Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Spoiler Free)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Who else has seen this? I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and while I would say the first one was better overall, this was a worthy sequel. Really caught off guard how much I liked Michael Rooker in this one. Anyone else?
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Saw it last night and thought it was really good. Ambitious effort for a sequel and they nailed it, IMO.

Overall I think I like the storyline and antagonist(s) from the first one a bit more, but the humor, action, sentiment and overall entertainment blew my expectations away.

I'd give it 4.5 Yondus out of Mary Poppins.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Agree with both of you. Pretty good sequel, not quite up to the original, but certainly more than worthy of seeing in theaters.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• It was awesome - thought it was better than the original.

How could you not love this guy?

Do you like curry? - Gareth Keenan
    DYLcurry59
    NET Veteran

• I really enjoyed it. I think it is far and away Marvel's best franchise. But what I really want to know is what a poster here thought of it. I don't remember who it was, but this person stated it was their life goal to see it. Seriously.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:Agree with both of you. Pretty good sequel, not quite up to the original, but certainly more than worthy of seeing in theaters.

I saw it and this sums up my feelings rather well. I was laughing throughout and enjoyed myself and that's all you can ask for with this type of movie.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• I liked it. To nit pick I thought it came on strong and ended weak. It was to serious the last 1/4 or 1/3.
    "If we lose ... this place will be a Carnival of Stupidity." FlyingGreg
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran

• I enjoyed it. I might put it just a SLIGHT bit behind the first but that could be due to the newness of the characters in the first.

There are some things I wish they would have done more with but it was as good as pretty much anything Marvel has put out. I am looking forward to seeing it again.
    drcool
    NET Veteran

• I enjoyed most of the movie, but they could have cut the sentimental scenes down by about half and done away with the animated explanation of how babies are made.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• I thought the first half was fantastic. The second half was just okay.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• RolandDeschain wrote:Agree with both of you. Pretty good sequel, not quite up to the original, but certainly more than worthy of seeing in theaters.

I need to see this, loved the first one. Rooker is awesome, loved him in TWD.
    Just need to find time between my 2 jobs and my nephew's baseball and niece's softball games... hasn't left me with much spare time.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I would rank the MCU films thusly (note, my personal preference, I know the first Captain America was not highly regarded, but I love it more every time I see it).

1. The Avengers
    2. Guardians of the Galaxy
    3. Captain America: The First Avenger
    4. Captain America: Civil War
    5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    7. Iron Man
    8. Ant-Man
    9. Doctor Strange
    10. Iron Man 3
    11. Avengers: Age of Ultron
    12. Thor
    13. The Incredible Hulk
    14. Thor: The Dark World
    15. Iron Man 2
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• I can't trust anybody who ranks the original Iron Man 7th on an MCU list.

;)
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• See, now I thought Iron Man 3 was by far the worst movie. Let's see, what would my rankings be?

1. Captain America: Civil War
    2. Avengers
    3. Captain America: Winter Soldier
    4. Guardians of the Galaxy
    5. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (gets carried so high because of a really good first half, I suspect time removed from watching it will have this one falling down the list a bit more)
    6. Iron Man (if nothing else, gotta give it love for kicking it all off, but I haven't seen it in a long time, though the wife just re-watched it the other day)
    7. Captain America: The First Avenger
    8. Doctor Strange
    9. Thor
    10. Ant-Man
    12. Iron Man 2
    13. The Incredible Hulk (though it was a vast improvement on the previous Hulk movie)
    15. Iron Man 3

There are definitely some groupings there where it is kind of a "pick 'em" in terms of rankings.

I fully expect Thor 3 and Spider-Man to make very strong showings and be pretty high on the list.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• RolandDeschain wrote:I can't trust anybody who ranks the original Iron Man 7th on an MCU list.

;)

HawkGA wrote:See, now I thought Iron Man 3 was by far the worst movie. Let's see, what would my rankings be?

1. Captain America: Civil War
    2. Avengers
    3. Captain America: Winter Soldier
    4. Guardians of the Galaxy
    5. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (gets carried so high because of a really good first half, I suspect time removed from watching it will have this one falling down the list a bit more)
    6. Iron Man (if nothing else, gotta give it love for kicking it all off, but I haven't seen it in a long time, though the wife just re-watched it the other day)
    7. Captain America: The First Avenger
    8. Doctor Strange
    9. Thor
    10. Ant-Man
    12. Iron Man 2
    13. The Incredible Hulk (though it was a vast improvement on the previous Hulk movie)
    15. Iron Man 3

There are definitely some groupings there where it is kind of a "pick 'em" in terms of rankings.

I fully expect Thor 3 and Spider-Man to make very strong showings and be pretty high on the list.

I will say, for me, at least, 7 is no insult on my list. You have to go down to 10 to get into my 'meh' territory, and the only bad movies in my book are Thor: The Dark World and Iron Man 2.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• To me Avengers is cool for a minute because of the novelty of all the superheroes together. From a story and quality standpoint it wouldn't sniff the top 5 of my favorite marvel movies.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:You have to go down to 10 to get into my 'meh' territory, and the only bad movies in my book are Thor: The Dark World and Iron Man 2.

I largely agree. My general groupings are 1 & 2, then 3-8, then 9-11, and 12-15 (maybe carve out 14-15 for special levels of suck in comparison to the other movies). Within those groupings I wouldn't argue much about order.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Awesome Mix Vol 2 could have been more "awesome".
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• RolandDeschain wrote:I can't trust anybody who ranks the original Iron Man 7th on an MCU list.

;)

Also no Deadpool? wtf.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I can't trust anybody who ranks the original Iron Man 7th on an MCU list.

;)

Also no Deadpool? wtf.

Uh.... not sure if you're joking. Deadpool isn't MCU. It's part of Fox's X-Men film series. Marvel sold the film rights to Fox 15 years before the first Iron Man film came out.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• 1. The Avengers
    2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy
    4. Iron Man
    5. Captain America: Civil War
    6. Captain America: The First Avenger
    7. Ant-Man
    8. Avengers: Age of Ultron
    9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    10. Iron Man 2
    11. Doctor Strange
    12. Iron Man 3
    13. Thor
    15. The Incredible Hulk
    Do you like curry? - Gareth Keenan
    DYLcurry59
    NET Veteran

• To the op....I watched the movie on Friday at 130 pm with about a dozen at best others in the theater....just like I wanted it to be. I was able to watch it relaxed and it was ok. There were things I enjoyed and things that were meh in it. I would give it a single thumbs up with a half.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• It definitely wasn't as good as the first
    I really missed all the groot comedy in the second movie bcuz that look he gave in the first when he did something totally stupid was spot on and baby groot is missing all of that and drax isn't enough to make up for it
    The ending wasn't as good either
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Rookie

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information