Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Solo: A Star Wars Story

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Solo: A Star Wars Story
Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:13 pm
  • I realize that it's still almost 2 years away, but I saw this, and it didn’t belong in the Rogue One or Episode VIII threads. Anyway:

Two things:

1) This is awesome.

2) I am such a nerd.
    Last edited by Maulbert on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Re: The Han Solo Movie.
Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:27 pm
  • I see Billy Dee Williams but what Mr. Glover are they referring to? Because that guy sure isn't Danny Glover.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:35 pm
  • Josea16 wrote:I see Billy Dee Williams but what Mr. Glover are they referring to? Because that guy sure isn't Danny Glover.

Donald Glover, who will play Lando Calrisian in the movie.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:18 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:I see Billy Dee Williams but what Mr. Glover are they referring to? Because that guy sure isn't Danny Glover.

Donald Glover, who will play Lando Calrisian in the movie.

Cool. Some kind of multiple venue type of performer interesting.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:44 pm
  • There was something a couple weeks ago with the two Hans having lunch...Ford and whatever the kid's name is.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:07 pm
  • Josea16 wrote:I see Billy Dee Williams but what Mr. Glover are they referring to? Because that guy sure isn't Danny Glover.

Danny Glover is too old for this shiz.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:14 pm
  • Msfann wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:I see Billy Dee Williams but what Mr. Glover are they referring to? Because that guy sure isn't Danny Glover.

True but I didn't know about Donald Glover at all even though I have watched some movies and television shows he was in.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:52 pm
  • I'm obviously really looking forward to this one, but I also think this one has the biggest chance of being bad. I love the casting of Donald Glover; he was my first choice and IMO the only guy in Hollywood that can pull off the role. I like Ehrenreich, I'm hopeful he can pull it off. I'm most worried that physically he doesn't really look the part, and I'm hoping that won't take me out of it, but I'm certainly gonna give him a chance to win me over.

Clarke I'm sort of neutral on. Obviously she's beautiful and all that, which is great, and the Thrones connection kind of makes it cool, but I'm a bit worried about her acting ability. But I guess since we don't even know what type of character she's playing I'll hold off on any real pessimism for now.

Harrelson's the wild card IMO. Great actor and I actually feel like his personality totally fits in the Star Wars universe. But it's Woody freaking Harrelson and I'm a little worried that he's just too familiar. But if they write him a good part (Garris Shrike-ish seems like a good place to start) and he pulls it off it could be amazing.

While I am curious to find out more about the back story, find out about Chewie and the life debt, see how the Millennium Falcon came into the picture and changed hands, I really hope they don't go overboard on the easter eggs and references. None of that "Anakin built 3PO" type of BS. It needs to be a good story; it needs to be fun and exciting hopefully even a little dark, though I have my doubts about that last part.

Lastly, I think they should (and I think they will) push it back to a December release, as right now it's slated for a May 2018 release. It just doesn't really make sense to me to have it so soon after The Last Jedi. Plus I'm really liking these Christmas releases, starting to feel a bit like a tradition and I hope they stick with that. Assuming that's the case, we're probably looking at 12/20/17... only 684 more days! Assuming movie theaters are still allowed at that point. ;)
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:51 am
  • Msfann wrote:

Hahaha. Beat me to it.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:42 pm
  • With the commencement of filming on the Han Solo movie yesterday, it appears that Peter Mayhew has officially retired as our favorite walking carpet. This message is from his replacement.

"Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:21 pm
  • After days of speculation, the Oscar-winning filmmaker Ron Howard has signed on to take over as director of Disney and Lucasfilm's untitled standalone Han Solo movie.

The announcement was posted on StarWars.com on Thursday.

The movie's original directors, Phil Lord and Chris Miller ("The Lego Movie"), were reportedly fired this week by Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy over creative differences on the "Star Wars" film.

"At Lucasfilm, we believe the highest goal of each film is to delight, carrying forward the spirit of the saga that George Lucas began forty years ago," Kennedy said in a statement. "With that in mind, we're thrilled to announce that Ron Howard will step in to direct the untitled Han Solo film. We have a wonderful script, an incredible cast and crew, and the absolute commitment to make a great movie. Filming will resume the 10th of July."

http://www.businessinsider.com/ron-howa ... vie-2017-6
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:31 pm
  • I hope it's A Beautiful Mind Ron Howard and not The Grinch Ron Howard.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:35 pm
  • Disney's response to why the change of director happened.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 ... =synd_digg

I don't like that Disney is pushing back on these directors for going too far outside the creative box. Looks like that's what happened with Rogue One as well.

Still turned out to be a good movie, but why not take some creative chances with competent directors on these stand alone movies?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:27 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I hope it's A Beautiful Mind Ron Howard and not The Grinch Ron Howard.

How about Apollo 13 Ron Howard?

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:42 am
  • I'm a little concerned, since both Rogue One and TFA kind of lacked in the traditional "Star Wars feel." Episodes 1-3, for all their faults, still FELT exactly like Star Wars in ways the two new films do not.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:43 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I'm a little concerned, since both Rogue One and TFA kind of lacked in the traditional "Star Wars feel." Episodes 1-3, for all their faults, still FELT exactly like Star Wars in ways the two new films do not.

Episodes 1-3 felt to me like the cinema equivalent of a big flaming hairy dump. Lucas should never be allowed behind a camera lens again.........or in his case behind a computer monitor puking up 2 1/2 hours of CGI nonsense, and passing if off as live action.

I liked both Rogue One and Force Awakens, I just don't like Disney rolling in when a films almost done and "rounding out the edges" to homongenize and Disneyfy these movies to make them softer and more generic. Which is what I hear when I read articles like I posted.

It's why Netflix is KILLING everyone else, they're giving complete control to very talented people, and they're in turn churning out amazing docs, specials, shows and now movies.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:46 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I'm a little concerned, since both Rogue One and TFA kind of lacked in the traditional "Star Wars feel." Episodes 1-3, for all their faults, still FELT exactly like Star Wars in ways the two new films do not.

Episodes 1-3 felt to me like the cinema equivalent of a big flaming hairy dump. Lucas should never be allowed behind a camera lens again.........or in his case behind a computer monitor puking up 2 1/2 hours of CGI nonsense, and passing if off as live action.

I liked both Rogue One and Force Awakens, I just don't like Disney rolling in when a films almost done and "rounding out the edges" to homongenize and Disneyfy these movies to make them softer and more generic. Which is what I hear when I read articles like I posted.

It's why Netflix is KILLING everyone else, they're giving complete control to very talented people, and they're in turn churning out amazing docs, specials, shows and now movies.

To be fair, Rogue One's "everyone dies" ending wasn't exactly Disney kosher.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:50 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I'm a little concerned, since both Rogue One and TFA kind of lacked in the traditional "Star Wars feel." Episodes 1-3, for all their faults, still FELT exactly like Star Wars in ways the two new films do not.

Well they may going Darker, fire everyone at ESPN is also a bit more on Disney's dark side. Just need Snow White to Mow down all the dwarves now with a Mac ten.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:22 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

What I read over the weekend was the directors were taking the Han Solo movie too far into a full blown comedy realm, and Disney didn't like it.

Which could be awesome, cause really that's what Han Solo was, comedy relief. A smart ass.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:57 pm
  • Han Solo movie wraps filming, is officially titled:

http://www.slashfilm.com/han-solo-movie-title/

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:26 pm
  • Some mistakes turn out to be some of the best films, others bomb horribly, re shoots, re casting and then a bunch of clever editing to fix something. Sounds like they were not on top of it from the beginning and when they seen the first run prior to full edit version were not happy. Enter a fixit guy with a great reputation to try and salvage it in Howard.

Solo was a Gunslinger smuggler, cocky and self assured so the smart ass element has to be there, but there also has to be a element of character building to depict his entrance into the Star Wars story as we know it. He was a hunted criminal and someone that had enemies based on his business dealings with bounties on him. Those stories can't be all slap stick comedy.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:49 pm
  • After The Force Awakens and Rogue One, my expectations are a bit tempered. Still looking forward to seeing this, though.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:02 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information