Time for penance...

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Time for penance...
Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:56 am
  • So, about 6 weeks ago I was sent to Pearl Harbor to work on a sub that they couldn't fix (took nine days). First time in Hawaii, didn't get to see much of it but what I did see was just excellent and I loved it. Now it's time for penance... At work yesterday they told me I'm leaving tomorrow for Norfolk VA to do the same thing for a carrier that they can't seem to fix. Booked for a month so far, we'll see how it goes. A *much* bigger job this time! At least I'll miss the upcoming snow. :roll:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Re: Time for penance...
Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:50 pm
  • Sucker!

I mean...That sucks, dude. Norfolk isn't worth visiting from what I've seen of it on NCIS.

:lol:
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:36 am

Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:54 pm
  • Find yourself a Captain George's there and enjoy all-you-can-eat seafood buffet. There are several in that area of the east coast, and one in Norfolk, if I remember correctly. I think the price has gone up to $25/person, but it's definitely worth it for the large spread they have.

Also, if you have a bit of time to drive, head up to Annapolis, MD. Cool little seaside town. If you have even more time, try to get up to the southern part of Pennsylvania and cruise through Amish country. Definitely a must-do if you can get up there.

The DC/NOVA/MD area also has a tremendous amount of Revolutionary War-era sites to take in. Even if you aren't a history buff, a lot of it's pretty interesting to see.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information