Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Game of Thrones (Spoiler Version)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Game of Thrones (Spoiler Version)
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:56 pm
  • Let's assume (safely) that Jamie and Bronn are still alive; are they going to be taken prisoner by Dany or will they escape? If they are captured that'll set up yet another reunion which is very intriguing: Tyrion and Jamie. My guess is that Tyrion will be happy to see his brother but Jamie will want to strangle the life out of Tyrion (with one hand).

Something that I thought of during the loot train scene, holy crap, Bronn has saved Jamie and Tyrion soooo many times. Bronn has earned the right to be a smug c u next Tuesday, the Lannisters owe that man anything he asks for.

One last thought, I think Littlefinger defecated in his trousers after he saw Arya go toe to toe with Brienne. I watched that scene two more times after the episode.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:00 am
  • Isn't LIttle Finger on Arya's list?
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 am
  • Seahwkgal wrote:Isn't LIttle Finger on Arya's list?

Nah, he never made the list. These are the people who have been on Arya's kill list at one time or other: Walter Frey, Cersei, The Mountain, The Hound (although he's been taken off the list), Melisandre, Beric Dondarrian, Thoros of Myr, Ilyn Payne, Ser Meryn Trant, Joffrey and Tywyn Lannister
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:55 am
  • He would have been if she knew what he had done, he was at Harrenhall giving information to Tywin when she was a cup barer though so knows he was involved with the Robb situation. Why she was startled when Sansa mentioned he was in Winterfell.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:15 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:Not correct. After Jon had been given the okay to mine the glass he was having a conversation with Daenerys where she said she would provide troops to help fight the White Walkers if he bent the knee. So bending the knee wasn't a requirement for mining the glass.

Aw yeah, you're right--bending the knee was for troops (a far more selfless act) than letting him have the glass. The glass was nothing, though, and she still had to have Tyrion convince her. Bottom line is she's still pretty power hungry.

Just the fact that she's seeking the throne makes her power hungry, IMO. Really doesn't matter why she's doing it.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:50 pm
  • The shout out to the Gendry "still rowing" internet memes was fantastic. And the random badass characters going beyond the wall is excellent.

Bronn dragging Jaimie across the river to where they wouldnt get captured fast enough that he wouldnt drown...yeah...
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:24 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:The shout out to the Gendry "still rowing" internet memes was fantastic. And the random badass characters going beyond the wall is excellent.

Bronn dragging Jaimie across the river to where they wouldnt get captured fast enough that he wouldnt drown...yeah...

Yeah, thought the opening scene there was pretty laughable.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:39 am
  • I wanna party with these mofos

If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:21 pm
  • I assume I'm not the only one that caught that Gilly, without realizing it, found proof that Jon is the trueborn son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, which means his claim to the Iron Throne is lawfully stronger than Daenerys?
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:29 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:I assume I'm not the only one that caught that Gilly, without realizing it, found proof that Jon is the trueborn son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, which means his claim to the Iron Throne is lawfully stronger than Daenerys?

Didn't get Sams attention because he does not know the fan theory, all he knows is John didn't know who his mother was and Sam assumes his father is Ned Stark.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:36 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:I assume I'm not the only one that caught that Gilly, without realizing it, found proof that Jon is the trueborn son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, which means his claim to the Iron Throne is lawfully stronger than Daenerys?

Didn't get Sams attention because he does not know the fan theory, all he knows is John didn't know who his mother was and Sam assumes his father is Ned Stark.

I know, but Sam stole a bunch of books from the Citadel. Fair chance that book is among them, and Bran knows the truth. My guess is Sam is probably heading back to Castle Black. He might stop in Winterfell along the way. You never know.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:25 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:I assume I'm not the only one that caught that Gilly, without realizing it, found proof that Jon is the trueborn son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, which means his claim to the Iron Throne is lawfully stronger than Daenerys?

Main story on all the fanboy sites today.

So yes, Rhaegar was the heir apparent to the mad king. if nobody got killed and the Targaryans had held the throne, Rhaegar would have succeeded the mad king, and Jon would have succeeded him. Dany and Viserys would've just been loitering around the red keep or whatever.

While my wife would like to see Jon and Dany hook up for some sort of Westeros power couple to rule them all, IMO this discovery if true makes for WAY more fireworks at the end of this thing.

Means Dany would have to either relinquish her contention that she's the only ruler, or go down in a ball of flames, literally.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:38 pm
  • Or they Marry and both are happy, Jon doesn't have to really rule and Dani can. She gets in as a Wife, he gets to go White Walker Hunting with Tormund :)

Its the Targaryen thing to do.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:45 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Or they Marry and both are happy, Jon doesn't have to really rule and Dani can. She gets in as a Wife, he gets to go White Walker Hunting with Tormund :)

What do you think this is, the Lannisters? We're all stocked up on sibling humping.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:19 pm
  • Am I the only one who felt the whole "super team" at the end felt really contrived, and their plan makes zero logical sense?? I would be shocked if this same plan ends up in George Grrrrrrrrrrrrr Martin's work, at least in anywhere close to the same manner. Damn what a hot mess this season has turned into after a pretty good start :/
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:55 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Or they Marry and both are happy, Jon doesn't have to really rule and Dani can. She gets in as a Wife, he gets to go White Walker Hunting with Tormund :)

What do you think this is, the Lannisters? We're all stocked up on sibling humping.

They're not siblings, they'd be aunt and nephew. That's perfectly acceptable incest.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:26 am
    Last edited by fenderbender123 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:45 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Or they Marry and both are happy, Jon doesn't have to really rule and Dani can. She gets in as a Wife, he gets to go White Walker Hunting with Tormund :)

They're not siblings, they'd be aunt and nephew. That's perfectly acceptable incest.

Oogie

Not sure that's the way the writers want to end this thing, with some good ol' fashioned middle age "acceptable" incest.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:18 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Oogie

Not sure that's the way the writers want to end this thing, with some good ol' fashioned middle age "acceptable" incest.

Well He is Targaryen, he could have Sansa in the mix as well and it would be a threesome.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:18 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Oogie

Well He is Targaryen, he could have Sansa in the mix as well and it would be a threesome.

Real Fire and Ice a Redhead and a Blonde.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:55 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Oogie

So why have them give each other sex eyes without any sort of payoff? Wouldn't make much sense right?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:02 am
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Oogie

So why have them give each other sex eyes without any sort of payoff? Wouldn't make much sense right?

Because neither of them know the connection yet.

Luke and Leia flirted with each other for two movies before finding out they were brother and sister.........doesn't mean Lucas wanted them to hook up.

My point is I'm not sure if what we now know about Jon is true the writers and showrunners want that sort of incestual ending to the show. Martin? Yes, for sure, he's a sick bastard........but not sure about Weiss and Benioff.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:16 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:

Oogie

Luke and Leia flirted with each other for two movies before finding out they were brother and sister.........doesn't mean Lucas wanted them to hook up.

My point is I'm not sure if what we now know about Jon is true the writers and showrunners want that sort of incestual ending to the show. Martin? Yes, for sure, he's a sick bastard........but not sure about Weiss and Benioff.

I think she does now.. Dragon smelled dragon blood in Jon, Jon may not yet understand.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:42 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:

Martin modeled the show on medieval Europe - specifically War of the Roses and so on.

Incest was par for the course in that time period. For example, first cousins marriages were absolutely legal for the most part -- which is why the royal families in Europe have certain illness issue even up to our modern times. So much inbreeding.

Politically speaking, in a world where political power is created by bloodlines, it's politically advantageous to consolidate power by keeping it close to the vest, so to speak. You marry outside the family, you give the outsiders "clout" - IE, you give away power and create more headaches. Thus everyone is scheming to marry their daughters off to powerful houses to get a chunk of power for themselves, which is why Walder Frey took Robb's insult to heart. It affected his whole powerbase and political standing, so he took revenge.

If every marriage creates power or gives away power ... you have to look at blood the way we do super-delegates or corporate sponsors today.

Jon marries Dani it creates "stronger Targaryen bloodlines", or if Jon marries Sansa, his 1st cousin, their kids would have an uncontested Stark lineage in the north that the other lords would have to respect.

I know it's gross, but it's "that world" not ours, and you have to look at it through that lens.

I find it odd the things that people moralize on a TV show. Like, everyone gets so freaked out about Jon making eyes at Dany or Sansa, yet they are perfectly fine with him hanging a 12 year old boy.... think about that for a minute, in context. :)
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:19 am
  • The_Z_Man wrote:
    I find it odd the things that people moralize on a TV show. Like, everyone gets so freaked out about Jon making eyes at Dany or Sansa, yet they are perfectly fine with him hanging a 12 year old boy.... think about that for a minute, in context. :)

I'm not moralizing TV, I'm guessing at how the showrunners would like this amazing beloved ratings juggernaut of a series to end...........and me thinks they don't want it to end with an aunt and a nephew gettin' freaky and becoming King and Queen of the Seven Kingdoms.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:30 am
  • It is going to have a bittersweet ending George has said, the Show runners are going to portray that they said or close. So Dani Queen and pregnant and Jon the new Night King is a strong possibility. Something of that nature, or both Jon and Dani Night King and Queen and Sansa Queen and remarried to Tyrion by default since everyone else is dead, Gendry King with Arya Queen because of the above and a Stark always has to be in Winterfell. Something like that.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:13 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Oogie

I think she does now.. Dragon smelled dragon blood in Jon, Jon may not yet understand.

Very interesting observation. Until I read your post I'd forgotten about the dragon sniffy scene where Jon was about shite himself.
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:19 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:It is going to have a bittersweet ending George has said, the Show runners are going to portray that they said or close. So Dani Queen and pregnant and Jon the new Night King is a strong possibility. Something of that nature, or both Jon and Dani Night King and Queen and Sansa Queen and remarried to Tyrion by default since everyone else is dead, Gendry King with Arya Queen because of the above and a Stark always has to be in Winterfell. Something like that.

I don't really have a clue how it will end. If it were up to George (and if he were to ever finish the books) the ending would be the most bloody, everyone you love dead kind of ending and Little Finger on the Iron throne. I base that on the red wedding.

With Benioff and Wiess? Something less grisly, a few satisfying deaths, Little Finger, the Grey Joy guy killed by Theon, Jamie kills Cersi. With both Jon and Dani it could go either way, but I think only one survives. I could see a scene where Dani sacrifices herself and her dragons to kill the Night King, save Jon and the rest of humanity.
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:51 pm
  • I just watched episode 6, which was leaked online. I wont spoil anything for anybody... but holy shit.....

You can watch it here:

https://hdonline.to/
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:06 am

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:15 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:I just watched episode 6, which was leaked online. I wont spoil anything for anybody... but holy shit.....

You can watch it here:

The link worked... took 3.5 freaking hours to download though... sheesh.

It cracks me up, all the people online bitching about how unrealistic it is that they are going from this place to that place in x amount of time. As if "realism" is an issue on a show where a woman gave birth to shadow demon smoke...

Realistically speaking, those dragons could never fly. Nor could Dany stay on one without a harness or see a damn thing since they are probably moving at 200 knots, easy. She'd have trouble even breathing, and could you imagine below zero temperatures and you're flying on a dragon. What's the windchill of a 200 knot wind when it's 20 degrees out? She'd be flash frozen on that damn dragon. Not to mention, there is no way in hell you could hit one if you had an entire salvo of ballista's. Moving crap in the air is hard to hit, even with fully automatic .50 caliber anti aircraft weapons that fire several hundred rounds a minute. The idea that Bronn could hit one with a giant crossbow is completely ridiculous. As far as the night king chucking a spear? LOL, so "magic guided missile" ok, that works, but it has nothing to do with "realistic".

I just don't understand why people say things like "realistic" in reference to a show like this.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:31 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:I just watched episode 6, which was leaked online. I wont spoil anything for anybody... but holy shit.....

You can watch it here:

Nothing against you, but I wish mainstream sites wouldn't give people the leak links or even discuss hacked footage.........all it does is give the hackers the blackmail leverage they're looking for.

If everyone refused to publish the leaked footage or episodes, then the hackers would be powerless.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:48 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:

Nothing against you, but I wish mainstream sites wouldn't give people the leak links or even discuss hacked footage.........all it does is give the hackers the blackmail leverage they're looking for.

If everyone refused to publish the leaked footage or episodes, then the hackers would be powerless.

This isn't hacked. HBO released episode 6 early via their feed... though it isn't clarified if this was intentional or a mistake.

I'm wondering if they aren't experimenting, since all these leaks their episodes are higher rated than ever.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:31 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

This isn't hacked. HBO released episode 6 early via their feed... though it isn't clarified if this was intentional or a mistake.

I'm wondering if they aren't experimenting, since all these leaks their episodes are higher rated than ever.

That's why I said nothing against you.......but I've seen leaked links and pics all over the interwebz.

Just saying if sites resisted posting, then maybe HBO and others wouldn't have to just release stuff early to get out ahead, which is probably what HBO was doing here.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:40 pm
  • They were hacked weeks ago by someone in Spain, if and big if since they want ratings on show night HBO did leak the episode prior to show time it would be damage control. Scripts and video were both stolen prior to the first episode.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:33 pm
  • Just watched. WOW! That's all I will say.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:43 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    That's why I said nothing against you.......but I've seen leaked links and pics all over the interwebz.

Just saying if sites resisted posting, then maybe HBO and others wouldn't have to just release stuff early to get out ahead, which is probably what HBO was doing here.

I didn't post the link... that was J :)
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:46 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:Just watched. WOW! That's all I will say.

I know, right?

If I'm Jon or one of his crew, I'm going full blown Hudson from Aliens.

"Wait, the Night King has icy spears that can gut dragons like turkeys? The dragons that were supposed to help us beat him?

WTF are we gonna do now?

We're in some pretty *&** now...

Game over man, Game over!"
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:01 am
  • Now they are really going to need every Kingdom to fight together. Somebody needs to kill Cercei so Jamie can rule Casterly Rock and the Westernlands. Cercei is the mad queen in this version of the game. I also think a nephew will boink his aunt.....I see it coming. lol
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:27 am
  • The_Z_Man wrote:It cracks me up, all the people online bitching about how unrealistic it is that they are going from this place to that place in x amount of time. As if "realism" is an issue on a show where a woman gave birth to shadow demon smoke...

I mostly agree that it's stupid to complain about how long it's taking people to travel. But only because the show doesn't really tell us how many days are passing (does it?). If a person is suddenly all the way across the continent, then maybe it took them a few days or weeks to get there. What's the big deal? Do we want to sit there and watch them sail for an entire episode? The actors are all aging 1 year per season, so it makes sense if it's spanning a longer period than it seems while we're watching.

To your point, though, if people really were teleporting around the continent in the show, I think people's issue with that wouldn't be that it's unrealistic in our world, but that it would be unrealistic in the GoT world. Jon, Jamie, Tyrion, Dani, etc...those characters don't have teleportation skills...so it would break the rules of their fictional world. Giving birth to shadow demon smoke and riding on dragons does not break the rules, because people accept that those kinds of things exist in the GoT world, and for a good reason.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:55 am
  • ... and no GPS.. of course they knew exactly where they were,
    He can find a solitary ring in a field as far as the eyes can see.

Yeah, but thats entertainment.

Damn, wonder if the Walker General can raise a dragon from the beyond as well.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:07 am
  • Got around to watching the leaked episode last night, almost purely so I could avoid spoilers that I knew would show up on reddit/youtube/here (and it looks like I was right, considering the last handful of posts).

That was quite the episode. I don't want to post much as far as the story/spoilers go, just for the people who are going to wait to watch until Sunday. But I'll talk about this since it's been building up over the last two or three episodes...

I think Arya is acting far more brash/naïve than her character should. I'm thinking Bran likely told Sansa and Arya about visions of Littlefinger's past betrayals (Ned's death, the Red Wedding, giving Sansa to the Boltons, etc.) and they're both just playing possum for now. Mr. Kaosh Isha Laddah is attempting to pit all of the Starks against each other, obviously, and it's going to be the end of him. You don't conspire against the Starks IN Winterfell while three of the Starks are there and two of them have magical powers of some sorts.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:08 am
  • My two wishes: The death of Cercei. The Death of Little Finger. I hate both characters with a passion.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:05 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:My two wishes: The death of Cercei. The Death of Little Finger. I hate both characters with a passion.

Maybe the same way in which she is slowly killing that womans daughter.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:39 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:My two wishes: The death of Cercei. The Death of Little Finger. I hate both characters with a passion.

Yea, both of their acts have worn out. I keep wondering why they're even alive at this point.

People talk about Littlefinger being this great schemer, but it seems to me that most of his success is due to the fact that everyone around him is as dumb as a rock.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:45 am
  • The_Z_Man wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:My two wishes: The death of Cercei. The Death of Little Finger. I hate both characters with a passion.

Yea, both of their acts have worn out. I keep wondering why they're even alive at this point.

People talk about Littlefinger being this great schemer, but it seems to me that most of his success is due to the fact that everyone around him is as dumb as a rock.

They really are dumb.. it's a civilization that has been recorded for 10K years and yet they are still only one tool removed from being Cavemen.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:46 pm
  • "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:01 pm
  • John can't back out now....sort of good that he doesn't know.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:02 pm
  • So can the Night King fly the resurrected dragon over the wall or does the magic still prevent it since it's an undead dragon?
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:12 pm
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]