Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The Netflix Shows Thread

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The Netflix Shows Thread
Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:09 pm
  • I'm halfway through Punisher and I love it. Kid I agree on the Homeland Security woman, its the one character that doesn't seem to fit really.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:57 am
  • Finished up Godless last night, really enjoyed it. Highly recommended for anyone who digs westerns...........and wouldn't be surprised if Jeff Daniels is nominated for an Emmy, he kills it as the bad guy.

If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:59 pm
  • Punisher- Pretty good series overall. But villain is a bit weak imo.
    L.O.B.
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:13 am
  • Finished Season 2 of Stranger Things and agree with the majority. I loved it. Sure there are always nuances to nitpick but overall I thought it was great. Looking forward to S3!

And David, yeah that sucks about House of Cards but I agree with you...S5 was underwhelming as you can clearly tell they are running out of rich plot to keep the Underwoods in power. Just a damn shame about Spacey. Always loved him as an actor.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:42 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Finished up Godless last night, really enjoyed it. Highly recommended for anyone who digs westerns...........and wouldn't be surprised if Jeff Daniels is nominated for an Emmy, he kills it as the bad guy.

I enjoyed it as well, but there was potential for a hilarious line that they missed. Daniels was talking about his trip out west that they set up perfectly to tie into Dumb and Dumber and they didn't take it. Something about making the trip out on the back of his horse, but as he was delivering the line my brother and I looked at each other. I said "moped" and he said "sheepdog" at the same time.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:05 am
  • Black Mirror season 4 coming December 29, 2017. It's such an awesome show.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:48 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Stranger Things and Bloodline are both very good. We haven't started watching the one with Jason Bateman, Ozark, but I heard that's solid too.

Ozark is good, but nowhere near IMO Breaking Bad........which is what most people are comparing it to.

Which I know is unfair, but I do recommend Ozark. Interesting premise and locale.

Just finished Ozark and enjoyed it very much. Looking forward to season 2. Interesting to read others impressions of the show. I didn't like the first episode. I thought they raced through it and almost didn't want to watch the next episode. I liked the story and the characters, but felt they didn't justify and flesh out enough of why things were happening. At the time I said Vince Gilligan would have made 3 episodes out of it and I would have been good with that.

Had a few issues with the ending but won't discuss in mixed company.
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:25 am
  • StoneCold wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Stranger Things and Bloodline are both very good. We haven't started watching the one with Jason Bateman, Ozark, but I heard that's solid too.

Ozark is good, but nowhere near IMO Breaking Bad........which is what most people are comparing it to.

Which I know is unfair, but I do recommend Ozark. Interesting premise and locale.

Just finished Ozark and enjoyed it very much. Looking forward to season 2. Interesting to read others impressions of the show. I didn't like the first episode. I thought they raced through it and almost didn't want to watch the next episode. I liked the story and the characters, but felt they didn't justify and flesh out enough of why things were happening. At the time I said Vince Gilligan would have made 3 episodes out of it and I would have been good with that.

Had a few issues with the ending but won't discuss in mixed company.

Yep, Ozark suffers from some lazy plot devices and ham fisted writing. To get to the next plot turn, a LOT of too easy and uncharacteristic things happened..............for no other reason then they didn't know how to advance the story.

Still enjoyed Ozark, but it's nowhere near the insane writing of Gilligan and Breaking Bad.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:34 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Aros wrote:Yeah Defenders is okay. Enjoyable enough but something is missing. I am currently watching Limitless. Enjoyable show. I assume it's not a Netflix Original though as it has a mainstream network feel to it. Still good.

I did not enjoy Defenders very much, thought the writing was super lazy and contrived, like they were just going through the motions. I much prefer the stand alone character series. I don't care if they do another season.

I would like to recommend Atypical though, REALLY good new series. Reminds me of the John Hugh's movies, some very honest, clever and funny writing.........which is hard to find these days. Not easy to write honest dialogue between teenager to teenager, and teenager to parent. Great cast, highly recommended, great for the wifey and kids too (older kids).

Just started this last night, I'm enjoying it.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:40 am
  • Me and the wife enjoyed 'Paranoid'.

It's an 8 part UK crime drama that evolves into something much bigger, go check it out!
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:47 am
  • Currently enjoying The Magicians. Good stuff...

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:44 am
  • Anyone watched "Dark" yet?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:20 am
  • Aros wrote:Currently enjoying The Magicians. Good stuff...

Not a Netflix Original, but still a good show.

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Previous

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:25 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information