Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Video problems on Google

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Video problems on Google
Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:58 am
  • I hope this is okay to ask here.
    Video's won't play on the Seahawks dot com site for me when using Google. They will play on IE.
    I've gone through and enabled content settings and still nothing.
    Can someone enlighten me on why this is happening? It seems like I've tried everything and even asked the webmaster over there but no answer.
    I used to get video there but no more.

Thank you for any info.
    captSE
    NET Veteran

Re: Video problems on Google
Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:27 pm
  • I had not problems with it last year with the exception of the buffering. I have the same problem now as you tho. I changed nothing. Dont know if a new update to the computer may have put a system error in it or not. I shall be monitoring this thread as well.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:28 am
  • My problem is recent too and I have never had problems there before. *this is my home computer.
    I updated adobe flash, made sure it was enabled on content settings. Still nothing.
    captSE
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:02 pm
  • Flash is built into Chrome, not a separate extension like it is for Firefox and IE. It's also disabled by default for most people nowadays, as well. Adobe has officially deprecated Flash (well, started the deprecation process) and NFL.com is woefully behind in converting all their stuff to HTML 5 video. One of the first things Google did with YouTube after they bought it was to start converting all the video content away from Flash.

For the record, Flash was a great thing way back in the day, but it's a continuous black hole of security vulnerabilities and that's a good part of why Adobe is getting rid of it, along with the fact that much of its traditional usefulness has been replaced by better alternatives in HTML and such. Google announced a long time ago the slow death of Flash in Google Chrome; but they can't do it quickly because so many websites still use it. They're basically dropping hints to developers all around the world by making it a user action to activate it, now.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information