Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The Netflix Shows Thread

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The Netflix Shows Thread
Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:30 am
  • mistaowen wrote:
    Oh I know, they've been plenty vulgar I just don't think they were okay with a select few words. I don't think any of their shows allowed it until recent seasons (could be wrong - SoA occasionally?). I agree though, it's always been weird to me how cable networks are cool with violence, death, etc but draw the line at words. Censored Negan on TWD.....

I'm definitely with you here. How the hell is it OK to show Negan in full detail bash the hell out of people's skulls, yet a swear word is bleeped out?

Welcome to 'Merica.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:44 am
  • I'm really excited about Iron Fist. A lot of the critics don't like what they've seen so far which makes me want to watch it even more. 6 more days.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:19 pm
  • My husband and I just binge watched this over 2 evenings. I liken it to a very mature R rated Harry Potter. We loved it! BTW, I did not know they could f-bomb on cable TV that is not a premium channel. I have never heard that word on any other cable series on channels not called HBO/Showtime/Cinemax, etc. I guess the f-bombs are allowed on Syfy(Parents be warned).

Yeah I've been DVRing them
    It's getting better all the time
    One of my must watch , favorite shows now.
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:58 am
  • Support a really funny local comedian, check out and give Jo Koy's new comedy special 5 stars. Also because he paid for this entire production out of pocket, I read over 300k without having anyone lined up to purchase. Netflix saw it, and bought it. So good story.

My wife and I were at this taping last summer, really funny.

I also watched both of Chappelle's new specials, really good. Dave's back and just as awesome as ever.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:57 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Support a really funny local comedian, check out and give Jo Koy's new comedy special 5 stars. Also because he paid for this entire production out of pocket, I read over 300k without having anyone lined up to purchase. Netflix saw it, and bought it. So good story.

I also watched both of Chappelle's new specials, really good. Dave's back and just as awesome as ever.

Cool story, I'll check 'em out.

The new Chappelle specials are great. I thought the Texas one was a bit funnier, but both of them are quality. Chappelle is a national treasure.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:22 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Not Netflix, but anybody watching The Young Pope?

I finished watching it a couple of weeks ago. I thought overall it was a great show. Seems like it needed about 4 or 5 more episodes for character development though. Then end came a little to fast for my liking.

Separate note... maybe I missed someone else commenting earlier, but Penny Dreadful is a good one.
    AAR - CJ Prosise RB/WR/??? - Notre Dame
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:30 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Support a really funny local comedian, check out and give Jo Koy's new comedy special 5 stars. Also because he paid for this entire production out of pocket, I read over 300k without having anyone lined up to purchase. Netflix saw it, and bought it. So good story.

I watched it last night and it was great. I totally forgot about Jo Koy, I used to watch him way back in the day.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:50 pm
  • Not in any particular order, here's the Netflix Originals I love to watch:

The Fall - Gillian Anderson is such an underrated actress. The show may be too slow for some but it's really quality TV.

Orange Is The New Black - Great show. Good character exposition, quarky and funny but poignant at times. Some of the lesbian sex scenes seem a bit forced or gratuitous but overall it's a great series and worth watching.

Black Mirror - Admittedly my review is half-assed...I just started watching the series the other day and have only watched a couple episodes but I am hooked, it's compelling and from what I hear it just gets better and better.

House Of Cards - I am a big Kevin Spacey fan and this vehicle couldn't be better for him. He plays a greasy, southern politician frighteningly well. The best compliment I could pay this series is that my wife and I could care less about political dramas but this show has us riveted. I think this is a great example of art imitating life in Broadway lights. The salacious nature of some of the under current elements and even the relationship between his and his wife's characters captivates an already intriguing story line.

Stranger Things - Oh my, what a fantastic treat! Created to look and feel like an 80's supernatural flick complete with the surprising return of the reclusive Winona Ryder, don't be fooled by the corny packaging. This is a total popcorn-engaging thrill ride. Excellent suspense with attention-to-detail throwbacks to one of the best decades in, well, decades! Binge-worthy.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:00 am
  • It's crazy how many Netflix Originals are dropping each month. Just found a new one, I'm two episodes in and it's pretty good. It's based on a book.

Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:40 am
  • Halfway through Black Mirror's second season now. Absolutely love it. Modern-day Twilight Zone. Some seriously well done episodes. I would highly recommend it.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:31 am
  • Aros wrote:Halfway through Black Mirror's second season now. Absolutely love it. Modern-day Twilight Zone. Some seriously well done episodes. I would highly recommend it.

It's a great show. I think a new season is suppose to drop at some point this year.

White Christmas with Jon Hamm was probably my favorite episode. San Junipero in season three was great, a very different type of episode. Nosedive (the one about social media) in season three is also great because of how many parallels you can draw from it to our society.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:48 pm
  • Yeah White Christmas was fantastic. Each episode seems to use our obsession with social media and/or technology and thrusts its potential dark side in our faces, i.e. "...centered around dark and satirical themes that examine modern society, particularly with regard to the unanticipated consequences of new technologies."

Looking forward to more binge watching tonight!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:28 pm
  • Finished up 13 Reasons Why on Netflix, it was a great series. A few of the middle episodes drag, but the early and late episodes were great.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:14 pm
  • Aros wrote:Not in any particular order, here's the Netflix Originals I love to watch:

The Fall - Gillian Anderson is such an underrated actress. The show may be too slow for some but it's really quality TV.

Orange Is The New Black - Great show. Good character exposition, quarky and funny but poignant at times. Some of the lesbian sex scenes seem a bit forced or gratuitous but overall it's a great series and worth watching.

Black Mirror - Admittedly my review is half-assed...I just started watching the series the other day and have only watched a couple episodes but I am hooked, it's compelling and from what I hear it just gets better and better.

House Of Cards - I am a big Kevin Spacey fan and this vehicle couldn't be better for him. He plays a greasy, southern politician frighteningly well. The best compliment I could pay this series is that my wife and I could care less about political dramas but this show has us riveted. I think this is a great example of art imitating life in Broadway lights. The salacious nature of some of the under current elements and even the relationship between his and his wife's characters captivates an already intriguing story line.

Stranger Things - Oh my, what a fantastic treat! Created to look and feel like an 80's supernatural flick complete with the surprising return of the reclusive Winona Ryder, don't be fooled by the corny packaging. This is a total popcorn-engaging thrill ride. Excellent suspense with attention-to-detail throwbacks to one of the best decades in, well, decades! Binge-worthy.

First time I've ever heard a complaint about lesbian sex scenes.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:32 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Finished up 13 Reasons Why on Netflix, it was a great series. A few of the middle episodes drag, but the early and late episodes were great.

Not too teeny bopper? 13 Reasons looks interesting, but I wasn't sure if it was more of a teenager show.

I just started OA, so far I'm digging it.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:16 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Finished up 13 Reasons Why on Netflix, it was a great series. A few of the middle episodes drag, but the early and late episodes were great.

Not too teeny bopper? 13 Reasons looks interesting, but I wasn't sure if it was more of a teenager show.

I just started OA, so far I'm digging it.

I didn't find it very teeny-bopperish at all. It looks that way because it is about a bunch of high schoolers, but it is more of a mystery. Try the first couple episodes and you will know if it is for you.

The OA is dope. Loved that show. If you are into shows that make you think outside the box, then it's definitely for you. Ending was a bit of a letdown, but maybe you'll like it. Brit Marling is a great actress, she has played similar roles to this before.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:33 pm
  • Reminder: MST3K debuts on Netflix today.

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue May 02, 2017 4:28 pm
  • I'm watching Dear White People. It was previously a movie, but the TV show is much better in my opinion. Probably going to finish up the season tonight.

Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Fri May 05, 2017 4:32 am
  • Netflix just added the second season of The Last Kingdom. The story of a English boy taken from his homeland, raised by the invading Danes and then returns to England. I'll be watching that tonight.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

Fri May 05, 2017 7:58 am
  • HAWKAMANIA wrote:Netflix just added the second season of The Last Kingdom. The story of a English boy taken from his homeland, raised by the invading Danes and then returns to England. I'll be watching that tonight.

Hell yeah, I <3 Netflix!

One of the awesome under the radar shows a couple years ago, was wondering what was up with season 2.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:41 am
  • Season 3 (and last season) of Bloodline just came out this week, really good series if you haven't watched.

Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:12 pm
  • Sense8 has been cancelled. :( I finished binging both seasons last week and thought it was great.

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:32 pm
  • House Of Cards is back. Delicious as usual.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:37 pm
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:58 am
  • Finished season 2 of Last Kingdom yesterday, highly recommended for those of you needing your GOT or Vikings fix.

I love me some BBC, they just know how to make good TV.....on far less of a budget too for most of their shows.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:03 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Finished season 2 of Last Kingdom yesterday, highly recommended for those of you needing your GOT or Vikings fix.

I love me some BBC, they just know how to make good TV.....on far less of a budget too for most of their shows.

Watched episode 1 of Black Mirror last night. Enjoyed it. Excited to see how the premise plays out
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:20 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Finished season 2 of Last Kingdom yesterday, highly recommended for those of you needing your GOT or Vikings fix.

Watched episode 1 of Black Mirror last night. Enjoyed it. Excited to see how the premise plays out

I love Black Mirror, but it's the one show I can't binge watch cause it's so heavy and depressing. Just bums me out, but yes a very well done series, especially if you loved you some Twilight Zone.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:43 am
  • I can't recommend this comedy special enough.

Even calling this a comedy special is a gross insult. This is a comedy special, a one man show, a motivational seminar......and frankly IMO should be shown to kids in every school across the country. It's that emotionally powerful.

I've also never seen a special this slickly produced. From the stage, video screen, sound editing, lighting and timing you'd think you were at a Broadway play.

I'd like you guys to watch this and tell me what you think, cause Hasan blew me away.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:41 pm
  • I don't have Netflix yet, but when the Witcher comes out next year, I'll get it. :)
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:53 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Finished season 2 of Last Kingdom yesterday, highly recommended for those of you needing your GOT or Vikings fix.

Such a good show, I'm waiting on season 4 which I think is on its way. Also, each episode is a different story with its own cast.

My favorites off the top of my head were White Christmas, San Junipero, and Playtest. I think each season gets better as it goes on.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:08 pm
  • So far HoC is sloooooow this season. We're on episode 5 I believe which was the best one yet, but overall...

zzzzzzzzz.....

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:19 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I can't recommend this comedy special enough.

Even calling this a comedy special is a gross insult. This is a comedy special, a one man show, a motivational seminar......and frankly IMO should be shown to kids in every school across the country. It's that emotionally powerful.

I've also never seen a special this slickly produced. From the stage, video screen, sound editing, lighting and timing you'd think you were at a Broadway play.

I'd like you guys to watch this and tell me what you think, cause Hasan blew me away.

I watched it late last night and thought it was great. It was so unique that it is difficult to describe. There is nothing else like it. I would highly recommend everyone to watch it. He did a great job of telling his life story in a comedy set. His entire story was amazing. At times I would forget I was even watching a comedy set because his story would be so intriguing. Great recommendation, I probably would never have watched it if I didn't see your post.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:03 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:I can't recommend this comedy special enough.

I watched it late last night and thought it was great. It was so unique that it is difficult to describe. There is nothing else like it. I would highly recommend everyone to watch it. He did a great job of telling his life story in a comedy set. His entire story was amazing. At times I would forget I was even watching a comedy set because his story would be so intriguing. Great recommendation, I probably would never have watched it if I didn't see your post.

Awesome to hear, glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, this is WAY more than a comedy special, it really belongs on Broadway as a one man show. It has that much depth to it.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:34 am
  • Just finished season 3 of Bloodline, and it's final season.

I highly recommend Bloodline for anyone looking for a quick three season binge series to sink their teeth into. It's dark, and REALLY dark in the final season. The showrunners knew the show wasn't going any further, so they didn't mess around with the last season.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:03 am
  • Probably gonna have to watch this...

fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:51 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:I can't recommend this comedy special enough.

Awesome to hear, glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, this is WAY more than a comedy special, it really belongs on Broadway as a one man show. It has that much depth to it.

Looking forward to change going this one out, thanks for sharing.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:51 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Just finished season 3 of Bloodline, and it's final season.

I highly recommend Bloodline for anyone looking for a quick three season binge series to sink their teeth into. It's dark, and REALLY dark in the final season. The showrunners knew the show wasn't going any further, so they didn't mess around with the last season.

I loved bloodline and surprised it doesnt get more notoriety. Wife loved it too.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:35 pm
  • Watching bloodline right now and about halfway through season 2. Agreed it's a great series...cant see it ending well for anyone....
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:53 pm
  • Anybody watch 13 Reasons Why? As it seems to glorify teen suicide. As heard you have to have a pretty good stomach to watch it.
    Summertime Blues!!
    Passepartout
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:47 am
  • Is there anyone here in Australia who knows if the TV series of Stephen King's "The Mist" is available on Netflix or Stan, please? I had never even heard of it, until yesterday.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:28 am
  • Passepartout wrote:Anybody watch 13 Reasons Why? As it seems to glorify teen suicide. As heard you have to have a pretty good stomach to watch it.

My daughter talked me into 13 Reasons Why, and I thought I'd hate it cause it looked WAY too teeny bopper for me.

But I was pleasantly surprised, I enjoyed it. It's really well done, and it certainly didn't glorify teen suicide. In fact I thought they handled it very well, as well as you can handle an emotionally charged subject matter like suicide.

P.S. It's worth it for us older dudes just for the soundtrack, it's all retro 80's music, kicks much ass.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:26 am
  • Yeah 13 Reasons Why was really good. I know it became a big topic on whether or not kids should watch. You can make a case for it glorifying suicide or showing ways to prevent suicide or identify suicidal behavior. Probably one of my favorite Netflix series.

Watched Okja the other day, I think it's considered one of Netflix's best movies. If you like animals it can be a tough watch.

Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:31 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Watched Okja the other day, I think it's considered one of Netflix's best movies. If you like animals it can be a tough watch.

I was already a big Joon Ho fan before I saw Okja was coming to Netflix, and it didn't disappoint. Not easy making a fully CGI pig the emotional center of a long form movie.

If you liked Okja, check out Snowpiercer, another great Joon Ho movie. Dude knows how to stylize a movie with super interesting sets and visuals.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:14 am
  • Looks good

Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:14 pm
  • Last Chance U is really good.
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:33 am
  • Watched this last night, was really good. We have a lot of movies about depression, drug abuse, etc but really nothing about eating disorders.

Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:24 pm
  • Fall means football season and Stranger Things 2. Screw summer, let's get on with it.

253hawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:42 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information