Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

You Win 2016, We Give Up

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
You Win 2016, We Give Up
Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:45 am
  • Carrie Fisher died

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/27/movie ... .html?_r=0

Too many deaths, holy moly.........and young too. I mean, I know people like Fisher, Bowie, Prince and Michael weren't the picture of health. But 69? 60? 53? Good lord, too damn young.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Re: You Win 2016, We Give Up
Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:49 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Carrie Fisher died

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/27/movie ... .html?_r=0

Too many deaths, holy moly.........and young too. I mean, I know people like Fisher, Bowie, Prince and Michael weren't the picture of health. But 69? 60? 53? Good lord, too damn young.

Add comedian Garry Shandling.
    capncrunch
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:40 am
  • Bowie was not young to me. Still sad. Damnit, 2016- You can kiss my ass!!!
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:54 am
  • Seahwkgal wrote:Bowie was not young to me. Still sad. Damnit, 2016- You can kiss my ass!!!

69 isn't old...........I guess it is for a chain smoking rockstar that partied for two decades straight.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:57 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:Bowie was not young to me. Still sad. Damnit, 2016- You can kiss my ass!!!

69 isn't old...........I guess it is for a chain smoking rockstar that partied for two decades straight.

Speaking of; How the hell is Keith Richards still alive? That dude has to have a deal with the devil, I swear.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:59 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:Bowie was not young to me. Still sad. Damnit, 2016- You can kiss my ass!!!

Speaking of; How the hell is Keith Richards still alive? That dude has to have a deal with the devil, I swear.

Richards is pickled from the inside...........pretty sure the only thing that's keeping him alive is the drugs and nicotine.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:50 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

He is death.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:13 pm
  • We lost an icon with her gone. It'll be interesting to see how the Star Wars franchise treats her death. I'm guessing we could very well see at least cameo appearances from her in the rest of the series, at least flashbacks, and probably unreleased footage of new stuff.

She had a sense of humor, too:

"The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:32 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:We lost an icon with her gone. It'll be interesting to see how the Star Wars franchise treats her death. I'm guessing we could very well see at least cameo appearances from her in the rest of the series, at least flashbacks, and probably unreleased footage of new stuff.

I assume Leia had more scenes in the next two films, so it will be interesting how they handle this.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:35 pm
  • They will write it down, maybe CGI her in and use voice overs and cut aways so you don't see her talking etc.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:15 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:We lost an icon with her gone. It'll be interesting to see how the Star Wars franchise treats her death. I'm guessing we could very well see at least cameo appearances from her in the rest of the series, at least flashbacks, and probably unreleased footage of new stuff.

I assume Leia had more scenes in the next two films, so it will be interesting how they handle this.

They've already finished principal filming of Ep. VIII, so they won't have to do much there. It will be interesting to see what changes they have to make to Ep. IX, though.

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:25 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

He is death.

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:26 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:We lost an icon with her gone. It'll be interesting to see how the Star Wars franchise treats her death. I'm guessing we could very well see at least cameo appearances from her in the rest of the series, at least flashbacks, and probably unreleased footage of new stuff.

They've already finished principal filming of Ep. VIII, so they won't have to do much there. It will be interesting to see what changes they have to make to Ep. IX, though.

Let's just pray that Hamill isn't next on the hit list.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:27 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

He is death.

:laugh:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:56 pm
  • Is it somehow more significant if lots of celebrities die between the months of January and Decemeber than if they died during a different 12 month span? Remember, the "new year" is just a random spot in the Earth's orbit around the sun.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:13 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:Is it somehow more significant if lots of celebrities die between the months of January and Decemeber than if they died during a different 12 month span? Remember, the "new year" is just a random spot in the Earth's orbit around the sun.

Yes, when an inordinate number of beloved stars and musicians die in the same calendar year it feels worse than normal years......especially at a young age.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:28 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:Is it somehow more significant if lots of celebrities die between the months of January and Decemeber than if they died during a different 12 month span? Remember, the "new year" is just a random spot in the Earth's orbit around the sun.

Yes, when an inordinate number of beloved stars and musicians die in the same calendar year it feels worse than normal years......especially at a young age.

I tend to focus on how many people die between June - May. To me, it's more significant.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:45 pm
  • Carrie Fisher's mother, Debbie Reynolds, just passed away, one day after her daughter. She was 84.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:21 am
  • You want to put 2016 deaths in perspective? Here you go.

"The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:23 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:You want to put 2016 deaths in perspective? Here you go.

Yeah but he didn't write Heroes or help blow up the death star.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information