Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Sciency stuff...Carl Sagan how we know Earth is round...

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • and knew it over 2000 years ago.

(Note: flat earthers need not apply :) )

Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• That's pretty cool.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    NET Veteran

• Flat earthy stuff...how the sun works according to the flat earth model.

No joke.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• XxXdragonXxX wrote:Flat earthy stuff...how the sun works according to the flat earth model.

No joke.

Seems legit... I guess they don't account for moon phases, and seasons, and all of that relevant stuff. Are their tinfoil hats lined with lead or what?
    AAR - CJ Prosise RB/WR/??? - Notre Dame
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• TriCHawk wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:Flat earthy stuff...how the sun works according to the flat earth model.

No joke.

Seems legit... I guess they don't account for moon phases, and seasons, and all of that relevant stuff. Are their tinfoil hats lined with lead or what?

Theres a shadow object that the naked eye cant see that casts shadows on the moon. Obviously.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• I love a good conspiracy theory better than a lot of folks, but those who honestly believe the earth is flat in this day and age...Wow.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    TriCHawk wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:Flat earthy stuff...how the sun works according to the flat earth model.

No joke.

Theres a shadow object that the naked eye cant see that casts shadows on the moon. Obviously.

Oh yes, of course... That's not near as far-fetched as the Earth being a globe.
    AAR - CJ Prosise RB/WR/??? - Notre Dame
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• TriCHawk wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    TriCHawk wrote:

No joke.

Oh yes, of course... That's not near as far-fetched as the Earth being a globe.

Ive also heard a theory that the moon is lit up by some light emiting creatures that move around predictably creating the phases.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:I love a good conspiracy theory better than a lot of folks, but those who honestly believe the earth is flat in this day and age...Wow.

They believe that if they accepted the earth was a globe it would somehow blow their religious beliefs out of the water, even though millions of people believe in god and a globular earth, so obviously its not actually a trump card.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    Aros wrote:I love a good conspiracy theory better than a lot of folks, but those who honestly believe the earth is flat in this day and age...Wow.

They believe that if they accepted the earth was a globe it would somehow blow their religious beliefs out of the water, even though millions of people believe in god and a globular earth, so obviously its not actually a trump card.

Most of this current flat earth crowd doesn't have any basis in religion. They actually mock it. I have a friend who has listened to several messages within ear shot of me.

Seems like their case hinges on our perceptions being skewed by some grand conspiracy that the earth is round. Essentially, we're all duped. They're trying to open our eyes to all the conditioning.

I honestly thought it was some comedy routine when I first heard a message. It has done nothing to impress me since. Mike and Mike even discussed this for awhile and shared my sentiments.
    Fan since team Est. 1976
    Winner of 2013 and 2015 .net annual draft contests
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:21 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information