Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Disc Rot.

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Disc Rot.
Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:37 pm

Re: Disc Rot.
Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:53 pm
  • Interesting article. At first I was a little distressed (very passionate about old technology), but then I realized that it is no different than the fate of the games for my favorite game machine--the Commodore 64. Those 5 1/4" floppies are even worse than CDs for losing data!

I can only experience my favorite gaming machine via emulation or some other mass storage hack, and so will the CD/DVD gaming generation. Sucks, but that's the way it is.
    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."---LP Hartley
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran

Re: Disc Rot.
Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:27 pm
  • Trenchbroom wrote:Interesting article. At first I was a little distressed (very passionate about old technology), but then I realized that it is no different than the fate of the games for my favorite game machine--the Commodore 64. Those 5 1/4" floppies are even worse than CDs for losing data!

I can only experience my favorite gaming machine via emulation or some other mass storage hack, and so will the CD/DVD gaming generation. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

I know what you mean. I have my 128 still and have not used it in over 20 years now. Thinking bout tossing it and the 300 floppies plus with it.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:03 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information