Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The truth is out there, and maybe more 'X-Files' on Fox

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Personally, I think that season four marked the beginning of the golden era for The X-Files, which IMO, lasted from seasons 4-7, with seven being the final season where Mulder is in all episodes.

I rank five ahead of four, and six on par with four, personally.

Regardless, not many shows have many of their best seasons halfway through (or more) the entire run.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• I would agree with that pretty much.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• End of an era next week.

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Booo!

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Watched the recent episode last night. These recent episodes makes me feel like I am living in 1994-1995 all over again! Amazing. And of course just when they get their magic back they will bow out for good. No fair!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• :alien:

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Haven't watched it yet...(I savor these episodes for the weekend)...So the way they are talking it sounds like maaaaaaybe they could still be back for another season or is it truly over?

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• They left it where you could say it's over. But then again............ :smilingalien:
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• It's all about the numbers. If the ratings are there and the demand is high, they will be back. If it's lukewarm, goodnight Mulder and Scully.

Come on X-Philes! Unite!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Without saying too much. I wouldn't go into the finale with high expectations. It wasn't as bad as the season premiere. But you could tell it was the same writer.

I don't know if they have more than one writer. But IF they go for another season. They have to have more consistency. The episodes seemed to get better as the season progressed. Until the finale...... :yawn:

I would give it a C plus. And I might be a little generous there. :|

Watch it and decide for yourself. :alien:
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Oh bummer. Not THAT writer. Yuck. Why on earth would they settle for that dude on what could very well be the true finale?

Interesting:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/21/entertai ... index.html

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Another take on it.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-x-files-fin ... 1823987599

Look, there are a lot of times The X-Files could have, or should have, ended. From season seven’s “Closure” to the more recent “The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat,” Carter had ample time to put a stamp on this show and mail it off into classic scifi history. His persistence at keeping it open-ended and dragging characters through nonsensical muck is almost incomprehensible. But with last night’s finale, Carter has finally brought his once-beloved TV series to a low point it can never, ever recover from.

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Attachments
    crap.jpg
    crap.jpg (62.73 KiB) Viewed 1146 times

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• LOL...Ah man, I dunno...There were some absolute jewels in S11. JEWELS JERRY! JEWELS!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• No doubt. The last few episodes were awesome. Apparently Chris Carter only presides over the premiere and finale. So maybe he should let the others do the work.

It’s not clear how many episodes each of the seven writers will be personally responsible for, but it’s probably safe to say that Carter will again preside over the premiere and the finale.

http://tvline.com/2017/06/26/the-x-file ... ames-wong/

And a very long interview with Chris Carter.

"Is this The End? - XFN talks with Chris Carter about "My Struggle 4"

http://www.xfiles.news/index.php/news/r ... struggle-4

Round 4 is pretty interesting in itself:

“Are we going to have a next season?” I ask.

“I don’t know,” he snickers. “Gillian said that she’s not coming back to the show but, you know my answer to that is never say never. I don’t know what’s going to happen now, and now Fox was just sold to Disney, and you just don’t know—there are people that are making decisions that are apart from me and beyond me.”

I tell him that the day that the merger between Fox and Disney was announced, Frank Spotnitz joked to me that there will be an X-Files ride at Disneyland. The fact that that could happen makes me cringe a bit.

“What happens when the merger goes through, and if someone gets the idea that it would be novel to make a next generation version of the show, without you?” I ask, and it is a punch straight to the plexor.

“Without me?” There’s some room for meditation there. “Hmm, well, my connection to the show is only as good as their word, so that’s all I have. Their word.”
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:No doubt. The last few episodes were awesome. Apparently Chris Carter only presides over the premiere and finale. So maybe he should let the others do the work.

Well apparently so! Look Chris gets credit for the creation of the show but he's not a superb writer. The best leaders know their strengths and their limitations and delegate accordingly. I get the feeling Chris doesn't always follow that paradigm. The best way for this series to live and thrive in this current era is to find excellent writers. Let THEM do the dirty work. We already know the chemistry between Duchovney and Anderson is a gold mine. But the writing has ALWAYS been the inconsistency. One episode could be labeled brilliant by even the most cynical critic while the next one was complete garbage. Look at the first episode of S11 versus say the last few.

Obviously Anderson - an accomplished actress in her own right - knows this. To her, it's likely more an self-perceived obligation to her past, her X-File associates and her fans than it is any kind of career move or challenge. As for David, I think he's simply along for the ride. Like Mitch Pileggi, lol.

I certainly am not about to hold my breath for a Scully/Mulder S12. Quite frankly I felt these last two seasons were nothing more than house money.
    Attachments
    EdTq5Nd.jpg
    EdTq5Nd.jpg (90.6 KiB) Viewed 1127 times

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Sorry brother, the MIB forced me to...
    Attachments
    Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg (50.82 KiB) Viewed 1127 times
    Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg (65.49 KiB) Viewed 1127 times

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Well do you trust this person??????????????????

It Appears 'X-Files' Star Gillian Anderson Hated the Season 11 Finale, Too

"The way that the writers were talking about doing another season, were we to do another season, sounded more like a good ending to me," she continued. "And so when I was asked to do another season, I agreed to do another season. It never occurred to me, nor was it discussed or suggested, that it was that we were starting a new series."

So not only did she stick around in hopes of a better ending only to be left disappointed, but it sounds like Carter wasn't entirely honest with her about his vision for the revival.

Either way, Gillian said in the same panel that "it’s time for me to hang up Scully’s hat."

"I’m finished, and that’s the end of that,” she added, and her fans are so with her.

http://toofab.com/2018/03/23/x-files-gi ... 11-finale/
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• What a crying shame that the closing chapter of the X-files with Scully and Mulder had to end on such a shitty finale. It was absolutely terrible. I do appreciate the head's up as I went into it with low expectations and thank God for that.

Feels like XLIX all over again! It got really good and at the very end they shit the bed.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• As I said. I was probably being generous with the C plus rating. :(
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• I want to believe.

:greetingsearthling:

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I told you guys...show sucks without Vince Gilligan and what ever other key writers they had back in the original run....its why none of Carter's other shows have ever taken off.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Just watched the finale and was also disappointed. The last 2 seasons episodes have only been half good imo. I think it's time to close the book forever on the x files or try one more movie to close it out right. Duchovny can go back to red shoe diaries and there is still time for Pillehi to do Shocker part 2.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:I told you guys...show sucks without Vince Gilligan and what ever other key writers they had back in the original run....its why none of Carter's other shows have ever taken off.

I hear ya but they found their mojo this past season midway through. There were legitimately a few episodes that were just as good as any I have seen, and I have seen them all.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• They still doing monster of the week type episodes or is it all canon story stuff?
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• That's what I consider walking a very fine line of genius and stupidity. Guess which one worked out?

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• I finally finished watching all nine seasons of the original X-Files again. God, the season nine finale sucked hard. I'm trying not to view any spoilers because I haven't watched 10 or 11 yet and I'm about to start, but is the season 11 finale as bad as the season nine one?
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Yes.

For as visionary as Chris Carter has been in many ways with this series, he certainly has shit the bed at the most inopportune times as well. Ugh.

With momentum on your side leading up to the finale, how do you not MAKE SURE the finale is EPIC?!?!

To put it in Seahawks terms it was the equivalent of the final play of XLIX.

:pukeface:

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Well, that sucks; but at least I have low expectations, now. :(
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Hole smokes, the weight gain on David Duchovny is not a good look. Some people can still look fine with another 30 or 40 pounds, but not him.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Yeah he looks really heavy earlier (for him) in the season but he seemed to trim down as the season wore on...

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I just finished season one. It was decent - and yeah, he did slim down some by the end of the season. That's good. First couple eps were just like, wow, lol.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Ugh. That was a crappy show finale. However, I'd rank it well above season nine's...that was possibly the worst piece of crap show finale I've ever seen in my life, and season 11's was nowhere near that bad.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• PROOF aliens and Seahawks go together!!!

<<Maniacal Laughter>>
    Attachments
    s.jpg
    s.jpg (164.1 KiB) Viewed 792 times

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• That's probably you, Todd. :)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Dammit! ;)

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Fox is shutting down The X-Files — for now at least. In a conference call with reporters early Monday, network co-chairman and CEO Gary Newman revealed that “there are no plans to do another season at the moment.” His remarks come two months after the conclusion of the show’s 11th season, which leading lady Gillian Anderson previously announced would be her last.

"In January, Anderson elaborated on her decision to bid Scully adieu, explaining that “there are lots of things that I want to do in my life and career. It’s been an extraordinary opportunity. I’m extremely grateful. [But] I don’t want to be tied down to doing one thing for months and months… I like to be challenged as an actor. That’s why I got into this business. And it’s time for me to hang up Scully’s hat. This is it for me — I’m really serious.”

Hard-core X-Files fans know there have been no real endings on the show.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• What a bitch.

...I'm referring to Carter for never giving us an ending despite the show "ending" TWICE, not Gillian Anderson.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:What a bitch.

...I'm referring to Carter for never giving us an ending despite the show "ending" TWICE, not Gillian Anderson.

Yeah man he really screwed the pooch...TWICE!!

He had an epic second chance and freakin' blew it. (we need an alien pukeface emoji).

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Waiting for David to come back in a Wheel chair like Raymond Burr in IRONSIDE and do his thing next, they just want to perpetuate things and not have closure. Does not make for good TV, they could have had a classic, now it's a also ran.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Does that set come with the series finale we all deserved versus the shitfest they put out there? :smilingalien:

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:Does that set come with the series finale we all deserved versus the shitfest they put out there? :smilingalien:

Well, the third time's supposed to be the charm...first two endings were shite, as Peaches would say.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:52 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information