Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Logan

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Logan
Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:13 am

Re: Logan
Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:12 pm
  • Yeah he's run as far as he can go in his body with it at this point, his protégé is going to take it forward based on trailers, now if we can just get all the rest of the historical male super hero's to be female or bi sexual or gay we will have revolutionized the whole Marvel DC Universe.

    Seems like they are making everything female or adding sexual orientation twists, next up Spiderwomen.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 21081
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Logan
Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:14 am
  • Will. Not. Watch.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7037
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: Logan
Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:47 am
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:Will. Not. Watch.



    It is supposed to be a very good movie. Getting great reviews.

    To Chris' point, i'm not sure they are evolving the male dominated characters as much as they are willing to integrate the female ones from comic books into prominent roles in movies.

    I believe the upcoming Captain Marvel is based on a female character, for example. the 2nd Ant Man is supposed to partner him with Evangeline Lilly. I'm sure there are other examples.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12068
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Logan
Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:27 am
  • Saw Patrick Stewart on Colbert the other night and they were talking about the movie.

    Supposedly has some tear jerker moments and is getting awesome reviews.

    Were going next week.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


Re: Logan
Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:14 pm
  • Anyone seen it yet?

    I was talking to people that saw it yesterday and they raved. (without Extasy)
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


Re: Logan
Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:43 pm
  • Saw it.

    It was pretty good. Definitely slower paced and more depressing (just general tone) than your average super hero movie. Definitely good acting by both primaries.

    As to the protege taking over the role . . . . don't see that happening.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 104909
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: Logan
Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:20 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:Saw it.

    It was pretty good. Definitely slower paced and more depressing (just general tone) than your average super hero movie. Definitely good acting by both primaries.

    As to the protege taking over the role . . . . don't see that happening.


    I would expect an advance in the timeline again and a older version of her, the Comics have multiple story lines with her in the future, that and they could always bring in another mutant that can jump time. I think Jackman is done unless it's a advanced age timeline as far as Wolverine, that doesn't mean we don't see someone else fill the roll, but I doubt it will be as a primary character unless who they choose nails it and propels popularity again.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 21081
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Logan
Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:02 am
  • Saw it on Saturday. Overall I liked it though it was pretty depressing and somewhat disturbing throughout.

    It would have been awesome to see them go with the full Old Man Logan storyline but there are so many other Marvel characters in that one that it would be pretty much impossible.

    I don't really want to see a follow-up with the protege. Would rather they just do an overall reboot of Wolverine with a new actor. There is still a lot they could do with the character and a lot more storylines I would love to see developed. In a perfect world I would love to see Wolverine and Hulk go at it but unless Fox and Marvel work something out that will never happen.
    drcool
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 573
    Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 9:27 am
    Location: Jacksonville, FL


Re: Logan
Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:40 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:Saw it.

    It was pretty good. Definitely slower paced and more depressing (just general tone) than your average super hero movie. Definitely good acting by both primaries.

    As to the protege taking over the role . . . . don't see that happening.


    I would expect an advance in the timeline again and a older version of her, the Comics have multiple story lines with her in the future, that and they could always bring in another mutant that can jump time. I think Jackman is done unless it's a advanced age timeline as far as Wolverine, that doesn't mean we don't see someone else fill the roll, but I doubt it will be as a primary character unless who they choose nails it and propels popularity again.


    Oh, I agree that Jackman is done. I believe he has said as much. I just don't see the girl taking off with. Maybe, as you say, a jump in the timeline but even then I kind of doubt it. I would think a reboot might be more likely. But I think that might depend on the broader X-Men plans and at this point I just don't know what those are. There's supposed to be a Gambit movie but I don't know if that has really gotten off the ground. It might be a good idea for them to use that movie to spring board into a new universe/timeline.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 104909
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: Logan
Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:36 pm
  • I learned a long time ago to give up any measure of sense in comic book movies. Wolverine is never going to burst out of Hulk's back, Hulk is never going to rip Wolverine in half, Thor is more human because you can't find anyone 6'6 700 pounds, Thor isn't even half Elder God, etc. You just can't go where the books go as a live action movie.

    Yes, they went a completely different direction, but you have to look at it for what it is and think of it as a stand alone movie that doesn't even necessarily, directly correlate with what Fox has done previously. I know of three different tellings of how Wolverine first encountered and battled Hulk, for instance, and that can't even happen with current licensing, which is literally what Stan Lee created Wolverine for; to have someone that could take on the Hulk.

    This is a send off, and ironically, this is actually the first time that Jackman (whom it took my a long time to accept as the character) has really captured Wolverine. He's not crazy for no damn good reason. There is relentless pain, sadness, triumph, honor, sacrifice, reluctant love, etc. throughout his entire story. Woverine had a full, amplified range of humanity that other comic book characters couldn't touch, IMO. I had some problems with this movie from a comic book standpoint, but overall it was very, very good. Like a lot of critiques are saying, it might stand up to a lot of movies throughout the year when it comes time for awards. This movie had a lot of grit.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3156
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Logan
Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:58 am
  • vin.couve12 wrote:...this is actually the first time that Jackman...has really captured Wolverine.


    I totally agree here. I am not the biggest Wolverine fan, but I know the character pretty well. In my opinion, this is the first time we have seen Wolverine on screen. The other attempts were just poor attempts.
    I thought this movie was excellent. Not surprised to get a great performance out of Patrick Stewart, but I was surprised how well Jackman did. I think this was really a passion project for him.
    User avatar
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 574
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:38 pm


Re: Logan
Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:52 am
  • Jackman is a good theatrical actor, he able to use those skills more then just action and one liners like many of the rolls he filled in as Wolverine in the X Men arena films.

    Someone did a timeline on him, with all the flip backs and changes he has like 219 years of emotional scars, to go along with 150 years give or take of living, everyone he cared about has died like twice. Tell me that won't screw with someone.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 21081
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Logan
Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:11 pm
  • Dang, this movie was so good.

    I actually had tears a few times. What an great inspiring performance by Jackman.

    The movie was awesome.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


Re: Logan
Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:39 am
  • I saw Logan on Saturday and actually really liked it. They did well and made full use of the "R" rating, which most seemed to enjoy. The fight scenes were brutal, the dialogue was adequate and well delivered, the hotel scene was intense and the end was heavy. Only a few things that I could really nitpick.

    It was a Western on-the-run flick transposed over a character driven Wolverine movie.

    8 adamantium claws out 10.
    User avatar
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1344
    Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 am
    Location: Wenatchee


Re: Logan
Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:41 am
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:I saw Logan on Saturday and actually really liked it. They did well and made full use of the "R" rating, which most seemed to enjoy. The fight scenes were brutal, the dialogue was adequate and well delivered, the hotel scene was intense and the end was heavy. Only a few things that I could really nitpick.

    It was a Western on-the-run flick transposed over a character driven Wolverine movie.

    8 adamantium claws out 10.


    Doesn't he only have 8 claws? So shouldn't it be 6 out of 8?
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 104909
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: Logan
Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:00 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:I saw Logan on Saturday and actually really liked it. They did well and made full use of the "R" rating, which most seemed to enjoy. The fight scenes were brutal, the dialogue was adequate and well delivered, the hotel scene was intense and the end was heavy. Only a few things that I could really nitpick.

    It was a Western on-the-run flick transposed over a character driven Wolverine movie.

    8 adamantium claws out 10.


    Doesn't he only have 8 claws? So shouldn't it be 6 out of 8?


    Wolverine has 6 claws (3 on each arm) as far as I know.

    Laura (new character and SPOILER ALERT) has 2 on each arm for a total of 10.

    I didn't take into consideration her foot claw(s), though, because Charles states that's how the genes are expressed in females only. :D
    User avatar
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1344
    Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 am
    Location: Wenatchee


Re: Logan
Thu May 18, 2017 2:53 pm
  • Watched it and thought it was okay. I honestly don't get the hype with comic book movies. Other than a few, they are all so average to me. Never been a huge fan of the Wolverine movies, but I do really enjoy the X-Men movies. Although the last X-Men movie wasn't very good.
    User avatar
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3302
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


Re: Logan
Thu May 18, 2017 5:35 pm
  • Everything is a comic book movie nowadays...most suck imo..hollywood has run out of ideas I guess
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4219
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: Logan
Fri May 19, 2017 8:17 pm
  • My wife is a fan of the Xmen so we go every comic book movie and buy the Blu ray discs. I thought the movie was just OK. Predictable (as are most of them ), decent acting, good special effects, poor story line. If your expecting a great movie, rent it.
    irocdave
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1389
    Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:24 pm


Re: Logan
Sun May 21, 2017 4:58 pm
  • irocdave wrote:My wife is a fan of the Xmen so we go every comic book movie and buy the Blu ray discs. I thought the movie was just OK. Predictable (as are most of them ), decent acting, good special effects, poor story line. If your expecting a great movie, rent it.


    couldn't handle that kids constant screaming...yes a bit of a letdown to finish the series hopefully once and for all
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4219
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: Logan
Mon May 22, 2017 4:40 pm
  • I just don't get why people like comic book movies so much. If you were into them as a kid and read the comics, then I understand. But they are almost all the same. Superhero gets introduced. Then some bad guy gets introduced. They do a couple fights throughout the movie. Then there is the last big fight where the superhero wins. Obvious Logan didn't quite follow this path but you get the point. There is just little originality in comic book movies.
    User avatar
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3302
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am




It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:03 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Maulbert and 14 guests