Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Ready Player One

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Ready Player One
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:36 am
  • First trailer dropped at SDCC yesterday.

Anyone else really looking forward to this? I read the novel about 4 years ago and have been excited for this adaptation ever since. While not my first choice to direct (I was hoping for Edgar Wright), this is right in Spielberg's '80s wheelhouse. I like what I'm seeing.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Re: Ready Player One
Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:50 am
  • I am so very excited for this one, absolutley loved the book. Loving what Im seeing so far from the trailer and the casting.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:26 am
  • I was a little disappointed by the book, found it more towards the sophomoric and juvenile side of things.

But I like what I see in the trailer, looks like Spielberg and his director have added some much needed grit and complexity to the story.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:50 pm
  • I was wondering, did anyone else catch that the instrumental music at the start of the trailer, plus the three-note tone played over the the title were an arrangement of Pure Imagination from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information