Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Game of Thrones (Spoiler Version)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Game of Thrones (Spoiler Version)
Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:24 pm
  • Also, I'm still sort of hung up on how Bran will never walk again, but will fly. Has that already taken place as a raven? That can't be though because if that's the case then you could use the same logic to say that he has also walked again. Seems like he has to physically fly...

BUT, with now only two dragons, why would Bran need to fly the second when John is now a real potential pilot?
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:06 am
  • With the first pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...................

If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:19 pm
  • sc85sis wrote:So can the Night King fly the resurrected dragon over the wall or does the magic still prevent it since it's an undead dragon?

I was thinking more along the lines of punch through the wall. Bring it down to the foundation and then demolish the inscribed spells.
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:32 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:With the first pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...................

Well.. I don't know his completion rate is only 50 percent.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:34 pm
  • JustTheTip wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:So can the Night King fly the resurrected dragon over the wall or does the magic still prevent it since it's an undead dragon?

I was thinking more along the lines of punch through the wall. Bring it down to the foundation and then demolish the inscribed spells.

I just wonder how Jon is going to tell Daenerys that her dead dragon is fair game for the Night King.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:44 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:With the first pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...................

Still better than what the Jets have had recently (okay, not really but...)
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:20 pm
  • JustTheTip wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:With the first pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...................

Still better than what the Jets have had recently (okay, not really but...)

And just slightly worse than their franchise's greatest QB. Namath had a career completion percentage of 50.1%. All the Night King has to do is guarantee a victory over Westeros and he'll be a Hall of Famer.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:12 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:

Yeah, but he can really throw the deep ball.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:34 pm
  • sc85sis wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:

Yeah, but he can really throw the deep ball.

Guess he heard chicks dig the long ball...
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:22 pm
  • Heard he was a control freak .

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:13 pm
  • The season finale is titled "The Dragon and the Wolf". Make of that what you will.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:31 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:The season finale is titled "The Dragon and the Wolf". Make of that what you will.

We're going to finally see Dany and Jon get freaky and consummate their seven kingdom king and queen bond.

She's been givin' Jon the googly eyes all season, all she needed was to see his six pack.

Is it hot in here or what?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:40 pm
  • JustTheTip wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:So can the Night King fly the resurrected dragon over the wall or does the magic still prevent it since it's an undead dragon?

I have missed that there are spells keeping the night king from crossing south. Anyone have a link that explains them?
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:52 pm
  • StoneCold wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:

I have missed that there are spells keeping the night king from crossing south. Anyone have a link that explains them?

The theory is there was a curse put on the wall, but "Winter is Coming" means the Night King and White Walkers grow stronger the colder it gets.

I also think Bran will somehow allow them to pass through, why else is he at the wall? Remember "The Children" created the first White Walker, so it makes sense that Bran is now connected to that magic somehow.......and will either willingly or by mistake allow the White Walkers to cross over.

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/08/16881 ... t-the-wall
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:01 pm
  • They were able to find the tree cave and break the magic there after Bran was marked by the Night King during his vision. Some think maybe that same mark will now allow the White Walkers to get past the wall.

It's also possible the resurrected Viserion will play a role.

Or maybe they'll just go around it via the sea east of Eastwatch if the water freezes hard enough.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:08 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    StoneCold wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:

The theory is there was a curse put on the wall, but "Winter is Coming" means the Night King and White Walkers grow stronger the colder it gets.

I also think Bran will somehow allow them to pass through, why else is he at the wall? Remember "The Children" created the first White Walker, so it makes sense that Bran is now connected to that magic somehow.......and will either willingly or by mistake allow the White Walkers to cross over.

Winter is coming does mean something, it's the words the Starks use to indicate Winter Brings death, or when wronged you can say to your adversary Winter is Coming as a indication the Starks are coming as Robb and Arya has used. The First war of the Night when the Night King was defeated had the First Men and Children in an alliance, Bran the Builder with the Children built the wall and they put spells much like the one in the cave on it to prevent the Dead from crossing. He also Built the Crypts of Winterfell, we have yet to know what hat really means in association with a There must always be a Stark in Winterfell. He also Built Storms end, The keep that the Baratheons occupy that has not been breached ever. There are others but his proficiency in building and seemingly having magic associated with his structures is revered in the history of Westeros.

As far as growing Stronger, the Warlocks, Melisandra and others ability to perform spells jumped dramatically with the birth of Danys Dragons.

Also as far as the Night King, there is a big argument in favor of him being a Stark and former Commander of the Nights Watch. The ability to basically Warg undead, Greenseeing, being two factors.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:20 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    StoneCold wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:

Winter is coming does mean something, it's the words the Starks use to indicate Winter Brings death, or when wronged you can say to your adversary Winter is Coming as a indication the Starks are coming as Robb and Arya has used. The First war of the Night when the Night King was defeated had the First Men and Children in an alliance, Bran the Builder with the Children built the wall and they put spells much like the one in the cave on it to prevent the Dead from crossing. He also Built the Crypts of Winterfell, we have yet to know what hat really means in association with a There must always be a Stark in Winterfell. He also Built Storms end, The keep that the Baratheons occupy that has not been breached ever. There are others but his proficiency in building and seemingly having magic associated with his structures is revered in the history of Westeros.

As far as growing Stronger, the Warlocks, Melisandra and others ability to perform spells jumped dramatically with the birth of Danys Dragons.

Also as far as the Night King, there is a big argument in favor of him being a Stark and former Commander of the Nights Watch. The ability to basically Warg undead, Greenseeing, being two factors.

Perhaps I'm not remembering correctly, but wasn't there a white walker south of the wall in the very first episode?

Ha! I was reading the refinery link and should have gone on to the next paragraph.

"In the podcast's latest episode, "Eastwatch— SpoiLore Editon" — hosts Jim and A.Ron chat about how the wights could cross the wall. Despite the fact that the White Walkers can't go south of the wall. Benjen told Bran and Meera last season it's because ancient spells were carved into its foundation so the dead can't pass.
    As the podcasters point out though we've already seen wights beyond the wall in Season 1. Jon Snow kills it with Jeor Mormont's torch after it comes back to life in Castle Black. It got there because someone dragged it through the gate believing it was dead only to have it come back to life. The White Walkers might not be able to cross the wall on their own volition, but they can cross the wall with someone's help. That means if someone allows them in they could essentially get past the wall."

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:17 am
  • If that dead guy (was it a nights watch member?) was resurrected as a wight from the south side of the wall, then one of the white walkers was able to do it from far away, north of the wall, right? So they can warg. Like the 3 eyed raven & Bran.

Maybe they'll just setup base at the wall, and control their wight army from there if they cant cross. Or they have a way to bring down the wall. That would be crazy to see.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:31 pm
  • StoneCold wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:

In the episode where Benjen rescues Bran, Bran asks him to go with them to Winterfell. Benjen explains that the wall isn't only a physical barrier but also has spell inscribed in the foundation that keep the dead from crossing to the other side, so he is stuck in the north.
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:39 am
  • Huh, not so scary.

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:47 pm

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:32 am
  • I just wanna know where the hell they got those chains from.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:20 pm
  • Maybe whitewalkers crap big chains?
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:23 pm
  • I always wait until the season's over before I watch it, because it's far more enjoyable shotgunning it all at once.

I just watched the first six episodes today, and I'm downloading the seventh...can't wait to see what happens. :)
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:44 pm
  • Meh, one of the weaker seasons and also one of the weaker finales, IMO. At least R+L=J was brought to light to Samwell and consummated. Also, lol @ Littlefinger.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:57 pm
  • Well, I thought it was pretty good, but I"m easily amused. :)
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:22 am
  • This season was weak. Really weak. Way too much going on all at once and too rushed compared to the rest. Before, we had epic battles set up over time. This season was like a game of speed chess, where each episode banged the clock timer for the next episode to rip through its moves.

Glad to see Littlefinger get his, but was a little disappointed it wasn't a little more drawn out and painful. Probably my most hated character of any of them, including Ramsey Snow/Bolton and Joffrey Baratheon/Lanister. A little anti-climactic, to tell the truth.

And I hated to see that last scene with Jon and Dani play out. I mean, don't get me wrong--the skin was nice to see and all, but that whole incest thing has been overdone. I'd have far rather seen the dynamic of "whose next in line for the Iron Throne" game play out instead. Of course, they can still do that next season, which I'm sure they will, right after they realize they're related.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:53 am
  • Yes this season felt very rushed. To the point where I half expected them to go straight from the dragon pit to a battle against the white walkers in the last half hour of the episode.

Its good that they decided to wrap up the show instead of dragging it out for 10 seasons, but they definitely could have done 10 episode seasons these last 2 without dragging things out.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:30 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:This season was weak. Really weak. Way too much going on all at once and too rushed compared to the rest. Before, we had epic battles set up over time. This season was like a game of speed chess, where each episode banged the clock timer for the next episode to rip through its moves.

Glad to see Littlefinger get his, but was a little disappointed it wasn't a little more drawn out and painful. Probably my most hated character of any of them, including Ramsey Snow/Bolton and Joffrey Baratheon/Lanister. A little anti-climactic, to tell the truth.

And I hated to see that last scene with Jon and Dani play out. I mean, don't get me wrong--the skin was nice to see and all, but that whole incest thing has been overdone. I'd have far rather seen the dynamic of "whose next in line for the Iron Throne" game play out instead. Of course, they can still do that next season, which I'm sure they will, right after they realize they're related.

I think the writing has been weak, but the producers more than made up for it with some of the best action set pieces of the entire series.

But yes, the convenient plot devices and ham fisted cheesy dialogue of this season was not up to par of the stellar writing of previous seasons.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:52 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:This season was weak. Really weak. Way too much going on all at once and too rushed compared to the rest. Before, we had epic battles set up over time. This season was like a game of speed chess, where each episode banged the clock timer for the next episode to rip through its moves.

I think the writing has been weak, but the producers more than made up for it with some of the best action set pieces of the entire series.

But yes, the convenient plot devices and ham fisted cheesy dialogue of this season was not up to par of the stellar writing of previous seasons.

It is obvious that, for as big of a hit as this show is, HBO did not choose to increase the budget to really give the show the consistency that it has had in the past. More special effects needed ? Less episodes overall. Sucks. Hopefully they cheated this season's budget to pay for the last.
    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."---LP Hartley
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:06 am
  • Trenchbroom wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:This season was weak. Really weak. Way too much going on all at once and too rushed compared to the rest. Before, we had epic battles set up over time. This season was like a game of speed chess, where each episode banged the clock timer for the next episode to rip through its moves.

It is obvious that, for as big of a hit as this show is, HBO did not choose to increase the budget to really give the show the consistency that it has had in the past. More special effects needed ? Less episodes overall. Sucks. Hopefully they cheated this season's budget to pay for the last.

Hard for me to criticize a show that's spending 10M + per episode.

But that's not my criticism. More money isn't going to help things like writing, plot and character arcs. Which were my complaints this year.

When your barreling towards the final season, it's going to feel rushed. So I have no qualms about that aspect of season 7. But some VERY pedestrian convenient plot device writing to move the story along.

Even last night? Why the hell would Cersei let Jamie leave King's Landing to go spill the beans on her plan to double cross everyone? She'd kill him, or at the least imprison him. Makes no sense to just say "yeah whatever dude, see ya."
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:26 am
  • I think the timing of winter sort of dictates that the pace will pick up. You're literally running out of time at this point.

The Cersei/Jamie scene was interesting, yet I don't put it past Cersei to hav3 something else brewing even in that exchange.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:53 am
  • I enjoyed this season. Some of the action sequences were tremendous, visually as good as ever, but agree it felt rushed. Ontop of it, no major character deaths kinda took away from what the show once was. It felt like the plot armor was way too strong to get all the fan favorites into the final season. I still definitely enjoyed seeing all the interactions in the finale.

Miguel Sapochnik not directing an episode this season was tough but he wants to come back for the final season. BoB, Hardhome, and Winds of Winter are the best episodes the show has produced IMO, all directed by him.

I think the shortened episodes also had to do with increased actor salaries and although it was not publicly said, getting the core to stay on (my opinion). Not many shows this big keep on the same original core group for 8 seasons. Not to say they didn't actually decide on ~13 episodes of story left, but these are long filming schedules and I know most of them are all getting big Hollywood offers, however bad the movies may be.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:41 am
  • Well. all of you complainers are really gonna bitch next season. Only 6 episodes. LMAO.
    I am not as anal as many and have been loving this season. :irishdrinkers:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:54 am
  • Without Georges source material as a road map some of the plot set ups have been pretty obvious, yes it also feels rushed, the action sequences are still the best on television though. I really enjoyed the drama aspect of last nights episode also, something that has been missing a large part of the season. There have been some plot holes that I question though. Right out of the gate we have Bronn seeing to the defenses, a soldier comes up and says they have 500 barrels of pitch, Bronn says get 500 more. This is where I have a issue, they just got their asses handed to them on the road from Highgarden by a Dragon, having 1000 Barrels of oil or pitch on the wall where all your troops are deployed and two flying flamethrowers attacking you does not seem like a great maneuver.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:11 pm
  • As they head to the climax of the story it's bound to become a bit predictable and rushed. The possibilities are narrowing as you've been setting things in motion for 7 years. They have to unite in some form, whether Cersi has her fingers crossed behind her back or not, they will fight the Night King and the army of the dead and they will win. Can their be any other outcome?

Once the Night King is settled they can sort out who is on the Iron Throne. For me that is where there is still room for surprise. That said I'm enjoying all of it very much.

I don't think it's quite correct to think of this as a shortened season, rather it's a 15 episode final season stretched over two years.

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:29 pm
  • Littlefinger died as he lived: like a bitch.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:26 pm
  • KOMO News
    6 hrs ·

An online dating survey found people are 81% more likely to get a date if they say they are fans of this. What is it?
    #KOMOQUESTION

Answer: Game of Thrones. Thanks for playing!

:hmmmm:
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:34 pm
  • So that says people are interested in murder, infidelity, incest, and naked bodies on the screen.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:56 pm
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:34 pm
  • Why arn't they making baby dragons?
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:26 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:Why arn't they making baby dragons?

Looks like they are doing a bang up job trying as far as non winged variety, they other type lay eggs and not sure if they need to be of a certain sex or not to do that or if they are like frogs, besides I don't think you can tell the wing variety to do anything if they don't want to.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:24 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:Why arn't they making baby dragons?

Looks like they are doing a bang up job trying as far as non winged variety, they other type lay eggs and not sure if they need to be of a certain sex or not to do that or if they are like frogs, besides I don't think you can tell the wing variety to do anything if they don't want to.

Even wing variety want to :)
    two females and one male.. well one male and one female now.
    And as a species, it does want to propagate.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:01 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information