Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

R.I.P. Glen Campbell

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
R.I.P. Glen Campbell
Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:07 pm
  • Just wanted to let yall know. Watched his program many a time back when I was young and growing up. Was on quite a few programs on Hee Haw.

As someone said, these are the times that try mens souls.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Re: R.I.P. Glen Campbell
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:10 pm

• Memories RIP Glen.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:28 pm
  • Was never my cup of tea growing up, but as time went on, I really enjoyed his music very much.
    Very sad to hear of his passing and yet, with his music, he'll never be forgotten.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:15 pm
  • R.I.P.

:{(
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:55 pm
  • One of my all-time favorites. Have at least 15 albums of him and saw him in concert twice. Such a rare gift of an absolute perfct pitched voice with a wide range and an equally phenomenal guitarist.

When I saw him live the 1st time he was playing behind his head ala Hendrix and doing an array of guitar tricks. Many don't realize he was one of the most sought after session guitarists in the 60s too-played on Sinatra, Elvis records and many others.

Alzheimer's is horrible. So glad I at least saw him on his final tour. Rest well Glen.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:47 pm
  • West TX Hawk wrote:One of my all-time favorites. Have at least 15 albums of him and saw him in concert twice. Such a rare gift of an absolute perfct pitched voice with a wide range and an equally phenomenal guitarist.

When I saw him live the 1st time he was playing behind his head ala Hendrix and doing an array of guitar tricks. Many don't realize he was one of the most sought after session guitarists in the 60s too-played on Sinatra, Elvis records and many others.

Alzheimer's is horrible. So glad I at least saw him on his final tour. Rest well Glen.

My wife has a Best of Glen Campbell CD, and I certainly grew to like it, after detesting "Rhinestone Cowboy" previously. Now I like it , but my favourite song on the album is "By The Time I Get To Phoenix."

Indeed Altzheimer's is horrible. When my dad passed away in 2013 (melanoma, terrifyingly fast), my mum had little idea what was going on at his funeral, and kept saying she wanted to go home. She passed away 12 months later, and was constantly asking me (and everyone) "Have you seen dad?" A couple of months before she died she had no idea who I was. :(
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:00 am
  • So good. Adios Glen.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:39 pm

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:07 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information