Big EDF Jet Fun

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Big EDF Jet Fun
Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:12 pm
  • Bought myself a new toy. 105MM EDF F-16 jet. My oh my what a ball. I found a place to fly her as well which I am terribly overjoyed about. White River Amphitheater has a parking lot that is 1,800 feet long. That's oh, about 5 times as long as the parking lot I normally fly at. Oh yeah baby...It's go time. :)

Attachments
    unnamed3.jpg
    unnamed3.jpg (90.07 KiB) Viewed 205 times

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Big EDF Jet Fun
Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:20 pm

Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:50 pm
  • A couple of questions buddy. First, how far can you let the thing fly away and still be good as far as control? Second, how much time can you let it fly? Third, because I cheat too, When you gonna paint it like the Thunderbirds?

Nice run buddy.
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    RLKats..."Scott M. Made the niners good helped build the Hawks a bit (current GM is a bad ass). Quote me." So I did.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:34 pm
  • endzorn, yeah I've seen that footage...It's definitely compelling for sure. Not detectable by radar but caught on infra red camera. There's no doubting the legitimacy of this footage. What they captured? Nobody knows. Definitely intriguing to say the least. My guess is swamp gas or the planet Venus. <<smirk>>

Seahawkfan80, I can fly that jet about 3,000 feet away before I lose radio control. I know, bananas, right? Unfortunately these big jets suck up the battery time in the snap of your fingers. 4 minutes is MAX. This flight was 4 minutes and I was close to exhausting the battery's capacity which could have ended in a very bad day for me. With EDF jets you typically get about 3 whole minutes of flight. That's why you invest in multiple batteries in this hobby.

;)

Finally, Thunderbirds?? Never cared for that livery. I think my Arctic Aggressor livery is MUCH cooler looking if I do say so myself, even though I get a lot of folks dig the Thunderbirds livery.

I just was never one of them. ;)

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:56 am

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:48 am
  • Aros wrote:endzorn, yeah I've seen that footage...It's definitely compelling for sure. Not detectable by radar but caught on infra red camera. There's no doubting the legitimacy of this footage. What they captured? Nobody knows. Definitely intriguing to say the least. My guess is swamp gas or the planet Venus. <<smirk>>

Seahawkfan80, I can fly that jet about 3,000 feet away before I lose radio control. I know, bananas, right? Unfortunately these big jets suck up the battery time in the snap of your fingers. 4 minutes is MAX. This flight was 4 minutes and I was close to exhausting the battery's capacity which could have ended in a very bad day for me. With EDF jets you typically get about 3 whole minutes of flight. That's why you invest in multiple batteries in this hobby.

;)

Finally, Thunderbirds?? Never cared for that livery. I think my Arctic Aggressor livery is MUCH cooler looking if I do say so myself, even though I get a lot of folks dig the Thunderbirds livery.

I just was never one of them. ;)

Great information. Thanks Aros.

On the livery, I was just curious. I kinda like the camo idea myself. I am gonna link this to a friend so he can see what you have. He may like it. He used to work on them jets in the real world...er uh the Matrix. LOL
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    RLKats..."Scott M. Made the niners good helped build the Hawks a bit (current GM is a bad ass). Quote me." So I did.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information