Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Great day to be a Roger Waters fan

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Great day to be a Roger Waters fan
Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:04 pm
  • Just got home with the new Roger Waters album "is this the life you want?" Am about to sit in front of my hi-fi and listen to it for the first time. It's been 25 years since his masterpiece "Amused to Death". It was released in Australia today but has been out since May 19 in some countries. Love Roger's music, lyrics and voice. Anyone else here heard it yet?
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Rookie

Re: Great day to be a Roger Waters fan
Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:26 am
  • Listened to it last night. One of our stations played the whole thing.

It's good... heavy on the lyrics, very soft tone to the music.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:55 pm

How long before some young buck asks, "Who the hell is Roger Waters?"
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:21 pm
  • ... and Q: what is the difference between God and Roger Waters?

A: God doesn't think he's Roger Waters... :)
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:51 pm
  • Big Pink Floyd fan. Saw this and looked it up on Amazon Music, it's part of Prime offering, so i decided to listen a bit.

Hmm. Very uplifting music. :)

Pink Floyd can be ponderous and dark, but this seems self indulgent.
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:01 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Listened to it last night. One of our stations played the whole thing.

Cool! What did they do with the f-bombs, especially in "Picture That"? Bleep them, or air them? I especially LOVE that track...

From the album "The Final Cut", which was almost a "Rog solo" album, and the last one with Roger in Pink Floyd, the minor hit "Not Now John" was played a bit on the radio here, with all the f-words changed to "stuff all that"... but there's a bit in the outro which they forgot about, and although it was in the fadeout, "Where's the f-------g bar, John?" could still be heard.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:10 am
  • To be honest I did not hear any, so they either bleeped them and I missed it or they changed the words and I didn't know either way.

I won't pretend to suggest I was listening intently. Is a solemn track list. Lots of words and funeral march music. Its Pink (ish) Floyd, but just the sad stuff.

Whole album is up on youtube now.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:34 am
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Listened to it last night. One of our stations played the whole thing.

Cool! What did they do with the f-bombs, especially in "Picture That"? Bleep them, or air them? I especially LOVE that track...

From the album "The Final Cut", which was almost a "Rog solo" album, and the last one with Roger in Pink Floyd, the minor hit "Not Now John" was played a bit on the radio here, with all the f-words changed to "stuff all that"... but there's a bit in the outro which they forgot about, and although it was in the fadeout, "Where's the f-------g bar, John?" could still be heard.

I didn't notice any swearing, but I have a major potty mouth lifestyle and they wouldn't have registered as unusual. The album title on Amazon Music is followed by (Explicit) So I suspect they are all there.
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:52 am
  • Think the only one I've heard so far is the Last Refugee.. still, very nice.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:47 am
  • We're going to see him up in Vancouver BC in October. Can't wait. Haven't been this excited for a show in a long time. :179417:

Taking a listen to this new album right now, it's on Spotify too fyi.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:07 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:We're going to see him up in Vancouver BC in October. Can't wait. Haven't been this excited for a show in a long time. :179417:

Have you seen Rog before? I never thought I would, but he played in Melbourne in 2002 (In the Flesh tour), here in Adelaide in 2007 (Dark Side of the Moon tour), and again in Melbourne in 2012 (The Wall tour). I don't think he'll tour here this time, though. :(

My friend in Poulsbo with whom I stayed when I was in WA went to his recent Tacoma gig. Front row centre tickets - $450 each!

Please let us know about the show when you get back!
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:16 am
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:We're going to see him up in Vancouver BC in October. Can't wait. Haven't been this excited for a show in a long time. :179417:

Have you seen Rog before? I never thought I would, but he played in Melbourne in 2002 (In the Flesh tour), here in Adelaide in 2007 (Dark Side of the Moon tour), and again in Melbourne in 2012 (The Wall tour). I don't think he'll tour here this time, though. :(

My friend in Poulsbo with whom I stayed when I was in WA went to his recent Tacoma gig. Front row centre tickets - $450 each!

Please let us know about the show when you get back!

Never been to one of his shows.

I missed the Tacoma show, but was able to do the Vancouver one, so I jumped on it. Me and the mrs. are going to make a weekend of it! :0190l:
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:00 am
  • Twisted_steel2: you're in for a treat! There must be a lot of confusion about Vancouver, WA and Vancouver BC Canada. I assume the BC city came first? Interestingly, Adelaide, South Australia, where I live, predates Seattle (founded in 1836).

Had a visiting Prof from Washington State Uni in our lab here, many years ago. He actually lived across the state border, in Moscow, Idaho, and was most vexed at Reagan's sound-test where he apparently piped up with "we begin bombing Moscow in five minutes"...
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Rookie

It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information