Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Walking Dead season 7 *** SPOILERS (some people.. geez)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I've sorta stopped watching the show at this point, 4a was good, 5 had some good stretches, I just don't like how much filler there is. I'd much rather this show was a tight 10 episode season but since AMC owns it, they'll bleed it for as much as they can. The dialogue is horrendous at times too, they seriously could use some better writers.

I knew what was coming for the premiere since they had that lame cliffhanger for season 6 so I wanted to see it. Of course they wait 15 minutes to show who it happened to, stuff in as many commercials as possible.

Overall, that scene was well done. I liked how close they stayed to the comics for part of it and once again, the VFX and costume designers are top notch. The rest? Meh, Jeffrey Dean Morgan was great, perfect casting. So many close ups of stunned Rick, hammering home the 'you're no longer in charge' mantra. I can already tell they'll milk this first half of the season with filler, random zombie kills, and Negan taunting them. (If it takes all of season 7 to get to 'All Out War' from the comics I hope they cancel it)

Anyone else watch?
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Re: Walking Dead season 7
Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:27 am
  • mistaowen wrote:I've sorta stopped watching the show at this point, 4a was good, 5 had some good stretches, I just don't like how much filler there is. I'd much rather this show was a tight 10 episode season but since AMC owns it, they'll bleed it for as much as they can. The dialogue is horrendous at times too, they seriously could use some better writers.

I knew what was coming for the premiere since they had that lame cliffhanger for season 6 so I wanted to see it. Of course they wait 15 minutes to show who it happened to, stuff in as many commercials as possible.

Overall, that scene was well done. I liked how close they stayed to the comics for part of it and once again, the VFX and costume designers are top notch. The rest? Meh, Jeffrey Dean Morgan was great, perfect casting. So many close ups of stunned Rick, hammering home the 'you're no longer in charge' mantra. I can already tell they'll milk this first half of the season with filler, random zombie kills, and Negan taunting them. (If it takes all of season 7 to get to 'All Out War' from the comics I hope they cancel it)

Anyone else watch?

Started to watch it after the OT game, came in the middle and realized Reading the forum on the game was much more interesting and never felt the need to watch the beginning
    Last edited by Bobblehead on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:29 am
  • I skipped right over Season 6 for the most part but tuned in. I had a pretty good feel for what was coming so I wasn't completely caught off guard.

That said, the scene itself was well done, and alot more violent than I wouldve suspected. If the rest of the season goes this way (and why not, you've got too factions of people that are downright nasty) it could end up being that the zombies themselves are just fillers of the Lord of the Flies premise that I think the show is founded on (not reading the comics ever)
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:39 am
  • I just watched the new episode. That was almost too much. I don't consider myself squeamish but there was a point where I wanted to turn it off haha. Just disturbing.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:13 pm
  • That was by far the most nauseous, heart wrenching episode ever. Disturbing is being kind.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:18 pm
  • The whole Glen death was heart retching, there is going to be a few episodes of foder and Rick getting his Mojo back, Carol and Morgan to the rescue I am thinking, Morgan turning into the Darth Sith and Carol getting Angry will infuse Rick again.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:36 pm
  • I wonder if Ezekiel makes his appearance? I saw the sneak preview on The Talking Dead and they show Carol in a wheelchair being pushed by Morgan who says "This is The Kingdom"(another settlement?).
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:48 pm
  • wish Carl took a bat to the head too...oh well maybe next season...
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:19 pm
  • I'm not particularly invested in any of the characters, and none of the violence/gore in this show has ever really bothered before, but there was just something about this. It was too real. I don't like how it made me feel haha.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:49 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:wish Carl took a bat to the head too...oh well maybe next season...

I wish they all took a bat to the head and they started the series over following Negan's group. The characters have become stale.

And they need to put that Talking Dead show out of its misery. My girlfriend watches it and it is absolutely unbearable. I think it has skewed my opinion on the show itself seeing how full of themselves most of the actors are. Hardwick starting the show off ensuring the viewers that everyone (meaning the actors who died) were all OK...give me a break.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:01 pm
  • Dude when Hardwick came in with the preview for Talking Dead about 3/4 through the show he looked like hell. He looked like how I felt after watching Negan go to work with Lucille. Do we know how far in advance he sees the show? Is he watching it the same time we are?
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:09 pm
  • Yeah, it was a brutal episode but they neeeded to kill off some dead wood, and as much as I liked the 2 they killed off, their characters have run the course. Sure they could have killed off some of the secondary characters like the Eugene, Gabriel, or any of the Alexandrians, but no one would have cared.

The thing I wish they did was have killed Glen off at the dumpster when they should have.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:17 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:wish Carl took a bat to the head too...oh well maybe next season...

I wish they all took a bat to the head and they started the series over following Negan's group. The characters have become stale.

And they need to put that Talking Dead show out of its misery. My girlfriend watches it and it is absolutely unbearable. I think it has skewed my opinion on the show itself seeing how full of themselves most of the actors are. Hardwick starting the show off ensuring the viewers that everyone (meaning the actors who died) were all OK...give me a break.

Outside of your first sentence I agree with most of what you posted.
    You and I view it as just a show, others it's an obsession.

While I enjoy some of the insights on Talking, Hardwick and the show take itself too seriously.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:59 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:wish Carl took a bat to the head too...oh well maybe next season...

Outside of your first sentence I agree with most of what you posted.
    You and I view it as just a show, others it's an obsession.

While I enjoy some of the insights on Talking, Hardwick and the show take itself too seriously.

Oh, I get obsession. There are several shows I have been obsessed with, but I've never needed reassuring that an actor was "really OK" after a character dies on a show. They essentially eulogize the actors on the Talking Dead. There was a thread on here a couple years back now, I think, talking about someone who didn't go into work the next day because they were so distressed about what happened on a TV show. That is the height of pathetic, and that is the demographic Talking Dead is pandering to.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:30 am
  • Seahwkgal wrote:I wonder if Ezekiel makes his appearance? I saw the sneak preview on The Talking Dead and they show Carol in a wheelchair being pushed by Morgan who says "This is The Kingdom"(another settlement?).

He's coming in the next episode. Pretty sure the whole of season 7 will be the battle between his group and Negan. Who knows with Rick.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:58 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:Yeah, it was a brutal episode but they neeeded to kill off some dead wood, and as much as I liked the 2 they killed off, their characters have run the course. Sure they could have killed off some of the secondary characters like the Eugene, Gabriel, or any of the Alexandrians, but no one would have cared.

The thing I wish they did was have killed Glen off at the dumpster when they should have.

Glen was actually killed the exact way we saw in the comics, so they are following some of the original story lines.
    I am not as fussy/picky as some. I still immensely enjoy the show, so I still watch. If I was going to bitch about it all the time, I would just stop watching it. It's simple, actually. I love the show-I still watch.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• 2 questions:

How come people can't talk about a thing without giving up spoilers?

Why would anybody trying to avoid spoilers click on a link on the internet about the thing they don't want spoiled?

That is all for now. I'll report back with my findings.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Said Walking dead season 7 in the title, you have to expect that people are talking about the One episode aired the night before.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Said Walking dead season 7 in the title, you have to expect that people are talking about the One episode aired the night before.

Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• SHIVA!!!!
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• So tall Lurch Bitch flipped because Rick wouldn't do the nasty with her, that was the better offer she got?

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• That whole part of the episode was just absurd. Actually, the Heapsters in general were absurd. What's with their talking?

But the war is on...

Does this series ever move the groups out of the area or start moving soceity forward again? Anyone read the comics?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:That whole part of the episode was just absurd. Actually, the Heapsters in general were absurd. What's with their talking?

But the war is on...

Does this series ever move the groups out of the area or start moving soceity forward again? Anyone read the comics?

Thinking the society's are trying to do just that, but due to the Turf wars happening nobody can look bigger picture. I would think it would take time to socially re construct a environment that was safe with no real law and everyone pretty much using strength be it weapons, size of group or technology to have an upper hand, resources are running out and there will have to be a look soon at long term.

People are starting to plant and create food supplies now, organization for a area or a large community takes cooperation, the series has shown they have tried to set up trade, but that kind of fell apart with the arrival of Negan.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Largent80 wrote::lol: ...People still watch zombie shit?...Really??

Has become more interesting then Largent shit in a bowl :)

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• It hasn't been about zombies for a while now (since the prison maybe?) At this point, they are just part of the environment like alligators in Florida, unless it's a massive horde of them written in for part of the plot.

I think Heapster Queen was setting them up from the get-go, but that's really lazy writing for the sake of audience surprise that we never saw her deal with Negan (how long ago?) and agree to the terms to sell out Rick. And his deal was somehow 'better'? 12 people? Alexandria is potatoes in terms of personnel compared to Sanctuary, Rick could have given her 10x that. The whole heapster group is stupid and pointless and I hope Rick executes them all and feeds the remains to Shiva.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• Still with all the information that Negan has I think there is a snitch on the inside of Ricks group.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote::lol: ...People still watch zombie shit?...Really??

Why is there corn and peanuts in that shit, I haven't eaten either in months.

I honestly don't even know why I'm still watching Walking Dead, it hasn't been good or compelling in years. I actually laughed out loud a couple times during the finale on Sunday.

I understand that the comics also aimlessly meander and go on forever, but that doesn't mean the writers can't give us a more concisely formed show that doesn't just have this group wander from area to area fighting new a-holes every season.

The problem is Walking Dead is AMC's cash cow, so they're in no hurry to flesh together a cohesive plot line that has a beginning, middle and end. So this is what we get, a stretched out mess that has no finish line, because AMC doesn't ever want it to finish.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote::lol: ...People still watch zombie shit?...Really??

Why is there corn and peanuts in that shit, I haven't eaten either in months.

I honestly don't even know why I'm still watching Walking Dead, it hasn't been good or compelling in years. I actually laughed out loud a couple times during the finale on Sunday.

I understand that the comics also aimlessly meander and go on forever, but that doesn't mean the writers can't give us a more concisely formed show that doesn't just have this group wander from area to area fighting new a-holes every season.

The problem is Walking Dead is AMC's cash cow, so they're in no hurry to flesh together a cohesive plot line that has a beginning, middle and end. So this is what we get, a stretched out mess that has no finish line, because AMC doesn't ever want it to finish.

Aye, this was an entire season of filler. All it did was: (1) Rick loses his leadership mojo once again (2) Negan is mean and leans when he talks (3) sort of grow the surrounding colonies (4) fight back, again

Show needs a fundamental change behind the scenes and that includes AMC to stop milking it for everything they can. 10 episode seasons, no more mid-season finales, overhauled writing staff. I'd be fine if they started to move away from the comics entirely but with the current staff I doubt that'll happen - they've already said they have seasons planned out years ahead.

At least Scott Gimple is saying 'this next season is gonna blow everyone away!' like he does every year. So I'm sure we can expect a pretty good season opener, filler, filler, full episode on random side character, filler, mid-season finale that is half filler, 90 minutes to double commercials, and a cliff hanger.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• mistaowen wrote:
    Aye, this was an entire season of filler. All it did was: (1) Rick loses his leadership mojo once again (2) Negan is mean and leans when he talks (3) sort of grow the surrounding colonies (4) fight back, again

Show needs a fundamental change behind the scenes and that includes AMC to stop milking it for everything they can. 10 episode seasons, no more mid-season finales, overhauled writing staff. I'd be fine if they started to move away from the comics entirely but with the current staff I doubt that'll happen - they've already said they have seasons planned out years ahead.

At least Scott Gimple is saying 'this next season is gonna blow everyone away!' like he does every year. So I'm sure we can expect a pretty good season opener, filler, filler, full episode on random side character, filler, mid-season finale that is half filler, 90 minutes to double commercials, and a cliff hanger.

Bingo.

Gimple also promised that there would be no cliffhanger with this finale, yet there Negan is, alive and well planning for war! ..........just wait til next season!

I not only laughed when zombie Sasha popped out of the coffin, but I also laughed out loud when there were 500 guns going off and yet everyone's running straight at Rick and Carl not hitting them with AK-47's.........AFTER their entire group had guns held to their heads, and somehow managed to turn around and shoot the betrayers.

The whole thing is just laughable. But I'll keep watching I guess. Reminds me of Lost, when you've invested this much time in a show it's hard to just stop, you hope there will be a payoff.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• It's still better than most of the other garbage on TV. :229031_shrug:
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Do you think the idea of a "cure", or a real government, or some other larger plot device may be introduced at some point?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:Do you think the idea of a "cure", or a real government, or some other larger plot device may be introduced at some point?

This is what went away a good 3-4 seasons ago.

What happened to the entire main plot? Here we are 7 seasons in and the writers just abandoned why the outbreak happened and everything surrounding Rick and the rest of the Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated Gang trying to solve/cure that.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• I like the show, but they need to pick up the pace. Need to start killing
    Off the stale characters, and Rick is one of those, but that won't happen.

At least the actor that plays Negan is a huge Hawks fan in real life. :2thumbs:

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Do you think the idea of a "cure", or a real government, or some other larger plot device may be introduced at some point?

What happened to the entire main plot? Here we are 7 seasons in and the writers just abandoned why the outbreak happened and everything surrounding Rick and the rest of the Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated Gang trying to solve/cure that.

That's what I'm saying... even the cure thing wasn't really a plot device. And honestly, no government survived this outbreak?

These characters are just stuck in place.

Apparently Season 8 will be after a massive time jump of atleast 2 years, maybe more.

Maybe in that time people have grown tired of sitting in one place brutalizing each other and are ready to see if any part of the "world" actually survived.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Do you think the idea of a "cure", or a real government, or some other larger plot device may be introduced at some point?

That's what I'm saying... even the cure thing wasn't really a plot device. And honestly, no government survived this outbreak?

These characters are just stuck in place.

Apparently Season 8 will be after a massive time jump of atleast 2 years, maybe more.

Maybe in that time people have grown tired of sitting in one place brutalizing each other and are ready to see if any part of the "world" actually survived.

That's funny you bring that up, because "FEAR the walking dead" kind of does that.
    Its basically LA to inside of Mexico along the coast. The show may not be as good as the original but it has had some interesting twists.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Quick bump in case anyone else caught midseason finale (lol) last night.

I think I'm officially done with this show unless they overhaul the writing staff and bring in a new show runner. I already don't really watch it but still kinda check in just cause of the comics. Almost nothing new has happened since start of season 7 (especially since start of season 8, literally back to where they were 8 episodes ago with some cheesy B-movie action...apparently they aren't worried about bullets anymore), and the plot has really stalled since season 6. Just so much filler.

Plus, the cliffhanger death of a character last night made sense if he wanted to leave the show for personal reasons but now it sounds like it was a choice by Gimple, and really kills a lot of good upcoming stories. Even if it's a fake out (doesn't sound like it), that's just another cliffhanger to trick viewers and is lazy writing. Show could have been so much more, now it's buzzfeed 'you'll never guess who dies at the midseason finale!!! it'll blow you away!!"

I just want a new staff to come in and set a target date to give it a proper ending. Maybe let Darabont come finish the story (just kidding he's still in the midst of suing AMC, along with the actual creator of it)
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• I agree it's been underwhelming...glad they killed off Carl. It's been about 3 seasons coming now. Not everything has to be the same as the comic. This season has been terribly slow and boring. Not sure how much longer it will go.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:56 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information