Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The Netflix Shows Thread

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The Netflix Shows Thread
Wed May 16, 2018 1:21 pm
  • I've gone back to Wild Wild Country. Once I finish that I will give Evil Genius a whirl.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu May 17, 2018 10:52 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Fri May 18, 2018 12:35 am
  • Needless to say I am all over that Bruce. LOL

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri May 18, 2018 7:25 am
  • Aros wrote:Needless to say I am all over that Bruce. LOL

You're a hetero male between the ages of 14-110, you didn't need to tell us this. Anderson as as ex ed teacher in a british dramedy, which means there's hope of boobies? YES.PLEASE.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri May 18, 2018 8:25 am
  • She's always been a looker, dayum.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri May 18, 2018 8:53 am
  • We need a Scully/Gillian Appreciation Thread.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri May 18, 2018 9:16 am
  • Aros wrote:We need a Scully/Gillian Appreciation Thread.

*Approved*

You guys watch The Fall on BBC/Netflix. Great googly moogly Anderson is hot in that, LOTS of tight blouses and skirts.

I recommend the show itself, really good...........but if you're a fan of Anderson, it's a slam dunk must watch.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri May 18, 2018 9:33 am
  • Yep been watching The Fall from the start. Great show. The sultriness underlining her character is a terrific tease. Yowza.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri May 18, 2018 6:56 pm
  • It's not Netflix, but I'd recommend Killing Eve on BBC. It's kind of a fun take on a spy and assasian show but both the female leads are great.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue May 22, 2018 12:53 am
  • Okay I decided to keep going with Lost In Space. It is typical Netflix "Give it a chance" and after drudging through up to the 3rd or 4th episode I finally got to to the rhythm and heartbeat of the show.

It's actually very entertaining. Sure there's cheesy scenes but the acting is actually decent. Love the production, there's clearly money behind this reboot.

A good series to watch with the kiddies if they dig sci-fi. It went from a weak 2 star in the first two episodes for me to a solid 3 stars by episode 6.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun May 27, 2018 12:17 am
  • Just finished Evil Genius. WELL worth the binge. Only 4 episodes. Absolutely stunning. I remember the event (Pizza Bomber from 2003) but only from a surface media level. The story behind it is incredibly compelling, tragic and a mystery still remains. Chalk this one up to "you simply can't make this stuff up."

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun May 27, 2018 11:08 am
  • Evil Genius is next on my list, after I finish trudging through 13 Reasons Why season 2, which is considerably less enjoyable than season 1.

New season of The Toys That Made Us is up. Blasted through that with the quickness.

There's a new doc on Funko, a Snohomish County based toy company that skyrocketed to the big times over the last decade or so. I'm sure some of you are familiar. My sister worked there back when they were just in a little office park in Lynnwood (damn her for quitting that job!), now they've taken over a big block of downtown Everett. Good look at the story of that company and a pretty impressive line-up of celebrities/personalities they got to talk about their products. Worth a watch if you're into that sort of stuff. Making Fun: The Story of Funko
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Sun May 27, 2018 11:24 am
  • Yeah I'm on the fence with the second season of 13 Reasons Why. Is it really that necessary to have a second season? I'm debating between that or Safe.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun May 27, 2018 11:43 am
  • Safe is a really fun watch. Kind of ridiculous but still really engaging and entertaining.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Mon May 28, 2018 8:16 am
  • The Santa Clarita Diet.

It's so wrong and so funny at the same time.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Tue May 29, 2018 7:22 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Yeah I'm on the fence with the second season of 13 Reasons Why. Is it really that necessary to have a second season? I'm debating between that or Safe.

We're four episodes into the 2nd season, and so far it's pretty meh.

13 Reasons was a perfect self contained one season story, I haven't seen any reason to continue the story..........maybe it'll get better idk.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 29, 2018 8:53 am
  • Yeah I am 4 episodes in season 2 of 13 Reasons...Pretty much agree...Don't really see the need for a new season but I don't mind it either.

<SPOILER WARNING>

I think it's silly that they have made her a ghost that can communicate with the main guy.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue May 29, 2018 8:58 am
  • Aros wrote:

<SPOILER>

I think it's silly that they have made her a ghost that can communicate with the main guy.

How else do you incorporate the main character so you can have an unnecessary 2nd season?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 29, 2018 10:08 am
  • True. I would at least ask her if she wouldn't mind taking her clothes off if she insists on hanging around. Good gravy give the poor kid a bone.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue May 29, 2018 10:41 am
  • Aros wrote:True. I would at least ask her if she wouldn't mind taking her clothes off if she insists on hanging around. Good gravy give the poor kid a bone.

We got a couple chick kissing scenes you insatiable pervert.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 29, 2018 10:43 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:We got a couple chick kissing scenes you insatiable pervert.

Clothed. Meh.

;)

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue May 29, 2018 10:53 am
  • Aros wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:We got a couple chick kissing scenes you insatiable pervert.

Clothed. Meh.

;)

Lol, they're in high school! Someone get Aros on the watch dog list, stat.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 29, 2018 10:55 am
  • Wait, they aren't 18? :327321_Spy_23.22:

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue May 29, 2018 10:59 am
  • Aros -You need a App besides Netflix..
    Like Playboy/Hustler or something along those lines :lol:
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 29, 2018 11:36 am
  • This thread turned a little creepy. I'm sure the main girl is of age. Most these characters that are suppose to be HS kids are almost 30.

I can't recommend Killing Eve enough. It's on BBC and they just finished the first season, it's all on demand. It currently sits at 95% on rotten tomatoes. I usually don't like shows like this but it's extremely well done and the characters are great. The female villain is one of the best I've seen on a show, like almost Walter White great.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue May 29, 2018 1:34 pm
  • Killing Eve...I will need to check that out. On Netflix I assume?

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue May 29, 2018 1:49 pm
  • Aros wrote:Killing Eve...I will need to check that out. On Netflix I assume?

I believe it's a BBC America show. It's only finished the first season, so I'm not sure about streaming. You can watch it on the BBC America site but you have to log in with your cable provider credentials to do so.

I would assume it'll be available to stream on one of the services soon (if it's not already, but I haven't seen it yet so I am not sure on that)

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue May 29, 2018 2:16 pm
  • Good to know, thanks David!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:39 am
  • Finished the Evil Genius doc last night. Not sure how I don't remember this story, but it's freakin' nuts, highly recommended. Short six episodes too, but very compelling.

Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:35 am
  • That's how I felt too. How did I forget about this when it happened? Definitely binge-worthy.

House of Cards is coming back for one final season towards the end of the year. Will be interesting how they kill off Spacey's character.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:40 am
  • Aros wrote:House of Cards is coming back for one final season towards the end of the year. Will be interesting how they kill off Spacey's character.

I saw that Robin Wright posted an ominous picture online of herself with bloody hands. I am thinking that is a bit of foreshadowing her being responsible for Frank's demise. Of course it could just be a false flag, but I'm going with her being responsible.

As for the show itself, I think it's really run it's course. The last season kind of fell down from the previous seasons. I think I'm ready for this one to be over.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:19 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:I saw that Robin Wright posted an ominous picture online of herself with bloody hands. I am thinking that is a bit of foreshadowing her being responsible for Frank's demise. Of course it could just be a false flag, but I'm going with her being responsible.

As for the show itself, I think it's really run it's course. The last season kind of fell down from the previous seasons. I think I'm ready for this one to be over.

Agreed on all accounts. It would make sense that she murders him in some fashion or another. I just wonder what his actual last scenes will be or if they will have to resort to CGI to digitally add him in scenes.

The last season felt stale to us. Nowhere near as strong as the first two seasons. I agree that it's run its course. It was fun while it lasted.

Switching series...

Just finished the second season of 13 Reasons Why. It's actually very good. Wasn't sure where they were going with it midway through but the writing and acting is strong. The final episode of course leaves it open for a potential third season which is probably likely.

Definitely NOT for kids under 16. Some scenes are pretty raw and graphic. We don't let our 12-year-old daughter watch that's for sure. But there's a lot of realism (I imagine) that kids in High School would definitely relate to.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:13 am
  • As I wait for my favorite Netflix shows to reboot with new seasons/episodes, I was watching an episode of David Letterman's Netflix series where he was interviewing Jay Z. They did a segment on this girl who was recording in a studio where he pops in...

She's beautiful, but then she sang this piece live, right in front of him. She's incredible. Super star in the making. Looks, voice...Everything. She oozes Soul. Love Letterman's reaction after.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:20 am
  • For those who enjoyed "Safe", the same guy who did that one also has a series for SKY TV in the UK called "The Five" which is on Netflix as well. It's quite a bit along the same style. I am only a few episodes into the show but it's definitely got a similar vibe.

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:03 pm
  • Sense 8 series finale is now available as of today for those who are interested.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:37 am
  • I've been watching The Staircase, which is similar to Making A Murderer. It's slower paced as they really go in-depth. At first I thought it was a bit of a drag, but it really picks up in the middle. Hoping to have it finished within the next couple days.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:05 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:I've been watching The Staircase, which is similar to Making A Murderer. It's slower paced as they really go in-depth. At first I thought it was a bit of a drag, but it really picks up in the middle. Hoping to have it finished within the next couple days.

This has been a pretty cool show, not finished yet but so far so good
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:26 pm
  • Anybody checked out Kiss Me First yet? Only one episode in so far but I think it's gonna be badass. Lots of potential here.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:44 am
  • Season 2 of Glow came out on Friday. If you're a fan of the 80s, or wrestling, or Alison Brie, or Marc Maron, I highly recommend it.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:49 am
  • m0ng0 wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:I've been watching The Staircase, which is similar to Making A Murderer. It's slower paced as they really go in-depth. At first I thought it was a bit of a drag, but it really picks up in the middle. Hoping to have it finished within the next couple days.

You are in for a ride. Not as good as Making A Murderer IMO, but still a great watch. Curious what you think of the series and whether you thought he was guilty or innocent.

SeatownJay wrote:Season 2 of Glow came out on Friday. If you're a fan of the 80s, or wrestling, or Alison Brie, or Marc Maron, I highly recommend it.

Just watched the first episode of season 2 last night, it's an awesome show.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:53 am
  • Almost through Luke Cage Season 2. Very well done so far. Like most of the Marvel series there are some slow parts but I like it overall. If you have watched the other Marvel shows you will probably like it.
    drcool
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:54 am
  • I'm digging Safe, although it's super weird and distracting listening to Michael C. Hall's British accent.

It has a Taken vibe to it, and like most brit shows, always well acted, written and paced.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:36 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:I've been watching The Staircase, which is similar to Making A Murderer. It's slower paced as they really go in-depth. At first I thought it was a bit of a drag, but it really picks up in the middle. Hoping to have it finished within the next couple days.

Hawk-Lock wrote:You are in for a ride. Not as good as Making A Murderer IMO, but still a great watch. Curious what you think of the series and whether you thought he was guilty or innocent.

My gut tells me he is innocent, I have just reached the buildup to a new trial, however my wife just came home from a trip so we are going to start over and watch together, 3 episodes left and it looks like there are still surprises to come...I like the way the film was made and was fascinated by the legal aspects from both sides, what is important and what is not, how the information is perceived and absorbed by the jury, what happens when the media gets involved, really really interesting, I just never quite grasped how big of a show these big cases really are and how little the truth seems to matter.
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:02 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:

Hawk-Lock wrote:You are in for a ride. Not as good as Making A Murderer IMO, but still a great watch. Curious what you think of the series and whether you thought he was guilty or innocent.

My gut tells me he is innocent, I have just reached the buildup to a new trial, however my wife just came home from a trip so we are going to start over and watch together, 3 episodes left and it looks like there are still surprises to come...I like the way the film was made and was fascinated by the legal aspects from both sides, what is important and what is not, how the information is perceived and absorbed by the jury, what happens when the media gets involved, really really interesting, I just never quite grasped how big of a show these big cases really are and how little the truth seems to matter.

I felt he was innocent too, but these documentaries usually only show one side of the story. Same with Making A Murderer. Someone told me that originally they were going to make this series from both sides (prosecution and defense) but the prosecution decided not to. That would have been interesting.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:02 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I'm digging Safe, although it's super weird and distracting listening to Michael C. Hall's British accent.

It has a Taken vibe to it, and like most brit shows, always well acted, written and paced.

Pretty much my take on it as well. Very entertaining show overall, if a bit far fetched and convenient, and yeah... British Dexter.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:10 pm
  • So this show Kiss Me First I'm finding very intriguing. It's like a cross between a modern British drama (both Safe and Requiem come to mind), Ready Player One, and an episode of Black Mirror. With a teenage angsty vibe to it, almost reminiscent of like The End of The F***ng world, minus the humor. But with it's own darkness to it, and it feels like it could get darker. It's only 6 episodes and I'm only 2 in so far. And hot girls. And nudity.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:37 pm
  • Wished that Netflix had on shows besides Making of a Murderer or Evil Genius. But really shows the viewpoint of the victims and not glorifying the killers. As maybe they can think up "Point of View of the Victim's Families."
    [i]Time for Christmas!![/u]
    Passepartout
    NET Rookie

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:14 pm
  • Passepartout wrote:Wished that Netflix had on shows besides Making of a Murderer or Evil Genius. But really shows the viewpoint of the victims and not glorifying the killers. As maybe they can think up "Point of View of the Victim's Families."

We see that on the News every night.

Or you can watch one of those shows featuring cold cases and true crime and get the actual families and participants in it.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:21 pm
  • Not on Netflix (Hulu) but 11.22.63 is off to a great start.

First two episodes are really intriguing
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:53 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Not on Netflix (Hulu) but 11.22.63 is off to a great start.

First two episodes are really intriguing

Yes, watched it last year on Stan (twice). Very good. The book is wonderful - I've read it four times. BTW, the new Stephen King book "Outsider" is pretty good, too.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:35 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information