Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The truth is out there, and maybe more 'X-Files' on Fox

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Significant talks are underway with "The X-Files" stars Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny and creator Chris Carter for more of the drama series, Fox's entertainment president said.

"Schedules are hard, but we are working hard to get this done and we would love to get another season out soon," programming chief David Madden told a TV critics meeting Monday.

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Significant Talks = how much money do we have to throw at Duchovny and Anderson to make this work.

Not sure if I'd watch another season, it was pretty underwhelming.......especially the main story arc they tried to weave throughout the episodes. Cheeeeeesy.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Even if it's not what it used to be I will always watch X-Files with Scully and Mulder involved. I just hope they can work around mine and Gillian's wedding date.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• The X-Files is bringing back Mulder and Scully 2.0 for Season 11.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Robbie Amell (The Flash) and Lauren Ambrose (Six Feet Under) have signed on to reprise their roles as Agents Miller and Einstein in the series’ latest revival (set to bow on Fox in early 2018). It remains unclear how many of Season 11’s 10 episodes they will appear in.

The pair made their X-Files debut in last year’s six-episode revival as FBI special agents who bore more than a passing resemblance to David Duchovny’s Mulder and Gillian Anderson’s Scully. (Amell’s Miller was open to nontraditional ideas and explanations, while Ambrose’s Agent Einstein — a redheaded doctor who chose to make her career in the Bureau — was far more interested in solving mysteries by using clear-cut, irrefutable science.)

There was buzz that Fox and series creator Chris Carter briefly toyed with (but ultimately jettisoned) the idea of launching an X-Files spinoff centered on Miller and Einstein, something Carter neither confirmed not denied. For her part, Ambrose sidestepped the spinoff chatter when we spoke to her last year. “All I know is it was a great place to work and I would love to do more,” she said at the time. “I love working with Chris and David and Gillian. They’re all amazing, talented people… and I would like nothing more than to do more.”

http://tvline.com/2017/08/14/the-x-file ... returning/
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• The X files is notably worse when Vince Gilligan isn't involved.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• I am seriously
    Attachments
    stoked.jpg
    stoked.jpg (129.54 KiB) Viewed 7127 times

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• WEEE!!! Cannot wait!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• :greetingsearthling: :smilingalien:

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• SO stoked for more Scully and Mulder!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Really the show you can never, ever replace Mulder and Scully aka David and Gillian! The original is the original. Despite now being older.
    October Skies!!
    Passepartout
    NET Rookie

• Series has been horrible since Vince Gilligan hasn't been a part of it. Just die already, X-Files. You were good when you were good.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• I never cared much for X-Files, but I loved the lead-in show from it's first season. The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. died far too young.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Sigh. I wanted so badly to come in here and rave about the new season with Scully and Mulder. I wanted the writing to be smart, the acting engaging and believable.

I Wanted To Believe.

But just like you don't give up on a loved one with dementia, I will continue to watch them as long as they are playing those roles.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Yeah, I was looking for more substance. This one was a let down. :(
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• I thought the last episode was much better. Felt more like the old X-Files and not this weird 21st Century hybrid version we're seeing. There's still hope if they can really focus on the writing. Both Mulder and Scully have fantastic chemistry but they are hand tied by the writing. It's not far off...Just a tweak here a tweak there can bring this series back to what it was originally.

And I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before but Scully gets hotter by the year and that alone is worth watching. :smilingalien:

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Great show last night.

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Well this is sad news. :(

While Duchovny can’t seem to quit Mulder, and is open for a season 12, Anderson is definitely ready to hang up Scully’s hat.

“I won’t change my mind. This is it for me,” says Anderson. She recently starred in The Fall (2013-2016) War and Peace (2016), and last year’s American Gods. She will next star in the upcoming action comedy, The Spy Who Dumped Me.

“Now I’m in a position where I am offered different kinds of stuff and I get to challenge myself in different ways on a regular basis. It feels like it would be counter-productive, or counter-intuitive to sign myself up to do something that doesn’t allow me that freedom.”

Duchovny adds with a wry smile, “I’ve tried to say goodbye to Fox Mulder many times, and I’ve failed. I’m good either way. I’m good with this being the end, I’m good with it not being the end. I can’t see the future. I don’t know.”

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv ... 5a46e9c344
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• It's not surprising. Sad, but not surprising news. I watch her in The Fall and she is brilliant. I can fully understand her not wanted to be committed to Scully when her reach as an actor is so much more than that.

I finally sat down and watched that last episode. Now THAT is classic X-Files! Solid acting, characters, script...Perfect blend of drama and humor and of course the chemistry between them is fantastic.

Just all the more reason to savor these final final episodes. They will likely leave it all out there on a high note which is great - and sad at the same time. But then again, this reboot has all been playing with house money any ways.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• When I recently re-watched much of the original run for the first time since I was a kid, the first thing I noticed was how much better of an actor Gillian Anderson was than David Duchovny. He got better as the show went along...but yeah not surprised that she wants to other things.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Yes she is heads and shoulders a better actor than David. That's why I understand she doesn't want to be pigeonholed in the Scully role. I am just happy she agreed to the reboot. Does anyone know how many episodes are left?

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:Does anyone know how many episodes are left?

From the same article I linked above. 8)

“I am much happier about doing these next 10 episodes than I was about the last six,” the sci fi star tells news.com.au, referring to season 10, which aired last year.

So 7 left. :smilingalien:
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Every Easter Egg in The X-Files Episode ‘The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat’

http://www.vulture.com/2018/01/the-x-fi ... re+Blog%29

:greetingsearthling:
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• They really poked a lot of humor at the White House in that last episode.
    Seahawkville
    NET Rookie

• If you're dying to know how Season 11 is going to end, that wait just got a little longer. FOX has confirmed the air dates for the rest of Season 11 and the series will take a 2 week break in February due to the Winter Olympics.

"Ghouli" airs on January 31st, followed by "Kitten" on February 7th. We'll skip February 14th and 21st with Episode 7 set to air on February 28th. Episode 8 will air March 7th, Episode 9 on March 14th, and the finale Episode 10 will air on March 21st.

So mark your calendars, request days off to recover, whatever you need to do! We've updated our watch and rewatch calendar here and will add episode names and hashtags as soon as we get those confirmed.

http://xfiles.news/index.php/news/lates ... r-olympics
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• :smilingalien:
    Attachments
    stoked.jpg
    stoked.jpg (129.54 KiB) Viewed 5756 times

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• The last episode felt completely like a normal episode from their heyday. Mid 90's. The awkwardness and "Trying-too-hard-itis" is wearing off. The writers and actors seem to be getting back to their flow from when this series was great. Now that's not to say that I thought the episode was outstanding. It was just okay. But what made it good was that I forgot I was watching the new gen X-Files and just thought I was watching one of the old episodes.

Something tells me these final episodes are going to leave us Xphiles craving more.

PS...I heart Scully but she's starting to look like a bobble head. She could stand to eat some meat loaf here and there.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• You've spoken around the season 11 finale and farewell to Scully, is there anything more you can tell us about it?

"It's a culmination of the ten episodes and it's a culmination of a storyline. I can tell you that it involves their son, who they've always considered to be their son, revelations there. It will certainly be looked upon as a cliffhanger of sorts, but also an episode that answers so many questions."

You've said the show has always been Mulder and Scully and David has said a few things about the seasons without him – how do you feel about the Doggett and Reyes years looking back?

"I always thought of David the way I thought about the child William [Mulder and Scully's child], as an absent centre. Even when he wasn't there, he was the centre of everyone's concern, and the stories revolved around him. I think that's an interesting problem for storytellers and I think that if The X-Files is to go forward then Scully would be a similar absent centre."

So is this it, for good, forever?

"I don't know. I think that certainly The X-Files has more life in it, there are more stories to tell, with Gillian or without. I'm sorry to see her go, I've never actually considered doing this show without her, so is this the end?

"It's the end of something, I don't know if it's the beginning of something new. But certainly we will have to all put our heads together and figure out where to go from here."

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-x-file ... -anderson/
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• If they could only shed tears.
    Attachments
    1.jpg
    1.jpg (60.29 KiB) Viewed 5620 times

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• http://xfiles.news/index.php/news/lates ... 9sbg93zxjz
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• About to be the end of an era. :(
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Minus the first episode, it's been a good season thus far. Bittersweet. But it's good that they're going out with a bang.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• No doubt, one of our favorite shows. Pretty solid return for the 2 seasons. And I still love me some Scully :shock:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Agreed. The first episode of this season was pretty bad but since then it has really shined and rivals their heyday episodes. It's going to make it that much harder knowing the final episode is most likely, truly the final episode of the Mulder and Scully Era. And the X-Files without Mulder and Scully isn't even worth watching unless they branch off completely to a sub-series (and don't call it X-Files).

At least I can still (G)oogle Anderson on Netflix on The Fall and other series she chooses. :smilingalien:

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• The Fall was a great show.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Great episode. Watched it over the weekend. Taking a page from "Black Mirror" for sure. I'm already getting depressed that we are seeing Mulder and Scully likely for the very last time. At least they will be going out on a roll.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• :3-1:
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• :shock:

Don't quit your day job Mulder.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote::shock:

Don't quit your day job Mulder.

ROFL. Don't have to be good at your passion to love doing it; what can we say? :lol:
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• This thread started me watching The X-Files from the beginning again a few weeks ago. I just got to season four, episode five - The Field Where I Died.

One of my top three intros to any X-Files episode ever, personally. That music, and that reading/monologue by Mulder...gives me chills.

At times I almost dream...I too have spent a life the sage's way.

RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• One of my favorite episodes.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Season four had some really great ones, I just came to Synchrony, the one where time travel gets invented through a form of cryogenics from a couple students at MIT. One of my all-time favorites. This episode still serves as one of the most realistic warnings about time travel, if it were to be possible/invented/discovered. Most of the time, the concentration is on what happens if you go back in time and change something, how it can affect the present/future, but this investigated it in a different direction.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Season 4 was their prime. A classic season full of classic episodes.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Next

It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information