Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Netflix (and other) Shows Thread

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: The Netflix Shows Thread
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:09 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:Not Netflix, but I'm really looking forward to The Outsider on HBO. It starts tonight. Jason Bateman and Ben Mendelsohn? Yes please.

I read the book a few months ago. I'm not going to spoil anything but it continues a character's arc from the Mr. Mercedes trilogy.

Well, I don't have a clue who Mr. Mercedes is.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:21 am
  • I've just set my Fox box to record the series of "The Outsider"... I hope.

Mr Mercedes was a (IMHO) superb series on TV. It is a dramatisation (3 seasons of 10 episodes, IIRC) of three Stephen King novels, with the main character being Detective Bill Hodges. The books are:

Mr Mercedes
    Finders, Keepers
    End of Shift

The book "The Outsider" sort-of becomes a fourth in the series. If the TV series is as good as Mr Mercedes, this will be a treat!
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:13 am
  • I watched the first two episodes and it is excellent.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:41 pm
  • Yeah first two episodes were really good. I kind of wish it wasn't Stephen King, only because that sort of makes me expect/assume certain things about where this story might go. But I suppose I trust HBO enough to make it work for me.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:42 am
  • I watched the first two episodes of Messiah and I'm liking it a lot.

Sludging through this second episode of Witcher and I'm really trying to convince myself it's not just an R rated CW show.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:29 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I watched the first two episodes of Messiah and I'm liking it a lot.

Sludging through this second episode of Witcher and I'm really trying to convince myself it's not just an R rated CW show.

I'm now on episode six of Witcher, and these other guys were right, it does get better as the season goes along once the through story arcs move along and become more compelling with Geralt, Yennifer and Ciri, etc.

So stick with it.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:13 am
  • The Outsider is great; just watched the first two episodes.

Wow, great funeral parlour discount (20%) on the 'embalming for two' package... happyhappy joyjoy... :shock:
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:26 pm
  • Don't F**K with Cats was indeed very good. Glad they didn't really show any animal abuse footage per se. Just watched the Hernandez series. There's definitely an undertow of CTE agenda to it, especially as it wraps up but I thought it was a good watch. Incredibly sad for all involved.

Is Schitt's Creek any good? The wife and I started watching and we're on the third episode. Just wondering if it's worth watching all the seasons. It has its moments but I am hoping it evolves.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:18 am
  • https://www.tvguide.com/news/mindhunter-season-3-on-hold-by-netflix-canceled/

If you were holding your breath for Mindhunter Season 3, you might be holding it in vain. The chances of Netflix's creepy serial killer series getting renewed just went way down. TV Guide has now confirmed that the cast, led by Holt McCallany, Anna Torv, and Jonathan Groff, were let out of their contracts in December, which means the future of Mindhunter is up in the air.

Hopefully they can get this back on track and get the main cast of characters back for season 3. This is such a well done show. It's one of only a handful of shows that my wife and I both truly enjoy watching.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:47 am
  • Agree on Outsider, very good.

has a True Detective creepy feel with the procedural story, and I haven't read the book but I assume if it's a King story, it's about to get REALLY weird.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:19 pm
  • Yeah I want to check out The Outsider and the New Aaron Hernandez documentary.

For those who like reality TV that's so bad you can't stop watching, check out The Circe on Netflix. It's really addictive.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:06 pm
  • Just watched “Don’t f*** with cats” and that 3 part documentary was pretty amazing. The way they presented the storyline was really good. A f*** up story really.

Plus I had no clue what it was about and thought it was some weird rule about cat videos. So was kinda shocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12thmanNY
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:36 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I watched the first two episodes of Messiah and I'm liking it a lot.

I watched it and had same thought as you but not sure
    your going to feel the same later.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:57 am
  • Tried to get into the witcher and found it a bit boring though 2 episodes so didnt get back into it.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:32 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Yeah I want to check out The Outsider and the New Aaron Hernandez documentary.

We watched the first two parts of the Hernandez doc last night. Wow, there was so much more going on in Hernandez's life then I knew about.

It's nuts.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:12 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Yeah I want to check out The Outsider and the New Aaron Hernandez documentary.

We watched the first two parts of the Hernandez doc last night. Wow, there was so much more going on in Hernandez's life then I knew about.

It's nuts.

I watched all 3 parts of the Hernandez documentary yesterday, and although I learned a bit more of the details, I thought the show just seemed a little drawn out. I think a single 90 minute show could have gotten all that information across and not been quite so drawn out.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:37 am
  • kidhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Yeah I want to check out The Outsider and the New Aaron Hernandez documentary.

It's nuts.

I watched all 3 parts of the Hernandez documentary yesterday, and although I learned a bit more of the details, I thought the show just seemed a little drawn out. I think a single 90 minute show could have gotten all that information across and not been quite so drawn out.

So far I haven't felt that, but we'll see with the last episode.

My wife kept saying it's tragic, and I don't see that at all. IMO the one football player friend of the victim said it best, Hernandez is just a wanna be thug that thought he was untouchable.

I understand his upbringing with his abusive dad, and maybe there was some CTE stuff going on...........but in the end he was a textbook case of what happens when you take a volatile kid, put him in a program like Florida where everyone's coddled and legal/behavioral issues disappear because you're a football player, and then allow him as a young adult to run with lowlife scum with no structure.

I already hated Urban Meyer, now I hate him even more. He's a corrupt phony that hides behind his fake Christian ideals.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:58 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I understand his upbringing with his abusive dad, and maybe there was some CTE stuff going on...........but in the end he was a textbook case of what happens when you take a volatile kid, put him in a program like Florida where everyone's coddled and legal/behavioral issues disappear because you're a football player, and then allow him as a young adult to run with lowlife scum with no structure.

I already hated Urban Meyer, now I hate him even more. He's a corrupt phony that hides behind his fake Christian ideals.

Nailed it.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:02 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

It's nuts.

So far I haven't felt that, but we'll see with the last episode.

My wife kept saying it's tragic, and I don't see that at all. IMO the one football player friend of the victim said it best, Hernandez is just a wanna be thug that thought he was untouchable.

I understand his upbringing with his abusive dad, and maybe there was some CTE stuff going on...........but in the end he was a textbook case of what happens when you take a volatile kid, put him in a program like Florida where everyone's coddled and legal/behavioral issues disappear because you're a football player, and then allow him as a young adult to run with lowlife scum with no structure.

I think what I felt to be drawing it out was a lot of the stuff that was in there seemingly to give possible reasons (excuses) for Hernandez's behaviors. To me that just seemed like they were trying too hard to make us feel sorry for Hernandez.

I will say that I thought that the football player friend of the victim was probably the most intriguing person in the entire documentary. I think he summed things up pretty well for me.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:37 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    I think what I felt to be drawing it out was a lot of the stuff that was in there seemingly to give possible reasons (excuses) for Hernandez's behaviors. To me that just seemed like they were trying too hard to make us feel sorry for Hernandez. .

It's definitely an uneven doc with this criticism. But most documentarians are doing a disservice if they don't give you all sides to the story, so it's hard to blame them for wanting to show us that while Hernandez is guilty as hell, there were some serious issues with his upbringing, repressed sexuality and maybe CTE that could have contributed to how he acted.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:44 pm
  • I just heard that the author of two previous series on Netflix, The Five and Safe has a new series called The Stranger coming out on January 30. If it’s anywhere close to as good as the other two I’m sure I’ll enjoy it.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:15 pm
  • Yeah the Hernandez documentary was pretty good. Not the best, but a nice watch. For those saying it was drawn out, it was meant to be more of a psychological and sociological look at how his life went the way it did.

I don’t feel bad at all for him, but this documentary showed how certain factors can attribute to who you are.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:23 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    I think what I felt to be drawing it out was a lot of the stuff that was in there seemingly to give possible reasons (excuses) for Hernandez's behaviors. To me that just seemed like they were trying too hard to make us feel sorry for Hernandez. .

It's definitely an uneven doc with this criticism. But most documentarians are doing a disservice if they don't give you all sides to the story, so it's hard to blame them for wanting to show us that while Hernandez is guilty as hell, there were some serious issues with his upbringing, repressed sexuality and maybe CTE that could have contributed to how he acted.

CTE was a contributing factor for sure but not the only reason he decided to murder. I did not know that Aaron liked boys too. I wouldn’t call him hom******* though. Obviously bisexual if you ask me. No matter, what a waste of life on both ends. He had the world in front of him. He just blew it. Sad and tragic. His mom was a piece of work. Wow.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:17 pm
  • To me, it was certainly a combination of the following:

1) His combustive life at home with his abusive father (who he still loved and seeked approval from)
    2) His sexual confusion from an early age
    3) Being thrusted into an environment of no consequences for bad behavior at Florida
    4) Given insane money while still completely immature mentally when he went to the NFL
    5) Becoming paranoid and believing he was being watched and people were out to challenge him which may have been due to CTE

He was not an evil human being but the factors above certainly created a stew that put him where he ended up.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:33 am
  • Aros wrote:To me, it was certainly a combination of the following:

1) His combustive life at home with his abusive father (who he still loved and seeked approval from)
    2) His sexual confusion from an early age
    3) Being thrusted into an environment of no consequences for bad behavior at Florida
    4) Given insane money while still completely immature mentally when he went to the NFL
    5) Becoming paranoid and believing he was being watched and people were out to challenge him which may have been due to CTE

He was not an evil human being but the factors above certainly created a stew that put him where he ended up.

I can go along with pretty much every bit of your list of 5, but the last (highlighted in green) part, I just can't. There are a lot of people who go through rough times growing up, who may go to a Florida State type environment, who don't do the things he did. It takes something that's inside you to be able to do the things that he's done.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:32 pm
  • Been watching Our Planet, it's outstanding.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:03 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Been watching Our Planet, it's outstanding.

It is very good, but too preachy for me. Every episode begins and ends with them telling us we're murdering everything on the planet.

Can't I just enjoy a well made nature docu-series without being beaten over the head with a political message or being made to feel like crap.

Planet Earth > Blue Planet > Our Planet > Marlin Perkins Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:10 pm
  • Yeah, we usually forward thru the beginning and end :lol:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:41 pm
  • I too wish that I could just enjoy the beauty of this planet without being reminded that we're ruining it.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:07 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I too wish that I could just enjoy the beauty of this planet without being reminded that we're ruining it.

Yeah man, lemme just eat my mint chocolate chip ice cream straight out of the plastic carton with a plastic spoon while my thermostat is at 85 degrees with all the windows open and I'm running my generator for no reason whatsoever while ordering a pallet of plastic straws and styrofoam containers on Amazon just to throw in the landfill without even using them first in peace.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:28 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:I too wish that I could just enjoy the beauty of this planet without being reminded that we're ruining it.

Yeah man, lemme just eat my mint chocolate chip ice cream straight out of the plastic carton with a plastic spoon while my thermostat is at 85 degrees with all the windows open and I'm running my generator for no reason whatsoever while ordering a pallet of plastic straws and styrofoam containers on Amazon just to throw in the landfill without even using them first in peace.

I'm gonna equip a family of sumatran orangutans with 5G smart collars and send them to hunt down the last couple white rhinos.

Back on topic, I haven't actually checked Our Planet out yet but I'm definitely looking forward to it.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:57 pm
  • I love it. There's another one that's out (not on Netflix) that looks cool.
    7 worlds, one planet on BBC looks pretty solid too. Looking forward to checking that out.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:05 pm
  • I've always loved nature shows like that but the modern camera lenses and HD TVs just take sh*t to the next level.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:46 pm
  • Finally saw The Irishman. Definitely not Scorsese's best. The de-aging was terrible, as their body language was obviously that of 70 year olds. It was easily an hour longer than it needed to be, and to anyone who thinks it isn't, I'll point out Goodfellas was an HOUR shorter, even while the story was more naturally sprawling. The Irishman was WAY too interested in details that didn't matter, such as characters like Sally Bugs, Joey Gallo, and Chukie O'Brien. Those characters matter very little in the grand scheme of the story, but Scorsese spends WAY too long on their introductions that don't lead anywhere meaningful. Also, why did we spend so much time with Frank just driving silently? Just wasted runtime. Underneath everything, there's a decent story worth telling, but with a younger cast and more liberal editing. You're better off watching Goodfellas or Casino again. This movie reeks of a director who's been reading his own press clippings. 5/10.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:18 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:Finally saw The Irishman. Definitely not Scorsese's best. The de-aging was terrible, as their body language was obviously that of 70 year olds. It was easily an hour longer than it needed to be, and to anyone who thinks it isn't, I'll point out Goodfellas was an HOUR shorter, even while the story was more naturally sprawling. The Irishman was WAY too interested in details that didn't matter, such as characters like Sally Bugs, Joey Gallo, and Chukie O'Brien. Those characters matter very little in the grand scheme of the story, but Scorsese spends WAY too long on their introductions that don't lead anywhere meaningful. Also, why did we spend so much time with Frank just driving silently? Just wasted runtime. Underneath everything, there's a decent story worth telling, but with a younger cast and more liberal editing. You're better off watching Goodfellas or Casino again. This movie reeks of a director who's been reading his own press clippings. 5/10.

Yeah I agree, that cast aged up 20 years ago would have nailed it, although of your interested in the Hoffa story the Mini Series Blood Feud was good with Robert Blake.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:31 am
  • Maulbert wrote:Finally saw The Irishman. Definitely not Scorsese's best. The de-aging was terrible, as their body language was obviously that of 70 year olds. It was easily an hour longer than it needed to be, and to anyone who thinks it isn't, I'll point out Goodfellas was an HOUR shorter, even while the story was more naturally sprawling. The Irishman was WAY too interested in details that didn't matter, such as characters like Sally Bugs, Joey Gallo, and Chukie O'Brien. Those characters matter very little in the grand scheme of the story, but Scorsese spends WAY too long on their introductions that don't lead anywhere meaningful. Also, why did we spend so much time with Frank just driving silently? Just wasted runtime. Underneath everything, there's a decent story worth telling, but with a younger cast and more liberal editing. You're better off watching Goodfellas or Casino again. This movie reeks of a director who's been reading his own press clippings. 5/10.

I enjoyed the Irishman more than you.

This was Scorsese getting the band back together for one more Swan Song, so I appreciated Frank's story and the heart and nostalgia (and eventually remorse) Scorsese tried to inject into an aging mobster.

Of course it's not going to look great when you're asking 70 something actors to look and act 40, I mean the scene with DeNiro beating up the grocery store owner in front of his kid was downright laugh out loud ridiculous and funny.

IMO where Scorsese went wrong was trying to cram the Irishman into a feature length film, it would have been a much better mini-series or one off long form Netflix series.

But as a huge Scorsese fan, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone back together for another mob story, and Scorsese's earned a little leeway with me if he wants to get nostalgic.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:18 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:Finally saw The Irishman. Definitely not Scorsese's best. The de-aging was terrible, as their body language was obviously that of 70 year olds. It was easily an hour longer than it needed to be, and to anyone who thinks it isn't, I'll point out Goodfellas was an HOUR shorter, even while the story was more naturally sprawling. The Irishman was WAY too interested in details that didn't matter, such as characters like Sally Bugs, Joey Gallo, and Chukie O'Brien. Those characters matter very little in the grand scheme of the story, but Scorsese spends WAY too long on their introductions that don't lead anywhere meaningful. Also, why did we spend so much time with Frank just driving silently? Just wasted runtime. Underneath everything, there's a decent story worth telling, but with a younger cast and more liberal editing. You're better off watching Goodfellas or Casino again. This movie reeks of a director who's been reading his own press clippings. 5/10.

This was Scorsese getting the band back together for one more Swan Song, so I appreciated Frank's story and the heart and nostalgia (and eventually remorse) Scorsese tried to inject into an aging mobster.

Of course it's not going to look great when you're asking 70 something actors to look and act 40, I mean the scene with DeNiro beating up the grocery store owner in front of his kid was downright laugh out loud ridiculous and funny.

IMO where Scorsese went wrong was trying to cram the Irishman into a feature length film, it would have been a much better mini-series or one off long form Netflix series.

But as a huge Scorsese fan, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone back together for another mob story, and Scorsese's earned a little leeway with me if he wants to get nostalgic.

Being a huge fan doesn't serve well to cast an unbiased eye. The Irishman is a pale imitation of Scorsese's greatest triumph. It felt like a desperate attempt to prove that style of film hadn't passed him by, and in the process, he missed the mark on the things that made Goodfellas and Casino masterpieces. I don't believe Scorsese is suddenly a bad filmmaker, quite the contrary, I loved both Hugo and The Wolf of Wall Street, however, The Irishman reeks of a vanity project.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:29 pm
  • Just finished the Hernandez one. I enjoyed it. Kind of summed up all the things in his life that may or may not of led to him being a killer. I think he was a narcissistic sociopath. Wasnt aware that he was a suspect on another shooting at the age of 17....I doubt that was cte related. They never really spoke to a known motive on Lloyd. Anyone know of any? Also it is apparent he got off the other murders due the key witness being an unreliable criminal. Not sure if they wanted us to feel sorry for him but I thought it was overall well rounded and a decent watch. Glad we didnt draft him.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:05 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:Finally saw The Irishman. Definitely not Scorsese's best. The de-aging was terrible, as their body language was obviously that of 70 year olds. It was easily an hour longer than it needed to be, and to anyone who thinks it isn't, I'll point out Goodfellas was an HOUR shorter, even while the story was more naturally sprawling. The Irishman was WAY too interested in details that didn't matter, such as characters like Sally Bugs, Joey Gallo, and Chukie O'Brien. Those characters matter very little in the grand scheme of the story, but Scorsese spends WAY too long on their introductions that don't lead anywhere meaningful. Also, why did we spend so much time with Frank just driving silently? Just wasted runtime. Underneath everything, there's a decent story worth telling, but with a younger cast and more liberal editing. You're better off watching Goodfellas or Casino again. This movie reeks of a director who's been reading his own press clippings. 5/10.

Being a huge fan doesn't serve well to cast an unbiased eye. The Irishman is a pale imitation of Scorsese's greatest triumph. It felt like a desperate attempt to prove that style of film hadn't passed him by, and in the process, he missed the mark on the things that made Goodfellas and Casino masterpieces. I don't believe Scorsese is suddenly a bad filmmaker, quite the contrary, I loved both Hugo and The Wolf of Wall Street, however, The Irishman reeks of a vanity project.

Fair enough, but just know that you're in the vast minority. Irishman's currently sitting at 96% (86% audience) on Rotten Tomatoes, and Scorsese, the film and it's actors have been nominated so far for all the award shows, and I assume will also be nominated for Oscars.

Is it Goodfellas? No one's saying that. But also no one other than you is rating it a 5/10. That's harsh, it's a good and sometimes great movie.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:18 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Fair enough, but just know that you're in the vast minority. Irishman's currently sitting at 96% (86% audience) on Rotten Tomatoes, and Scorsese, the film and it's actors have been nominated so far for all the award shows, and I assume will also be nominated for Oscars.

Is it Goodfellas? No one's saying that. But also no one other than you is rating it a 5/10. That's harsh, it's a good and sometimes great movie.

I don't rate films on what they are, I rate them on what they're trying to be. I don't think it's fair to trash a summer blockbuster just for being a summer blockbuster if it succeeds. As such, I feel it's a sliding scale. I believe The Irishman failed at hitting it's lofty target, and I'm not alone, even though I'm in the minority. I truly believe there are a lot of people that are looking past this film's flaws simply because 'Marty Scorsese is getting the band back together!'. It is a far cry from what he is capable of, IMO.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:31 am
  • Narcos Mexico season 2 starts in February. First season was fantastic.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:08 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Narcos Mexico season 2 starts in February. First season was fantastic.

Narcos kicks much ass, one of my favorite shows.

I was nervous that the showrunners wouldn't know where to take it after the Escobar seasons were over, but the Mexico season was every bit as good IMO as the first two.

Plus Teresa Ruiz.

Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:33 am
  • I finished October Faction last night. Better than I expected, even if there are a few plot holes.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:09 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Plus Teresa Ruiz.

You had me at Teresa Ruiz.

Great show...Also, as an aside, I thought The Irishmen was great. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Getting the band back together or not, the only thing that matters is if I am entertained. I was. Will it go down as an all-time classic like Good Fellas? Time will tell but it was a good 3 hours of my time.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:22 pm
  • Just watched Episode 4 of The Outsider. It's fantastic! It's actually on Foxtel here. I've been reading a bit about the actual mythology behind the supernatural elements of the show, which is fascinatingly scary!

I've just got Netflix, and am going to give The Witcher a go later tonight, after the cricket finishes. :)
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:05 pm
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:Just watched Episode 4 of The Outsider. It's fantastic! It's actually on Foxtel here. I've been reading a bit about the actual mythology behind the supernatural elements of the show, which is fascinatingly scary!

I've just got Netflix, and am going to give The Witcher a go later tonight, after the cricket finishes. :)

We've been watching The Outsider and think it's really good too. Love the characters and where the story is going.

Hope you enjoy The Witcher.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:59 pm
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:Just watched Episode 4 of The Outsider. It's fantastic! It's actually on Foxtel here. I've been reading a bit about the actual mythology behind the supernatural elements of the show, which is fascinatingly scary!

It took me 5-6 episodes of the Witcher before I started to enjoy it. I still think it was an overall letdown for the hype it had before release. But there's a lot to work with for the showrunners and writers to improve upon with the second season.

The Outsider is fantastic. So damn creepy and interesting. Holly is quickly becoming one of my favorite TV characters.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:09 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Aussie Seahawk wrote:Just watched Episode 4 of The Outsider. It's fantastic! It's actually on Foxtel here. I've been reading a bit about the actual mythology behind the supernatural elements of the show, which is fascinatingly scary!

It took me 5-6 episodes of the Witcher before I started to enjoy it. I still think it was an overall letdown for the hype it had before release. But there's a lot to work with for the showrunners and writers to improve upon with the second season.

Pretty much how I felt about it. I did certainly get better, and it has some definitely redeeming qualities, but I don't really think I'm going to be highly anticipating season 2.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:50 pm
  • I watched the storms and rain (nearly two blessed inches) and drank homebrew beer all night, so I'll hit The Witcher tonight... after the cricket! Sorry, I think you have to be a bit local to be so euphoric about rain...
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:07 pm
  • 2 episodes of Witcher and I gave up...not sure what the hype is about.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:54 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information