Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The Netflix Shows Thread

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The Netflix Shows Thread
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:13 am
  • I'm enjoying Maniac more now, the dream/realization vignettes are vastly more interesting and enjoyable then the main story.

Emma Stone is a force.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:20 pm
  • Just finished Ozark S2. God I love that show. Slow burn, almost annoyingly slow at times but damn, what a show.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:53 am
  • Yeah Ozark was a little slow but a enjoyable. Not sure as good as the first season, but well done.

I enjoyed the first couple episodes of Maniac and then it completely lost me once they started going into the dreams. I gave up on it, just don't think it was for me.

Making A Murderer season 2 comes out in about a week from today.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:07 am
  • Aros wrote:Just finished Ozark S2. God I love that show. Slow burn, almost annoyingly slow at times but damn, what a show.

I don't find Ozark slow, I just lol at the laughable plot bridges to advance the stories. Funniest one of the finale was Marty meeting with the social services manager.

Marty: "We don't want this baby anymore, can we find a family quickly?"

Manager: "We can, but that takes 8-10 weeks, maybe 12."

Marty: "Well.............we need it super quick dude, we're leaving town tomorrow, and btw I've got the perfect match, it's a recently widowed insane lady who everyone that lives in a 200 mile radius knows is shady and dangerous. Oh and she's like 60 years old."

Manager: "Sounds like a perfect match, take the baby right over to her tonight no questions asked!!"
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:18 am
  • Btw, I don't want to give the impression I don't like Ozark. It's a highly well done and entertaining show, I just find the plot holes and devices laughably convenient.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:08 pm
  • Just saw that iron fist was cancelled and season 2 will be the last. Not surprised. It was by far the worst marvel show I’ve seen. I enjoyed some of the characters but Danny Rand was just awful

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:Just saw that iron fist was cancelled and season 2 will be the last. Not surprised. It was by far the worst marvel show I’ve seen. I enjoyed some of the characters but Danny Rand was just awful

It'll be picked up by the Disney streaming service, or Danny Rand will be rolled into Luke Cage.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:23 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:Just saw that iron fist was cancelled and season 2 will be the last. Not surprised. It was by far the worst marvel show I’ve seen. I enjoyed some of the characters but Danny Rand was just awful

It'll be picked up by the Disney streaming service, or Danny Rand will be rolled into Luke Cage.

I doubt the character will totally go away but I’d be surprised to see it continue anywhere as a stand alone show again

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:51 am
  • kidhawk wrote:Just saw that iron fist was cancelled and season 2 will be the last. Not surprised. It was by far the worst marvel show I’ve seen. I enjoyed some of the characters but Danny Rand was just awful

Season 1 of Iron Fist wasn't as good as any of the other Marvel Netflix shows, but season 2 was light years better. Maybe this means we'll get Misty and Colleen in a Daughters Of The Dragon show and Danny can go team up with Luke and we can get a Heroes For Hire show.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:54 pm
  • Just started watching this, and it's great. Apparently it is the remake of an old book. I'm a couple episodes in and it has great acting, storyline, is scary and is well written. Check it out.

Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:34 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information