As seen on TV.

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
As seen on TV.
Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:31 pm
  • Have you ever bought one of these products?

Any of them either really GOOD, or really BAD?

Although I didn't buy from the TV, I did buy some "flex seal" a while back.
    I used it on a leaky rain gutter above my front door. So far it's worked as advertised.

I also dipped some tool handles in the left overs.
    Neither applications have been in use very long so the jury is still out.
    I'll reserve final judgment.

Do you have any "as seen on TV" product stories to tell?
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: As seen on TV.
Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:39 pm
  • My wife got me a stuffed burger maker, works slick! Cream Cheese and Jalapeno is my favorite!
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:56 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:Have you ever bought one of these products?

Any of them either really GOOD, or really BAD?

I used it on a leaky rain gutter above my front door. So far it's worked as advertised.

Do you have any "as seen on TV" product stories to tell?

That flexseal will work with MULTIPLE applications. I put some on a water jug for the mountains and it lasted about 3 weeks then leaked again. Could not apply it to the inside as we drink that stuff. This stuff has been around since I was a kid too. We used to make wire flowers with it back in the day. It is an Elastomeric which is used on some roofing applications.

potato chip sealer. Everything has to be perfect on the bag to seal it properly. No extra creases and sometimes it does not work. I got one still.

I want to try one of those waist belt pouch things. I think it seems to be a great idea for storage and easy to get off for airports. I could use that and a fanny pack for most of my important things I want to keep handy.

Some of those things say second one free just pay extra shipping which actually doubles the price anyway. Keep an eye on that scam.

Bed bath and Beyond has some of them advertised items in their stores. A store called BiMart has some of that stuff here too.
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    RLKats..."Scott M. Made the niners good helped build the Hawks a bit (current GM is a bad ass). Quote me." So I did.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:19 pm
  • MyPillow. The wife and I use ours every night for years now and love them.

http://www.mypillow.com/

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:22 pm
  • Going to the drug store such as Rite Aide and Bartells or even Walmart I see a Aisle or a place with As Seen on TV stuff, don't have to pay the shipping and a lot of that stuff is there and you can actually look at it.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:39 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Going to the drug store such as Rite Aide and Bartells or even Walmart I see a Aisle or a place with As Seen on TV stuff, don't have to pay the shipping and a lot of that stuff is there and you can actually look at it.

That's how I bought the flex seal.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:27 am
  • Thought I would throw in that I purchased the hot hands gloves for use in ovens and camping. And they work. I picked up a pan from the oven that was 450 and had no worries.

Also picked up a tater/veggie peeler julieenner and am curious if it will do what I want it to. Bought it for peeling acorn squash, but that wont work. Will still go with the old method of sharp knife and steady hands. Now if I can only find some steady hands...he he he.
    RLKats..."Scott M. Made the niners good helped build the Hawks a bit (current GM is a bad ass). Quote me." So I did.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:37 am
  • Aros wrote:MyPillow. The wife and I use ours every night for years now and love them.

Yep, I've had one for several years now and it hasn't gone flat yet.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:17 pm
  • As a mater of fact I have bought a couple of items from an "as seen on TV" aisle at BiMart.

I Hightly Recomend: Paid $9.95 for a pair of the yellow lens night/low light sun glasses. Works great for driving on tree lined and mountain roads where light transitions from sunshine to shadow and back again. Provides excellent contrast on cloudy days and nights. Brightens my mood on dreary dark days. Helps a lot with nighttime headlight glare. I now keep a pair of these driving glasses in the center console of every vehicle I maintain. I highly recommend ... particularly for older eyes. In addition to the aviator style, there is also a clip on version for prescription glasses.

Called Night View NV. Link to web sight promotion >>> https://www.getnightview.com/?MID=5010994
    Last edited by Jville on Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:20 pm
  • We actually have an As Seen On TV store in our mall.

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:23 pm
  • Jville wrote:As a mater of fact I have bought a couple of items from an "as seen on TV" aisle at BiMart.

I Hightly Recomend: Paid $9.95 for a pair of the yellow lens night/low light sun glasses. Works great for driving on tree lined and mountain roads where light transitions from sunshine to shadow and back again. Provides excellent contrast on cloudy days and nights. Brightens my mood on dreary dark days. Helps a lot with nighttime headlight glare. I now keep a pair of these driving glasses in the center console of every vehicle I maintain. I highly recommend ... particularly for older eyes. In addition to the aviator style, there is also a clip on version for prescription glasses.

Called Night View NV. Link to web sight promotion >>> https://www.getnightview.com/?MID=5010994

I tried some of the safety yellow lens colored glasses from Norco that a friend of mine acquired for me for Skiing. I liked them and for mountain biking which I do a lot less now. I have a pair of transition lens glasses that I had to wear because my backup glasses and the backup to the backup glasses frames broke on me. One lens left and has come back so that pair can be repaired. The primary backup glasses are in good form now too.

I shall get a pair of the clipon over my glasses for that purpose at night. I have clipon over glasses shades too for just in case we have great weather and I need to do something outside.

One more thing on the transition lenses that darken when you are outside, I am starting to get dizzy wearing them. I dont know if it is me or my eyes are messing up. Could be a change in equalibrium due to the focus on my eyes trying to adjust to what the glasses are doing. I dont know. But with clear frames, not an issue.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:28 pm
  • Shake Weight

I've never been happier
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:55 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Shake Weight

I've never been happier

Video, or it never happened:{)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:36 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    Aros wrote:MyPillow. The wife and I use ours every night for years now and love them.

Yep, I've had one for several years now and it hasn't gone flat yet.

You guys sure you're not talking about this pillow?

"The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:45 pm
  • Flex seal and gorilla grill mats.....they both work well. I use the grill mats on my small camping grill. I don't have to drag along a heavy griddle for pancakes and eggs and such.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:43 pm
  • Tonight, millions of people will rest their heads on a pillow that's been promoted as the last pillow you'll ever buy. But, the makers of "MyPillow" just agreed to pay more than a million dollars to settle a lawsuit over deceptive marketing.

Pumped up sales pitches from founder Mike Lindell have helped rack up hundreds of millions in MyPillow sales. But, Consumer advocates at truthinadvertising.org launched an investigation over some of the claims. So did consumer protection officials in California. The allegations include misleading marketing and inappropriate health claims with no reliable scientific evidence.

http://komonews.com/news/consumer/mypil ... ing-claims
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:00 am
  • KitsapGuy wrote:Tonight, millions of people will rest their heads on a pillow that's been promoted as the last pillow you'll ever buy. But, the makers of "MyPillow" just agreed to pay more than a million dollars to settle a lawsuit over deceptive marketing.

Pumped up sales pitches from founder Mike Lindell have helped rack up hundreds of millions in MyPillow sales. But, Consumer advocates at truthinadvertising.org launched an investigation over some of the claims. So did consumer protection officials in California. The allegations include misleading marketing and inappropriate health claims with no reliable scientific evidence.

http://komonews.com/news/consumer/mypil ... ing-claims

Don't care. It's still the best pillow I've owned.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:31 pm
  • - The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has revoked the accreditation of Minnesota-based MyPillow, lowering its rating to an F based on a pattern of complaints by consumers.

The BBB made the decision after reviewing Chaska-based MyPillow's "buy one get one free" offer, which violates the organization's code of advertising.

“Among other issues, BBB has attempted to persuade MyPillow to discontinue their "buy one get one free” (BOGO)/other discount offers without success,” said Dana Badgerow, president and CEO of BBB of Minnesota and North Dakota. “Continuous BOGO offers, which can then be construed as an item's regular, everyday price, violate not only BBB’s Code of Advertising - which all BBB Accredited Businesses agree to abide by - but also other state and national organizations’ rules.”

http://www.king5.com/money/bbb-revokes- ... /381388223
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:45 pm
  • My mother in law got me one of these last Christmas. I've only had to use it once, and it worked fine.

https://www.tryminimax.com/?mid=7611722
    Formula for success: Rise early, Work hard, repeat.
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:40 pm
  • KitsapGuy must be mighty disappointed with his MyPillow.

I guess he should have slept on the offer first...
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:51 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:KitsapGuy must be mighty disappointed with his MyPillow.

I guess he should have slept on the offer first...

Nope. Never tried one.

I just hate people who deceive other people for their own gain. He was asked to stop certain practices and chose not to.
    He seems like a nice guy. But a lot of con artists are that way. :141847_bnono:
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:53 am
  • My wife ordered a set of MyPillow.

For us we found them to be too fluffy for sleeping on. We sent them back, but the 2 small pillows (they let us keep) work perfect for stretching exercises on the floor.

For sleeping we got some really nice memory foam pillows from Costco which we love.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:35 pm
  • I used Foot Angel compression sleeves for about 8 months as I worked through a case of Plantar Fasciitis. They helped with the daily aches and pain associated with the condition. There are other brands available out there, but bought them at Walgreens one day pretty cheap and they worked so I stuck with them.

"Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:57 am
  • Pasta Boat. Works great for spaghetti.

Go Hawks,
    BillA
    The Spirit within me salutes the Spirit in you
    Go Hawks!
    Bill Assumpcao
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:22 am
  • Bill Assumpcao wrote:Pasta Boat. Works great for spaghetti.

Go Hawks,
    BillA

I got one of these a few years back....have used it one or 2 times.

I wonder what that vegisketti maker would be like. I suppose I could use a grater and see if that works. They also make a peeler that can be modified to be made into a mouli like unit. That did not work that well.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:08 pm
  • We've been using a Gotham Steel no-stick pan for a few months now, the one with the copper colored finish, and it's worked pretty well. Eggs can still be a bit tricky but clean up is a breeze and for $20 I can't complain.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:41 pm
  • HAWKAMANIA wrote:We've been using a Gotham Steel no-stick pan for a few months now, the one with the copper colored finish, and it's worked pretty well. Eggs can still be a bit tricky but clean up is a breeze and for $20 I can't complain.

I got one of the green ones that were the same type and they have sticky problems. But I am ok with it. Clean up is easy. EGGYs are precoat thing that is a waste of time. I think I shall just toss them after I use them one time for boiling. I do have some double egg poachers that are kinda nice...and use them once in a while. I also have some egg omelet trays that were used extensively in the past. I may keep them for vacations and let my mind run with them while in motels.

Remember that everything I type is with my cats approval. Cept for that one time....at band camp.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:30 pm
  • How about these blasts from the pasts:
    Attachments
    pocketfisherman.jpeg
    Pocket Fisherman
    pocketfisherman.jpeg (8.37 KiB) Viewed 379 times
    pattistacker.jpeg
    Patti-Stacker
    pattistacker.jpeg (4.86 KiB) Viewed 379 times
    Palmegranite
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:05 pm
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    HAWKAMANIA wrote:We've been using a Gotham Steel no-stick pan for a few months now, the one with the copper colored finish, and it's worked pretty well. Eggs can still be a bit tricky but clean up is a breeze and for $20 I can't complain.

I got one of the green ones that were the same type and they have sticky problems. But I am ok with it. Clean up is easy. EGGYs are precoat thing that is a waste of time. I think I shall just toss them after I use them one time for boiling. I do have some double egg poachers that are kinda nice...and use them once in a while. I also have some egg omelet trays that were used extensively in the past. I may keep them for vacations and let my mind run with them while in motels.

Remember that everything I type is with my cats approval. Cept for that one time....at band camp.

Are these the Eggy things you're talking about? if so I've used them and they worked fine mostly, it was just too much hassle to crack an egg, pour it in the plastic container, tighten the lid, and then hope that seal could withstand the boiling water which on some would leak in and the egg would leak out. I'd use them to make deviled eggs occasionally but if I just wanted a hard boiled egg it was quicker to do it the old fashioned way. They weren't organizer freak friendly either, they didn't stack well and took up too much space.

After rambling about them now I'm glad I got rid of them. :D
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:12 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:Have you ever bought one of these products?

I have read too much Stephen King. I immediately imagined it has never rained at your place since you used the flex seal, and that your arms now end in bleached and shriveled stumps, just above your wrists. ;)
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:50 am
  • HAWKAMANIA wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    HAWKAMANIA wrote:We've been using a Gotham Steel no-stick pan for a few months now, the one with the copper colored finish, and it's worked pretty well. Eggs can still be a bit tricky but clean up is a breeze and for $20 I can't complain.

Are these the Eggy things you're talking about? if so I've used them and they worked fine mostly, it was just too much hassle to crack an egg, pour it in the plastic container, tighten the lid, and then hope that seal could withstand the boiling water which on some would leak in and the egg would leak out. I'd use them to make deviled eggs occasionally but if I just wanted a hard boiled egg it was quicker to do it the old fashioned way. They weren't organizer freak friendly either, they didn't stack well and took up too much space.

After rambling about them now I'm glad I got rid of them. :D

Eggzactly.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:54 am
  • Not in recent memory.

But a neighbor bought one of the Chuck Norris workout machines once. Broke the 2nd or 3rd time he used it.
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:13 am
  • Anyone remember Weird Al's ode to Ron Popeil in the form of a B-52's pastiche?

"But wait, there's more! It's not sold in any store!"

edit: The song was apparently about Samuel Popeil, Ron's dad. Learn sumthin' new every day.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:01 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information