Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seattle Move

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Seattle Move
Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:53 pm
  • Well I have been here a year now and I do like it a lot, but as with every city there are pros and cons. The thing i absolutely hate the most is the traffic on I-5. The food is really good here. Apples are my favorite fruit but for some reason Washington apples are really really good. They taste different from other apples i have had. I have had experience with the Seattle freeze, but overall the people here are really open minded and friendly at least to me. I mean I have met some douchebags and very sketchy people. The tweakers are ballsy here I dont know how many times I'm getting gas and some tweaker comes right up to me and asks for gas money. One time a couple of months ago a tweaker asked me and I offered to fill there tank but they said no but I'll take the cash. Thats how i know there on something. Now i pretend i am deaf, works everytime.
    hawks85
    NET Starter

Re: Seattle Move
Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:45 pm
  • So you moving or not? My suggestion is don't unless you have another choice. Chiefs Kingdom is boring and just doesn't understand they're 10-20 years behind on everything beyond the man/woman fun family "game".;)

Seriously, they are in worse cap hell then Dallas but not New Orleans (how is that even possible?). People here are awesome though so it's a nice to move to if the NFL is your thing. It's basically probably the only place in the Midwest that is what PNW considers defitionally correct as per actual knowledgeable NFL fans and mostly fanbase. Yes, they are us but a legacy team. A team we can't beat in Arrowhead to date except 1 time?
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:19 am
  • hawks85 wrote:Well I have been here a year now and I do like it a lot, but as with every city there are pros and cons. The thing i absolutely hate the most is the traffic on I-5. The food is really good here. Apples are my favorite fruit but for some reason Washington apples are really really good. They taste different from other apples i have had. I have had experience with the Seattle freeze, but overall the people here are really open minded and friendly at least to me. I mean I have met some douchebags and very sketchy people. The tweakers are ballsy here I dont know how many times I'm getting gas and some tweaker comes right up to me and asks for gas money. One time a couple of months ago a tweaker asked me and I offered to fill there tank but they said no but I'll take the cash. Thats how i know there on something. Now i pretend i am deaf, works everytime.

Yeah this description would make me move too.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:28 am
  • I don't get the replies. The dude obviously moved to Seattle about a year ago and is providing his impressions of the area.
    Last edited by Seanhawk on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:35 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:I don't get the replies. The dude obviously moved to Seattle about a year ago is providing his impressions of the area.

Not convinced you actually read the post or just trolling. Still deciding......
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:21 am
  • Bicycle bicycle bicycle
    I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle
    I want to ride my bicycle
    I want to ride my bike
    I want to ride it where I like

You say black I say white
    You say bark I say bite
    You say shark I say hey man
    Jaws was never my scene
    And I don't like Star Wars
    You say Rolls I say Royce
    You say God give me a choice
    You say Lord I say Christ
    I don't believe in Peter Pan
    Frankenstein or Superman
    All I wanna do is

Bicycle bicycle bicycle
    I want to ride my bike
    I want to ride my -
    Bicycle races are coming your way
    So forget all your duties oh yeah
    Fat bottomed girls
    They'll be riding today
    So look out for those beauties oh yeah
    On your marks, get set, go!
    Bicycle race bicycle race bicycle race
    Bicycle bicycle bicycle
    Bicycle bicycle bicycle bicycle
    I want a bicycle race

Hey
    You say coke I say caine
    You say John I say Wayne
    Hot dog I say cool it man
    I don't wanna be the President of America
    You say smile I say cheese
    Cartier I say please
    Income tax I say Jesus
    I don't want to be a candidate for
    Vietnam or Watergate
    'Cause all I wanna do is

Bicycle (yeah) bicycle (eh) bicycle
    I want to ride my bicycle bicycle (c'mon) bicycle
    I want to ride my bike
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:32 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:I don't get the replies. The dude obviously moved to Seattle about a year ago and is providing his impressions of the area.

Yeah, what the hell? Did OP edit his post or something?
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:19 am
  • He moved here and was giving an update is all mountains out of mole hills anyone...............

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:49 am
  • chris98251 wrote:He moved here and was giving an update is all mountains out of mole hills anyone...............

I just don't get the whole KC, salary cap, etc. response and getnasty's misunderstanding of the OP.

Anyway, glad you've been enjoying your time in the PNW, OP. The tweakers/homeless are definitely a bit of a wake up call and it's really easy to be uncomfortable in those situations. Honestly the best thing to do is completely ignore them unless they're right in front of you, which it seems like you've got down with the whole deaf charade haha.

Have you gotten to travel much outside of the Seattle area?
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:39 am
  • hawks85 wrote: One time a couple of months ago a tweaker asked me and I offered to fill there tank but they said no but I'll take the cash. Thats how i know there on something.

I used to joke with a dude outside the Starbucks by my work.

I'd see him week after week walking up and down the strip mall sidewalk with his gas container asking for money. I'd say "dude you still haven't filled up that tank, it's been like three months, your wife must be worried sick."

He'd laugh and then continue on walking. Bro needed to change up his territory.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:18 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    hawks85 wrote: One time a couple of months ago a tweaker asked me and I offered to fill there tank but they said no but I'll take the cash. Thats how i know there on something.

I used to joke with a dude outside the Starbucks by my work.

I'd see him week after week walking up and down the strip mall sidewalk with his gas container asking for money. I'd say "dude you still haven't filled up that tank, it's been like three months, your wife must be worried sick."

He'd laugh and then continue on walking. Bro needed to change up his territory.

I see that in this area too. Walmart has kinda stopped it as they dont like the competition...but other locations.....
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:45 pm
  • They are everywhere, just some areas have better hide outs and some move on to the bigger cities when they have burned their small town bridges.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:11 pm
  • White Center is awesome. I used to have a wax coated refrigerator box that Tech Worlds and I would gather to watch Hawk games there, behind the hardware store.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:39 pm
  • This region is so friendly to homeless drug addicts and alcoholics that they get pretty bold around these parts. It's really annoying. Too many people support the likes of Commie Sawant, so it's only getting slowly worse over time.

I'm moving to Miami within a couple of years, personally. I'm a Seattle native, but this winter weather gets old after a while. :)

P.S., I doubt the OP changed their post; Josea tends to post random stuff as replies that makes no contexual sense whatsoever, it's far from the first time. I think he's one of the aforementioned tweakers/addicts.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:09 pm
  • The area is also loaded with professional Pan Handlers, in my job I used to move around a lot to work at different company facilities, you would see the same people on the same corners and off ramps on ramps over and over again. If you start paying attention many appear to be the cleanest homeless, helpless, starving people you have ever seen.

This is over years now but clean white sneakers and I mean sparkling white on some of them, the under garments trendy clothing that fit well, you see that when they are getting out of the dirty looking coats when it gets warmer and if you had passed them a couple times that day. The best part is I was working later one day and it was about 6:30 and as I was leaving the Lakeview area one the regular guys was putting his chair and sign and coat into the back of his Mercedes, and it wasn't something 30 years old either.

Another aspect is grooming when you see them, well kept beard a dead give away, as stated Shoes, I work and I can't keep my shoes looking like new more then a month, how can these guys with nothing supposedly seem to ALWAYS have clean shoes shiny new looking clean at that. Then there is their lunch snack stash, every once in a while you see them gone from their spot, we had a Starbucks and a Mexican restaurant and a Safeway by one of our buildings, sometimes working there I would see some of them out of garb and no sign ordering food and coffee and reading the newspaper, others around the corner in sitting on their chair with Jack in the Box and McDonalds bags talking to two or three others that you have seen on other corners .

I am sure there a re a lot of legit people needing help, you see them usually without the set up of signs or a whole set up of chair, sign, umbrella etc. The don't have shiny shoes and look somewhat in despair or humiliated.

The druggies and meth heads are typically much more aggressive in their approach, asking for smokes and stuff out in the open also many times with out manners and I don't know what it is maybe intimidation or living on the street but want to get right up in your space almost when doing so, they are usually much more unkept looking, asking if you want to have sex or a blow job and saying we can do it anywhere, really means they have succumbed to their demon.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:26 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:This region is so friendly to homeless drug addicts and alcoholics that they get pretty bold around these parts. It's really annoying. Too many people support the likes of Commie Sawant, so it's only getting slowly worse over time.

I'm moving to Miami within a couple of years, personally. I'm a Seattle native, but this winter weather gets old after a while. :)

P.S., I doubt the OP changed their post; Josea tends to post random stuff as replies that makes no contexual sense whatsoever, it's far from the first time. I think he's one of the aforementioned tweakers/addicts.

Well me being born and raised in the big apple the winters here dont phase me at all. I have a friend here and he asked me to move here. I almost went back home to New York but its a mess over there. The economy in New York is really bad. Seattle has a thriving economy compared to the rest of the country. I did a lot of research before i moved here a lot. Seattle is a melting pot...Kinda, like New York. My Last job before i came here put me in Oklahoma and that sucked. Oklahoma is the worst state to live in. That whole state is simple minded. I never adjusted when i was there. Meeting people was hard because i was looked at as an outsider. If your not from there they are not friendly. Its also very segregated. It felt like i was in a Twilight Zone.
    hawks85
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:33 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:The area is also loaded with professional Pan Handlers, in my job I used to move around a lot to work at different company facilities, you would see the same people on the same corners and off ramps on ramps over and over again. If you start paying attention many appear to be the cleanest homeless, helpless, starving people you have ever seen.

This is over years now but clean white sneakers and I mean sparkling white on some of them, the under garments trendy clothing that fit well, you see that when they are getting out of the dirty looking coats when it gets warmer and if you had passed them a couple times that day. The best part is I was working later one day and it was about 6:30 and as I was leaving the Lakeview area one the regular guys was putting his chair and sign and coat into the back of his Mercedes, and it wasn't something 30 years old either.

Another aspect is grooming when you see them, well kept beard a dead give away, as stated Shoes, I work and I can't keep my shoes looking like new more then a month, how can these guys with nothing supposedly seem to ALWAYS have clean shoes shiny new looking clean at that. Then there is their lunch snack stash, every once in a while you see them gone from their spot, we had a Starbucks and a Mexican restaurant and a Safeway by one of our buildings, sometimes working there I would see some of them out of garb and no sign ordering food and coffee and reading the newspaper, others around the corner in sitting on their chair with Jack in the Box and McDonalds bags talking to two or three others that you have seen on other corners .

I am sure there a re a lot of legit people needing help, you see them usually without the set up of signs or a whole set up of chair, sign, umbrella etc. The don't have shiny shoes and look somewhat in despair or humiliated.

The druggies and meth heads are typically much more aggressive in their approach, asking for smokes and stuff out in the open also many times with out manners and I don't know what it is maybe intimidation or living on the street but want to get right up in your space almost when doing so, they are usually much more unkept looking, asking if you want to have sex or a blow job and saying we can do it anywhere, really means they have succumbed to their demon.

I did notice that lol. This homeless guy was by one of the I-5 ramps and i was waiting to enter I-5. I looked at the homeless guy and i was like damn for a homeless person he seemed to keep his shoes clean, and people were rolling down there windows giving him money. Not me I already knew I just drove by.
    hawks85
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:46 pm
  • hawks85 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:The area is also loaded with professional Pan Handlers, in my job I used to move around a lot to work at different company facilities, you would see the same people on the same corners and off ramps on ramps over and over again. If you start paying attention many appear to be the cleanest homeless, helpless, starving people you have ever seen.

I did notice that lol. This homeless guy was by one of the I-5 ramps and i was waiting to enter I-5. I looked at the homeless guy and i was like damn for a homeless person he seemed to keep his shoes clean, and people were rolling down there windows giving him money. Not me I already knew I just drove by.

I also met a few people from the south here, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Tennessee. They did not like it here...Go figure. They spoke negative of Seattle and the west coast in general. I spoke negative of the south and how corrupt it is down there. Turned into a heated argument. They said the food sucked here. I said your crazy and if you want possum gravy or raccoon soup then go back to Arkansas.
    hawks85
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:41 pm

Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:39 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Great, now we have homeless profiling.

Your assumption is incorrect, it's people acting homeless versus actual homeless.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:55 pm
  • hawks85 wrote:Well me being born and raised in the big apple the winters here dont phase me at all. I have a friend here and he asked me to move here. I almost went back home to New York but its a mess over there. The economy in New York is really bad. Seattle has a thriving economy compared to the rest of the country. I did a lot of research before i moved here a lot. Seattle is a melting pot...Kinda, like New York. My Last job before i came here put me in Oklahoma and that sucked. Oklahoma is the worst state to live in. That whole state is simple minded. I never adjusted when i was there. Meeting people was hard because i was looked at as an outsider. If your not from there they are not friendly. Its also very segregated. It felt like i was in a Twilight Zone.

I wasn't referring to the temperature when I referenced the weather. I lived in Wisconsin for a decade, I know what cold is. 15-degree weather with snow and ice but no rain is way more comfortable and enjoyable to be outside in than 40 degrees and rainy. Particularly for cycling.

Regarding Oklahoma; yeah, welcome to the midwest, lol. That entire portion of the country is essentially worthless.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:08 pm
  • hawks85 wrote:I also met a few people from the south here, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Tennessee. They did not like it here...Go figure. They spoke negative of Seattle and the west coast in general. I spoke negative of the south and how corrupt it is down there. Turned into a heated argument. They said the food sucked here. I said your crazy and if you want possum gravy or raccoon soup then go back to Arkansas.

you're
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:09 am
  • hawks85 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:The area is also loaded with professional Pan Handlers, in my job I used to move around a lot to work at different company facilities, you would see the same people on the same corners and off ramps on ramps over and over again. If you start paying attention many appear to be the cleanest homeless, helpless, starving people you have ever seen.

That's the problem is the idiots giving these addicts money.
    If people would stop enabling them with their drug habit they'd stop.

I'm all for helping people that really need it but I'd rather donate to places like the union gospel mission and like organizations that have programs that try to get these folks off the streets and get them the help they need.

In Everett off of 128th they work in shifts and teams.

In Edmonds I've seen a gal out with her baby in a stroller.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:19 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:This region is so friendly to homeless drug addicts and alcoholics that they get pretty bold around these parts. It's really annoying. Too many people support the likes of Commie Sawant, so it's only getting slowly worse over time.

Seriously uncalled for. I basically said Missouri generally sucks in comparison to PNW but a couple of good things about it are the people and the fact that the Chiefs have a very knowledgeable fan base especially in comparison to many of the legacy teams.

I was trying to say to the OP be careful because you may get what you wish for and it usually isn't what it's cracked up to be. The PNW is generally among the best regions in the country once everything in taken into account.

The faux homeless issue aside but that seems to much more of an issue in Portland and Seattle then anywhere else in the region. Kansas City has the same issue but it's far less noticeable because everything is so spread out and nobody would ever panhandle near on/off ramps here. That's a good way to be killed just because of how the highways and on/off ramps are here.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:40 pm
  • Josea16 wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:I don't get the replies. The dude obviously moved to Seattle about a year ago is providing his impressions of the area.

Not convinced you actually read the post or just trolling. Still deciding......

Neither, I was right.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:45 am
  • Josea16 wrote:So you moving or not? My suggestion is don't unless you have another choice. Chiefs Kingdom is boring and just doesn't understand they're 10-20 years behind on everything beyond the man/woman fun family "game".;)

Seriously, they are in worse cap hell then Dallas but not New Orleans (how is that even possible?). People here are awesome though so it's a nice to move to if the NFL is your thing. It's basically probably the only place in the Midwest that is what PNW considers defitionally correct as per actual knowledgeable NFL fans and mostly fanbase. Yes, they are us but a legacy team. A team we can't beat in Arrowhead to date except 1 time?

What are you trying to say?
    907Hawk
    NET Starter

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:00 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Bicycle bicycle bicycle
    I want to ride my bike

You say black I say white
    You say bark I say bite
    You say shark I say hey man
    Jaws was never my scene
    And I don't like Star Wars
    You say Rolls I say Royce
    You say God give me a choice
    You say Lord I say Christ
    I don't believe in Peter Pan
    Frankenstein or Superman
    All I wanna do is

Bicycle bicycle bicycle
    I want to ride my bike
    I want to ride my -
    Bicycle races are coming your way
    So forget all your duties oh yeah
    Fat bottomed girls
    They'll be riding today
    So look out for those beauties oh yeah
    On your marks, get set, go!
    Bicycle race bicycle race bicycle race
    Bicycle bicycle bicycle
    Bicycle bicycle bicycle bicycle
    I want a bicycle race

Hey
    You say coke I say caine
    You say John I say Wayne
    Hot dog I say cool it man
    I don't wanna be the President of America
    You say smile I say cheese
    Cartier I say please
    Income tax I say Jesus
    I don't want to be a candidate for
    Vietnam or Watergate
    'Cause all I wanna do is

Bicycle (yeah) bicycle (eh) bicycle
    I want to ride my bicycle bicycle (c'mon) bicycle
    I want to ride my bike

Awful
    Blake Allyn
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri May 11, 2018 9:21 am
  • hawks85 wrote:Well I have been here a year now and I do like it a lot, but as with every city there are pros and cons. The thing i absolutely hate the most is the traffic on I-5. The food is really good here. Apples are my favorite fruit but for some reason Washington apples are really really good. They taste different from other apples i have had. I have had experience with the Seattle freeze, but overall the people here are really open minded and friendly at least to me. I mean I have met some douchebags and very sketchy people. The tweakers are ballsy here I dont know how many times I'm getting gas and some tweaker comes right up to me and asks for gas money. One time a couple of months ago a tweaker asked me and I offered to fill there tank but they said no but I'll take the cash. Thats how i know there on something. Now i pretend i am deaf, works everytime.

A lot of crazy people come up to you here in CA too. It happens all the time. It seems gas stations are the worst by far. I mean really there is more than 1 sometimes at each gas station. Like a group of them. It's just horrible. Sometimes it's a little alarming. You don't know if they are going to do something crazy.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Rookie

It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information