The Crown - Netflix

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
The Crown - Netflix
Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:16 pm
  • Anyone check this out yet? My wife and I just started watching, really well done.

It's centered around Queen Elizabeth's life in the 40's and 50's as she entered her 20's and became Queen. The production and cinematography is off the charts amazing. Netflix ain't messin' around with their original programming. So well done.

Anyway, if you and your lady friend enjoyed Downton Abbey, you'll like The Crown. It's not as sensationalistic as Downton, plays more like a historical biopic.............but so far it hasn't dragged or seemed dull. Just a really well done show.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Re: The Crown - Netflix
Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:45 pm
  • I've heard really good things about it, doubt I'll watch as it isn't really my type of show.

On a side note, Netflix is doing a great job with their shows. Is it me, or does it seem like they are releasing new shows every few weeks?
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:33 pm
  • They've been doing a really good job with their Netflix Originals.

I just started watching The OA (came out middle of December) and through three episodes it's one of the most intriguing shows I've ever watched. I still don't know what the hell the series is actually about, to be honest.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:04 pm
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:They've been doing a really good job with their Netflix Originals.

I just started watching The OA (came out middle of December) and through three episodes it's one of the most intriguing shows I've ever watched. I still don't know what the hell the series is actually about, to be honest.

I just finished it. The pilot was amazingly good. The finale was a big letdown IMO. Overall it is a good show and I've always been fairly interested in the stuff they are talking about. Brit Marling (the main character) is a great actress, if you like the OA you'd probably enjoy the movie, "The Sound Of My Voice." It stars her and is directed and created by the same guy who made The OA.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:12 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:They've been doing a really good job with their Netflix Originals.

I just finished it. The pilot was amazingly good. The finale was a big letdown IMO. Overall it is a good show and I've always been fairly interested in the stuff they are talking about. Brit Marling (the main character) is a great actress, if you like the OA you'd probably enjoy the movie, "The Sound Of My Voice." It stars her and is directed and created by the same guy who made The OA.

The pilot was definitely one of the best first episodes of any show I've ever watched.

I'm bummed you were let down by the finale. I'm sure it's a self-contained story, but do you think there's room for another season? I remember in the second or third episode the main character says something along the lines of "his story has an end, this is just the beginning for me." I figure it will be much like Stranger Things and some of their other originals where the first season is self-contained, but there's enough of a foundation and unanswered questions to make people really want more of the show.

Thanks for the suggestion on the movie, I'll have to check it out.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:12 am
  • This was really good show. Even my husband enjoyed it. :laugh:
    I personally liked Downton Abbey more and I know my husband wouldn't be caught dead watching that. Thank god, I have Amazon Prime and watched Downton on my computer.
    I initially watched Downton because of the Castle used as the background and outdoor scenes. It is Highclere Castle, and even though they don't show it on the show, home of Highclere Stud. The Queen kept and keeps numerous Thoroughbred racehorses here. Also, I kinda have an obsession about the history of the studs and families that created the fastest horse in the world. A lot of gentry, royalty, estates, castles, etc. I know, I am weird.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:33 am
  • Seahwkgal wrote:This was really good show. Even my husband enjoyed it. :laugh:
    I personally liked Downton Abbey more and I know my husband wouldn't be caught dead watching that. Thank god, I have Amazon Prime and watched Downton on my computer.
    I initially watched Downton because of the Castle used as the background and outdoor scenes. It is Highclere Castle, and even though they don't show it on the show, home of Highclere Stud. The Queen kept and keeps numerous Thoroughbred racehorses here. Also, I kinda have an obsession about the history of the studs and families that created the fastest horse in the world. A lot of gentry, royalty, estates, castles, etc. I know, I am weird.

That's not weird, I think a LOT of people are intrigued and interested in British royalty. Downton was a fantastic show, BBC flat out knows how to create shows............and more importantly knows when the end them.

I've heard mixed reviews on OA. I'll probably check it out, but I've watched 2-3 trailers now and I still can't figure out what it's even about.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:54 am
  • I loved the Crown. I'm a long time Royal watcher. They fascinate me, always have since I was a little girl.

I couldn't get into Downton Abbey.
    dbmack
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:09 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information