Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Making a New Year's Eve playlist....GAH!!!

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Since I don't want to play DJ for our New Year's Eve party, I am spending all day making a playlist on my Ipod for our event.
    I am considering the guests....
    Couple #1) Wife likes 80's, funk, rock(Zep, Joplin)-Husband likes Classic rock, 80's rock.
    Couple #2) Wife likes R&B, Hip-Hop, Classic Rock-Husband likes hippy type of Classic rock(Floyd, The Doors, etc)
    Couple #3) Wife likes Country and occasionally some 80s music-Husband loves Country and occasionally(very little) classic rock
    Couple #4) Wife likes Heavy Rock, R&B, Hip Hop, Pop, Classic Rock and tolerates some country-Husband Loves Country, Classic Rock, and tolerates whatever makes the women dance. lol

    Single guests.
    Guy) Classic Rock
    Gal) Heavy Rock and Classic Rock

    There might be more coming but, for now this is the guest list.
    So....My dilemma is that I know 3 women will want to dance and boogie a little so I have to throw in some dance-able stuff but for the most part, the group seems to be fine with classic rock and 80's music, except for the yee-haw people. :laugh:
    My husband is kinda,sorta like that except he listens to a lot of different genre's too. The problem I foresee is that he seems to want to cater to his buddy, who is the all-country dude. Sigh.. Don't get me wrong, I love the couple in question-great people but there are so many different people and preferences coming over that I just want to keep everyone happy. There will be more people here that DO NOT like country so there is that. I will include a couple tunes in the playlist but I WILL NOT overwhelm everyone else.

    I just don't want to be running to the ipod skipping songs all night or someone else with their greasy hands all over it doing the same thing..
    I am thinking that I should hide the ipod so nobody know where it is. :laugh:
    User avatar
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 4546
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm


  • Suggestion?

    Go to Youtube....play one of the songs you are considering and then check out the right sidebar of suggestions. Pick one of the suggestions and then look again. Do this about 5 times for each genre. There is a converter for free if you want to go there too. That should give you a multilisting of what you should enjoy for the evening. I have a zune and do that sometimes with my playlist just to Shake It UP (The Cars).


    Good luck lady and Happy New Year.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7210
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


  • I love being DJ, some of my friends and family would say I love it a little too much.

    I'm usually the one hijacking the sound system...............but in the end with a lot of people you're never going to make everyone happy. There's always the anti rap or hip hop guy, and the chick who has to hear Katy Perry.

    Not sure how old you are, but it's hard to go wrong with 70's and 80's music. Anyone over the age of 30 likes those two decades, cause in the end people just want to hear songs they know.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12285
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • We are all around 50 so we grew up in the 80's. Personally, my sister, myself and 2 other gals could go without hearing ANY yee-haw but I threw a couple on the playlist anyways.
    I just don't want the ipod to get hi-jacked nor do I want to spend all night changing music.
    The playlist I got going is mostly 70' and 80's rock with occasional disco and pop songs of that era thrown in for measure. As far as newer stuff goes, I threw in some Bruno Mars cause most of the ladies minus one do like him a lot. When it comes to hip hop, really only myself and my sister could listen to a lot of those tunes. "Turn Down For What?!!!" :laugh:
    I will refrain from the hip hop to keep the crowd happy though.
    I did sneak one new Prince song(smooth ass X's and O's) and Anderson Paak(Am I Wrong)- This shit is groovin...Screw what people think- It's my party. Hahaha....(It is only 2 songs though)
    User avatar
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 4546
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm


  • Seahwkgal wrote:We are all around 50 so we grew up in the 80's. Personally, my sister, myself and 2 other gals could go without hearing ANY yee-haw but I threw a couple on the playlist anyways.
    I just don't want the ipod to get hi-jacked nor do I want to spend all night changing music.
    The playlist I got going is mostly 70' and 80's rock with occasional disco and pop songs of that era thrown in for measure. As far as newer stuff goes, I threw in some Bruno Mars cause most of the ladies minus one do like him a lot. When it comes to hip hop, really only myself and my sister could listen to a lot of those tunes. "Turn Down For What?!!!" :laugh:
    I will refrain from the hip hop to keep the crowd happy though.
    I did sneak one new Prince song(smooth ass X's and O's) and Anderson Paak(Am I Wrong)- This shit is groovin...to hell what people think- It's my party and I will do what I want to, do what I want to...Its only true cause it happened to you..... Hahaha....(It is only 2 songs though)



    Fi Fy....and changed a word in your point.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7210
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.



  • My New Year's Eve playlist is called "I'm on pager duty." :(
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 30962
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Bothell, WA


  • Largent80 wrote:What about one of all the musicians we lost this year?

    I have that one on another playlist. It's called RIP 2016. Bowie, Prince, Frey, Vanity, Phife Dawg(A Tribe Called Quest), Nick Menza(Megadeath), Maurice White, Peter Burns(Dead or Alive), Haggard. It's a weird mix but they did makes some epic music.
    Shit, I made a HUGE Prince/Prince Inspired playlist that I call "The Purple Yoda". It's gigantic, I have that much of the Minneapolis sound. I am still heartbroken that he is dead.
    Last edited by Seahwkgal on Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 4546
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm


  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:We are all around 50 so we grew up in the 80's. Personally, my sister, myself and 2 other gals could go without hearing ANY yee-haw but I threw a couple on the playlist anyways.
    I just don't want the ipod to get hi-jacked nor do I want to spend all night changing music.
    The playlist I got going is mostly 70' and 80's rock with occasional disco and pop songs of that era thrown in for measure. As far as newer stuff goes, I threw in some Bruno Mars cause most of the ladies minus one do like him a lot. When it comes to hip hop, really only myself and my sister could listen to a lot of those tunes. "Turn Down For What?!!!" :laugh:
    I will refrain from the hip hop to keep the crowd happy though.
    I did sneak one new Prince song(smooth ass X's and O's) and Anderson Paak(Am I Wrong)- This shit is groovin...to hell what people think- It's my party and I will do what I want to, do what I want to...Its only true cause it happened to you..... Hahaha....(It is only 2 songs though)



    Fi Fy....and changed a word in your point.
    HaHaHa!!
    User avatar
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 4546
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm


  • Seahwkgal wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:What about one of all the musicians we lost this year?

    I have that one on another playlist. It's called RIP 2016. Bowie, Prince, Frey, Vanity, Phife Dawg(A Tribe Called Quest), Nick Menza(Megadeath), Maurice White, Peter Burns(Dead or Alive), Haggard. It's a weird mix but they did makes some epic music.
    Shit, I made a HUGE Prince/Prince Inspired playlist that I call "The Purple Yoda". It's gigantic, I have that much of the Minneapolis sound. I am still heartbroken that he is dead.


    Bowie was the biggest loss by far for me.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


  • Well, How did it go lady? SeaFans wanna know...we are not the Enquirer after all. LOL
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7210
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


  • Seahwkgal wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:What about one of all the musicians we lost this year?

    I have that one on another playlist. It's called RIP 2016. Bowie, Prince, Frey, Vanity, Phife Dawg(A Tribe Called Quest), Nick Menza(Megadeath), Maurice White, Peter Burns(Dead or Alive), Haggard. It's a weird mix but they did makes some epic music.
    Shit, I made a HUGE Prince/Prince Inspired playlist that I call "The Purple Yoda". It's gigantic, I have that much of the Minneapolis sound. I am still heartbroken that he is dead.


    "Who's ready to listen to artists who died and be bummed out.................HAPPY NEW YEAR!"
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12285
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Yeah, SeahwkGal - how did it go? :)
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 254
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia


  • It went very well. No complaints and I didn't have to skip one song. :)
    User avatar
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 4546
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm




It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests