Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Big Little Lies (HBO Show)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Big Little Lies (HBO Show)
Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:26 pm
  • Anyone watching this? It's a seven episode miniseries based off the book with the same title. It has an all-star cast for a show, which includes Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon, Shailene Woodley, Alexander Skarsgard and more. So far it's really good and intriguing. Kind of has that Gone Girl feel to it.

Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Re: Big Little Lies (HBO Show)
Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:50 am
  • We're watching it.

My wife is digging it more than me, mainly because these are the type of women I can't stand, the overbearing too much time on their hands affluent helicopter moms that are ruining our kids.

Which I know is the point, but the story is interesting and I do dig the Shailene Woodley character.

I'd say if you and your lady friend need a good couple's show to watch together, this would check the boxes.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:17 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:We're watching it.

My wife is digging it more than me, mainly because these are the type of women I can't stand, the overbearing too much time on their hands affluent helicopter moms that are ruining our kids.

Which I know is the point, but the story is interesting and I do dig the Shailene Woodley character.

I'd say if you and your lady friend need a good couple's show to watch together, this would check the boxes.

Agreed all around. I have a hard time looking at Nicole Kidman's obviously plastic face though.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:12 am
  • I thought it was a really good miniseries. Acting was great and the plot was interesting and moved at a good pace. It was a little predictable in the end, but they did a good job of wrapping it up.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:55 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:I thought it was a really good miniseries. Acting was great and the plot was interesting and moved at a good pace. It was a little predictable in the end, but they did a good job of wrapping it up.

It was VERY predictable.............I called most of the major plot point reveals by episode 3 or 4.

But yeah overall well done mini-series. Lots of regular series could take some lessons from Big Little Lies and Game of Thrones, don't wear out your welcome. 7-8 episodes makes for a more compelling season, no filler or slow episodes just to get to a 10-12 episode season.

One nitpicky thing I hated about this though is every dude in this series was a jerk, a-hole or vajayjay. I get that the book is female centric, with strong female leads, but holy moly just give me one strong male character that didn't beat, rape or act like a p-whipped dog.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:21 pm
  • Since it was adapted from a book, it may not have been as predictable reading it in a book as it was in the show. But yeah, most everything I saw coming from the middle episodes.

I didn't even notice that about the men, but like you said, it was made for women. Then again, most everyone in the show was made to look bad, even a lot of the females with an exception to a few.

Nicole Kidman deserves some kind of award, she was fantastic from start to finish.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 8:29 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information