Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Zelda- Breath of the Wild

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Zelda- Breath of the Wild
Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:10 pm
  • Has anyone else snagged it yet? I was pretty stoked to see they released it for Wii U also, so I didn't have to blow a bunch of money to get the Switch. Had to dust off the Wii U that hasn't been touched for probably over a year. (Such a waste of a console, but that's another thread.)

But anyways, can't say enough about how much they knocked this one out of the park. Quite a changeup from other Zelda games, but still has that old similar feel in other ways. It's probably the biggest open world I've ever seen in a game. I haven't even unlocked 1/8 of the map yet, and it's almost overwhelmingly huge already. Definitely one of those games it's really easy to get lost in for hours. Can't wait to get home today and get back to it!
    Ballz
    NET Rookie

Re: Zelda- Breath of the Wild
Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:31 pm
  • I would like to play it. Of course, it's never worth spending several hundred dollars on a system just to play 1 game. That's Nintendo for you, though.

So, I'll be exploring alternative ways to play this game. I hear they've already got it running on a PC emulator.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:15 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:I would like to play it. Of course, it's never worth spending several hundred dollars on a system just to play 1 game. That's Nintendo for you, though.

So, I'll be exploring alternative ways to play this game. I hear they've already got it running on a PC emulator.

It's not just on Switch. It got a WiiU release, too.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:11 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:I would like to play it. Of course, it's never worth spending several hundred dollars on a system just to play 1 game. That's Nintendo for you, though.

I know. The Wii U is still $200, though. Experts predict that the Wii U emulator will actually be what runs the game best on PC.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:04 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:I would like to play it. Of course, it's never worth spending several hundred dollars on a system just to play 1 game. That's Nintendo for you, though.

How do you like it so far? I'm about 8 hours in and can't get enough. It's pretty awesome.
    Ballz
    NET Rookie

Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:47 am
  • I really want to play it but I haven't bought a Nintendo System since the 64. Zelda games are all that I genuinely miss playing and every time a new one comes out I debate buying the newest Nintendo system. Breath of the Wild is the most tempting.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:54 pm
  • Ballz wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

How do you like it so far? I'm about 8 hours in and can't get enough. It's pretty awesome.

So, I was holding off playing it until I got a Switch, and WiiU copies were scarce anyway at the time, but I finally broke down and bought the WiiU version 2 weeks ago when a local Fred Meyer got in new stock. I beat it last night, and I absolutely love the game, though I will say (no spoilers) I don’t think they quite stuck the landing and I wish there were at least 4 more dungeons. That said, it's my 2nd favorite Zelda game behind only Majora's Mask.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information