Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Official Title of Stars Wars Episode VIII Revealed

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

  • I like it. Easy to assume this is going to be darker than TFA and the red lettering definitely supports that. Looking forward to getting that first trailer now!
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 19931
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I like it. Easy to assume this is going to be darker than TFA and the red lettering definitely supports that. Looking forward to getting that first trailer now!


    I'm crossing my fingers and breathing heavily that they release a teaser in the next couple weeks.

    Hey I heard there's a big sporting event, the biggest of the year, in 13 days..........
    User avatar
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1336
    Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 am
    Location: Wenatchee


  • JGfromtheNW wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:I like it. Easy to assume this is going to be darker than TFA and the red lettering definitely supports that. Looking forward to getting that first trailer now!


    I'm crossing my fingers and breathing heavily that they release a teaser in the next couple weeks.

    Hey I heard there's a big sporting event, the biggest of the year, in 13 days..........


    That would be pretty badass. I wouldn't count on it though. They keep hinting at an April/Star Wars Celebration release, but I wouldn't be surprised to see something sooner than that. Mark Hamill said he would be dropping a "first look" or something like that on his web series sooner than later. We'll probably get some pretty stingy teaser material before we get an actual trailer. I would imagine.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 19931
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:I like it. Easy to assume this is going to be darker than TFA and the red lettering definitely supports that. Looking forward to getting that first trailer now!


    I'm crossing my fingers and breathing heavily that they release a teaser in the next couple weeks.

    Hey I heard there's a big sporting event, the biggest of the year, in 13 days..........


    That would be pretty badass. I wouldn't count on it though. They keep hinting at an April/Star Wars Celebration release, but I wouldn't be surprised to see something sooner than that. Mark Hamill said he would be dropping a "first look" or something like that on his web series sooner than later. We'll probably get some pretty stingy teaser material before we get an actual trailer. I would imagine.


    The Super Bowl is on Fox this year. Disney owns ABC, and Star Wars. Fox is also pissed that Disney owns Star Wars instead of them. Also, Disney is pissed that Fox still has the film rights to Fantastic Four and the X-Men. There will be no cooperation between them. They're locked in a pissing contest.
    This is becoming far too common for my tastes.

    RIP Cortez Kennedy, 1968-2017

    RIP Sir Roger Moore, 1927-2017
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3131
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: JMC Mining Ship Red Dwarf


  • TFA had its first trailer out a little over a full year before debut, and after only six months of filming. It's been almost a year since the start of filming on TLJ, less than a year away, and no trailer. So it would appear they're doing things differently.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 15065
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:TFA had its first trailer out a little over a full year before debut, and after only six months of filming. It's been almost a year since the start of filming on TLJ, less than a year away, and no trailer. So it would appear they're doing things differently.


    It makes sense, though. Disney definitely wanted to start hyping TFA ASAP, so they released the trailer and title as early as possible. Last year, though, they didn't want to confuse the general public and wanted to make it quite clear that Rogue One was something different, so they avoided pushing Episode VIII in the lead up to Rogue One's release. It really was surprising to me how many people didn’t understand Rogue One wasn't Episode VIII.
    This is becoming far too common for my tastes.

    RIP Cortez Kennedy, 1968-2017

    RIP Sir Roger Moore, 1927-2017
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3131
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: JMC Mining Ship Red Dwarf


  • This is kind of cool. It's crawl generator.

    https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/
    This is becoming far too common for my tastes.

    RIP Cortez Kennedy, 1968-2017

    RIP Sir Roger Moore, 1927-2017
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3131
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: JMC Mining Ship Red Dwarf


  • Maulbert wrote:This is kind of cool. It's crawl generator.

    https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/

    If only the Rogue One director had spent five minutes on that site.

    :lol:

    I'm very much looking forward to VIII, hopefully it's got a more original story than VII did.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 30505
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Bothell, WA


  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:This is kind of cool. It's crawl generator.

    https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/

    If only the Rogue One director had spent five minutes on that site.

    :lol:

    I'm very much looking forward to VIII, hopefully it's got a more original story than VII did.


    Totally agree. While I love TFA for what it is, I will be really bummed if episodes VIII and IX don't take this trilogy in a very different direction than the past ones.
    User avatar
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1336
    Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 am
    Location: Wenatchee


  • JGfromtheNW wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:This is kind of cool. It's crawl generator.

    https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/

    If only the Rogue One director had spent five minutes on that site.

    :lol:

    I'm very much looking forward to VIII, hopefully it's got a more original story than VII did.


    Totally agree. While I love TFA for what it is, I will be really bummed if episodes VIII and IX don't take this trilogy in a very different direction than the past ones.


    I think they will. And I think even VII, despite the obvious similarities, is actually quite different than people like to give it credit for. I think we'll probably get further away from the OT with each new film. Just my guess.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 19931
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North



  • Lol, they should have put that in the film.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 30505
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Bothell, WA


  • 'The Last Jedi' is officially plural.

    http://www.slashfilm.com/the-last-jedi-plural-title/
    This is becoming far too common for my tastes.

    RIP Cortez Kennedy, 1968-2017

    RIP Sir Roger Moore, 1927-2017
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3131
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: JMC Mining Ship Red Dwarf


  • I was expecting:

    "The Empire Strikes Back - Reawakened"
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 30505
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Bothell, WA


  • The Empire Pressed the Snooze Alarm?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 104876
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


  • Image
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 23288
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines


  • Lots of talk about the story from fans everywhere. And I get it....but I swear, the more movies and TV shows I watch, the more I feel like a well thought-out and original story isn't terribly important. It certainly can add to the entertainment value, but IMO it's all about the acting, timing, camera work, music, sound, etc....that's what makes a fantastic product.

    I feel like TFA is proof of that...the story was similar to the original trilogy, but it was still a fantastic movie that I watched 10 times....and I almost never watch a movie more than once.
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6008
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


  • fenderbender123 wrote:Lots of talk about the story from fans everywhere. And I get it....but I swear, the more movies and TV shows I watch, the more I feel like a well thought-out and original story isn't terribly important. It certainly can add to the entertainment value, but IMO it's all about the acting, timing, camera work, music, sound, etc....that's what makes a fantastic product.

    I feel like TFA is proof of that...the story was similar to the original trilogy, but it was still a fantastic movie that I watched 10 times....and I almost never watch a movie more than once.

    I agree with you about original stories not needing to be some important prerequisite for a great film, and I agree with you about what makes a fantastic product.

    I disagree, however, that TFA was an example of that.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 30505
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Bothell, WA


  • fenderbender123 wrote:Lots of talk about the story from fans everywhere. And I get it....but I swear, the more movies and TV shows I watch, the more I feel like a well thought-out and original story isn't terribly important. It certainly can add to the entertainment value, but IMO it's all about the acting, timing, camera work, music, sound, etc....that's what makes a fantastic product.

    I feel like TFA is proof of that...the story was similar to the original trilogy, but it was still a fantastic movie that I watched 10 times....and I almost never watch a movie more than once.


    I'm completely the opposite there. For me, story is king. Story is everything. It's what makes or breaks a movie or book. But a lot of the acting, timing, camera work, music, sound, etc., is part of that story. Timing, especially, is written into the script exactly because it's an integral part of the story.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 23288
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines


  • Per international posters, the Jedi is used as plural, not singular, in this usage.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 104876
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


  • HawkGA wrote:Per international posters, the Jedi is used as plural, not singular, in this usage.


    :sarcasm_on: Because y'know, I TOTALLY didn’t post exactly that 7 posts above your post and yesterday. :sarcasm_off:

    Maulbert wrote:'The Last Jedi' is officially plural.

    http://www.slashfilm.com/the-last-jedi-plural-title/
    This is becoming far too common for my tastes.

    RIP Cortez Kennedy, 1968-2017

    RIP Sir Roger Moore, 1927-2017
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3131
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: JMC Mining Ship Red Dwarf


  • Maulbert wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:Per international posters, the Jedi is used as plural, not singular, in this usage.


    :sarcasm_on: Because y'know, I TOTALLY didn’t post exactly that 7 posts above your post and yesterday. :sarcasm_off:

    Maulbert wrote:'The Last Jedi' is officially plural.

    http://www.slashfilm.com/the-last-jedi-plural-title/


    You know, I was just scrolling down and saw that you posted that. Don't know how I missed that before. Maybe I should just cite you as my source!
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 104876
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


  • AA
    (WENN) — The late Carrie Fisher will make an appearance in "Star Wars: Episode 9," her brother has revealed.

    Todd Fisher and Carrie's daughter, Billie Lourd, have granted Disney the rights to use recent footage Carrie shot before her death in the final film in the sci-fi saga, due out in 2019.

    Todd told the New York Daily News on Friday that unused scenes from "Star Wars: The Last Jedi," set to be released in December, will be used by studio bosses to flesh out Carrie's role as General Leia Organa in "Episode 9."

    His comments confirm much speculation that the late actress will make an appearance beyond the grave in the final film in the sci-fi trilogy.

    Todd said of his and Lourd's decision to let Disney use the footage: "Both of us were like, ‘Yes, how do you take her out of it?’ And the answer is you don't. She’s as much a part of it as anything and I think her presence now is even more powerful than it was, like Obi Wan - when the (light) saber cuts him down he becomes more powerful. I feel like that's what's happened with Carrie. I think the legacy should continue."

    http://komonews.com/news/entertainment/ ... -episode-9
    Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3191
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County




It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests