases, and therefor hitting on some unique gems. We don't need the 276,000th IPA that tastes like the other IPAs.

The other part of that is how much money big beer has invested in our "microbrews" depending on the company. We still need to support our local brews and that often requires actually going to the good ones off the tap. You can usually find one in your neighborhood.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• vin.couve12 wrote:Peanut Butter Porter from Wild Ride Brew in Redmond, OR and Pear Farmhouse Ale from White Salmon, WA. Both pretty good and a little different.

I've almost given up on your average bottled Seattle and Portland brews. I'm liking the smaller town stuff now. I find they're taking more risks, in some cases, and therefor hitting on some unique gems. We don't need the 276,000th IPA that tastes like the other IPAs.

The other part of that is how much money big beer has invested in our "microbrews" depending on the company. We still need to support our local brews and that often requires actually going to the good ones off the tap. You can usually find one in your neighborhood.

River Bend Brewery in Bend is not too bad and just a walk to my motel that I have stayed at a lot. A bit of distance from there to Deschutes Brewery tho. But a good walk is good for ya.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Found out I'm going to Vegas next month... I googled breweries there, but is there anyone that can recommend a good local spot and/or beer(s)? My time will be limited, so I will probably only be able to hit 1 or 2. I'm thinking Sin City Brewery. Anyone know if it's worth it?
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:10 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information