Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Gregg Allman dead at 69

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Gregg Allman dead at 69
Sat May 27, 2017 11:54 am

Gregory Lenoir "Gregg" Allman of The Allman Brothers Band fame has died. He was 69.

Allman's publicist Ken Weinstein confirmed Saturday that Allman died at his home in Savannah, Georgia.

The organist and singer had canceled some 2016 tour dates for health reasons. In March 2017, he canceled performances for the rest of the year.

Allman had a history of substance abuse, which lead to his contraction of hepatitis C and a consequential liver transplant in 2010.

Born in Nashville, Tennessee, Allman was raised in Florida by a single mother after his father was shot to death.

He and his older brother Duane formed the nucleus of The Allman Brothers Band. It featured tight guitar harmonies by Duane Allman and Dickey Betts, a pair of drummers and the smoky, blues inflected voice of Gregg Allman.

http://www.king5.com/entertainment/greg ... /443562542

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Re: Gregg Allman dead at 69
Sat May 27, 2017 3:52 pm
  • Legend.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat May 27, 2017 4:37 pm
  • :{(
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sat May 27, 2017 9:12 pm
  • One of my all-time favorites. His passioned, gritty, soulful vocals were unlike any other. ABB were the penultimate jam band, the original southern rock group and following Duane's death, Gregg and Dickey carried on and led the band for decades more.

He will be very missed. I'm glad at least we can look forward to his final studio album to be released this year and he's finally reunited with Duane, Berry and others. RIP Gregg.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 29, 2017 5:47 pm
  • True legend who will be missed by me for sure. There isn't a weekend that goes by without me playing something from the Allman Brothers. RIP Greg. Give Duane a hug from all of us
    Hawkfan509
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information