Metallica @ CenturyLink

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Metallica @ CenturyLink
Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:00 pm
  • Just bought our tickets this weekend for the concert in Aug. Man I cannot wait this was #1 on my concert Bucket List. The CLink will be rocking that night. Anyone else going?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Diezel Dawg
    NET Starter

Re: Metallica @ CenturyLink
Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:57 pm
  • I remember them against Napster and even the IDEA of selling music online.

Screw them. They delayed the sale of legitimate DRM-free digital music by at least five years. I'm tempted to try and sneak in just to screw them out of more money. At least steal a t-shirt or something, Diezel.

#NeverForget
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:40 pm
  • I hated them before that Napster shit, my brother played their albums on an endless loop at an ear-bleeding volume.
    "Game over, man! Game over!"

RIP Bill Paxton, 1955-2017
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:21 pm
  • I remember when I was a young kid aspiring to be a musician. For me it was all about the music. Them coming out and saying in short order form that they care more about the money, just drew my ire. I didn't like them much before, but I hated them after that.
    City Of Reign
    NET Starter

Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:45 pm
  • Metallica has put anything out worth listening to since "Master of Puppets". A big yawn for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    90% Disabled Veteran
    100% Love for the USA!
    KPA
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:12 pm
  • Saw them in 1990 in the Kingdome with GNR. Went to see GNR and Metallica blew them off the stage. Axl had the vocal range of a boy going thru puberty that night, horrible. Metallica was much better live than I thought they'd be.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:34 am
  • KPA wrote:Metallica has put anything out worth listening to since "Master of Puppets". A big yawn for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Their new album is ALMOST as good as Master of Puppets. Still, it's hard to get past the way they effed Mustaine over.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Starter

Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:12 am
  • Saw them at the RCA dome in 87 or 88 Monsters of Rock and they were like the 1st band to open out of 5.I never would have thought from that night they would be famous.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:02 am
  • Maybe they should have Lady Gaga play with them all the time like at the Grammy's.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:59 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:Saw them at the RCA dome in 87 or 88 Monsters of Rock and they were like the 1st band to open out of 5.I never would have thought from that night they would be famous.

By that time, they were already famous. Maybe they were just 'meh' when you saw them? Honestly, I saw them in 94 right before they got 'soft'. It was a really good show.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:41 am
  • Seahwkgal wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:Saw them at the RCA dome in 87 or 88 Monsters of Rock and they were like the 1st band to open out of 5.I never would have thought from that night they would be famous.

By that time, they were already famous. Maybe they were just 'meh' when you saw them? Honestly, I saw them in 94 right before they got 'soft'. It was a really good show.

Well..If your the opener just how big are you when Dokken is after you?I think your timeline is off,they blew up after that year.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsters_ ... _Tour_1988
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:15 am
  • Gawd, that monsters of rock tour was sure a fiasco...

In Seattle the Scorpions lead singer Klaus Meine was hit in the throat by a camera thrown out of the audience. He ranted about having respect for the bands on stage for about 5 minutes, then they did one more song and left the stage. This was about 3/4 in to their full set.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:39 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Gawd, that monsters of rock tour was sure a fiasco...

In Seattle the Scorpions lead singer Klaus Meine was hit in the throat by a camera thrown out of the audience. He ranted about having respect for the bands on stage for about 5 minutes, then they did one more song and left the stage. This was about 3/4 in to their full set.

I agree the concert was not among the top ones I have been to..Hoosier Dome(RCA) was not made with that in mind.The speaker setup was horrible.Some of those bands do not come close to what you hear on record.Van Halen with Sammy just wasn't very good.I had to hear that- I can't drive 55 :pukeface:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:14 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:Saw them at the RCA dome in 87 or 88 Monsters of Rock and they were like the 1st band to open out of 5.I never would have thought from that night they would be famous.

Well..If your the opener just how big are you when Dokken is after you?I think your timeline is off,they blew up after that year.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsters_ ... _Tour_1988

I might be biased because I was listening to them hard in '84. They were the best thing in Metal at that time---To Me. Hahaha.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:06 am
  • I understand..Did you wear a trenchcoat too?I noticed they had 1 row of those there..In Later years it was so much more when you see vids with them after 88
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:43 am

Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:44 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:Saw them in 1990 in the Kingdome with GNR. Went to see GNR and Metallica blew them off the stage. Axl had the vocal range of a boy going thru puberty that night, horrible. Metallica was much better live than I thought they'd be.

It was also Motörhead. I was there too :)
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:38 am
  • Diezel Dawg wrote:Just bought our tickets this weekend for the concert in Aug. Man I cannot wait this was #1 on my concert Bucket List. The CLink will be rocking that night. Anyone else going?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yep got my tickets, looking forward to it. :rocker: :thmusik36: :thRocks:
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:55 pm

Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:13 pm
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:20 pm

Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:51 pm

Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:27 am
  • m0ng0 wrote:you are so cool

I know. You aren't.. Figures that you would like MEH tallicas new album and not Redeemer of Souls.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:44 pm
  • i hear poison and def leppard are going to tour, that should get the hair pick out of your back pocket and some aqua net in your shopping cart!
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:09 pm

Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:51 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:you are so cool :roll:

Don't you belong in the fantasy island forum?
    Last edited by Largent80 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:52 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:i hear poison and def leppard are going to tour, that should get the hair pick out of your back pocket and some aqua net in your shopping cart!

At least I have hair at 64 that I could still use Aqua Net on. YOU?...hahahahahaha....
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:28 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:i hear poison and def leppard are going to tour, that should get the hair pick out of your back pocket and some aqua net in your shopping cart!

At least I have hair at 64 that I could still use Aqua Net on. YOU?...hahahahahaha....

Could be a wig like that lead singer in Rock Star :lol:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:03 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information