Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Mitch Levy arrested in prostitution sting

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • “I think its important to dispel the idea that these women are walking up and down Aurora,” Bellevue Police Captain Marcia Harden said. “That is not really the totality of what prostitution and human trafficking looks like.”

Harden continued:

“This is all done on the internet. And it’s done by text messages and apps and things like that.”

The arrests come on the heels of other wide-ranging prostitution arrests in Bellevue.

Local sports radio host Mitch Levy host was among those arrested, records show. He is charged with misdemeanor patronzing a prostitute, the Times reports.

Levy has a morning drive show on 950 KJR

http://q13fox.com/2017/09/01/more-than- ... adio-host/

:17:
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• Seen it on the news last night, So Mitch in the Morning should be interesting once they allow him back on the air :)

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Seen it on the news last night, So Mitch in the Morning should be interesting once they allow him back on the air :)

I doubt he'll be back. I think he is done. Judging from his personality it's not a real surprise.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Seen it on the news last night, So Mitch in the Morning should be interesting once they allow him back on the air :)

I doubt he'll be back. I think he is done. Judging from his personality it's not a real surprise.

Hopefully that is the case. Haven't listened to any part of any his shows in 5+ years, but when I caught shows before that it was typically a trash heap. They could really piss him off by bringing Jeff Aaron in to replace him.
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

• JustTheTip wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Seen it on the news last night, So Mitch in the Morning should be interesting once they allow him back on the air :)

Hopefully that is the case. Haven't listened to any part of any his shows in 5+ years, but when I caught shows before that it was typically a trash heap. They could really piss him off by bringing Jeff Aaron in to replace him.

Always liked the Fish, that would be a good get IMHO!

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• In these sort of things, it's easy to forget that Mitch was married with two boys...........so whatever I think of Mitch, which is not much, the dude had utter disdain for his listeners and Twitter followers, he now has royally messed up his marriage and family.

That's the sad part here for me.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:In these sort of things, it's easy to forget that Mitch was married with two boys...........so whatever I think of Mitch, which is not much, the dude had utter disdain for his listeners and Twitter followers, he now has royally messed up his marriage and family.

That's the sad part here for me.

Apparently he forgot he was married with 2 boys.
    I feel bad for his family no doubt, for him, nope. He is an arrogant a-hole.
    This isn't the first time, I guarantee it. He more than likely just lost his job over this and more importantly his family because of his actions.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• This is big for me as he is by far my favorite local on-air personality. Really the only one capable of nuanced, intelligent original thought. I think he's done. Advertisers have already bailed, and will continue to do so. That's the lifeblood of a radio station. I also feel awful for his family. This will always be out there. How do we feel about the Seattle Times calling him out on this? Why didn't they name the other 108 people?
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• Tical21 wrote: How do we feel about the Seattle Times calling him out on this? Why didn't they name the other 108 people?

They're just trying to sell papers. The real question is why do people care enough to take the time and read about gossip? Sure, it's a "crime", but it's not a crime anybody really gives a shit about. "oh no, some guy who hired a prostitute is walking down the street...hide the children!"
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Tical21 wrote: How do we feel about the Seattle Times calling him out on this? Why didn't they name the other 108 people?

I'd guess because he was the only well known name in the sting.

Do you really want to see a list of 107 dudes you've never heard of?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Dude is an arrogant prick, don't feel bad for him at all. Now his kids, that really sucks for them.
    So ironic after all that smack he talking about Tiger etc.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote: How do we feel about the Seattle Times calling him out on this? Why didn't they name the other 108 people?

They're just trying to sell papers. The real question is why do people care enough to take the time and read about gossip? Sure, it's a "crime", but it's not a crime anybody really gives a shit about. "oh no, some guy who hired a prostitute is walking down the street...hide the children!"

A. It's not gossip. He was arrested. That's a fact.

B. I'm sure there are a lot of people who care about this shit.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote: How do we feel about the Seattle Times calling him out on this? Why didn't they name the other 108 people?

It's about as useful as gossip. Knowing that somebody paid for sex doesn't really enhance anybody's life.

I just think people would be better off tuning out these kinds of stories. Some day, it might be us people want to play "gotcha' with.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• 108 other people had lawyers ahead of time.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:108 other people had lawyers ahead of time.

The lawyer is the least of Levy's problem now.

Yes for most working stiffs hiring a hooker isn't going to threaten their job, but for a high profile radio host, this is a death blow to his career........at least in Seattle. Maybe he can wait a year or two until this gets far enough in his rear view mirror to where a radio company somewhere else will take a chance on him.

But my guess is this is the last we've heard of Mitch in Seattle. I don't know of a TV or radio contract that doesn't include some sort of personal conduct clause.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• fenderbender123 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:

It's about as useful as gossip. Knowing that somebody paid for sex doesn't really enhance anybody's life.

I just think people would be better off tuning out these kinds of stories. Some day, it might be us people want to play "gotcha' with.

Then just say that.

Also, his family and place of employment probably care.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:

Then just say that.

Also, his family and place of employment probably care.

They care about the public perception. I doubt they care about the act itself.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• The family doesn't care?

And it's as assumptive of you to believe they only care about the public perception as it would be of them to assume the public does.

I mean I get the conversation you are trying, without much subtlety, to have (or more the point you are trying to make) but the law is pretty specific on this one.

There is another board somewhere for that conversation though.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:The family doesn't care?

And it's as assumptive of you to believe they only care about the public perception as it would be of them to assume the public does.

I mean I get the conversation you are trying, without much subtlety, to have (or more the point you are trying to make) but the law is pretty specific on this one.

Well, if he's married, I'm sure his wife and kids care. So I'll give you that. His employers care about their business, though. And this hurts their business because he's an entertainer, and it's bad publicity. My point is that this shouldn't be bad publicity, and the less we treat it as bad publicity, the more likely we are to get these laws changed.

I have the same opinion about what happened to Paul Reubens. Dude was followed and setup so that he could be busted for something that was technically illegal, and then he lost everything and was out of work for years and years. All for what? Nothing, really.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:
    Well, if he's married, I'm sure his wife and kids care. So I'll give you that. His employers care about their business, though. And this hurts their business because he's an entertainer, and it's bad publicity. My point is that this shouldn't be bad publicity, and the less we treat it as bad publicity, the more likely we are to get these laws changed..

If Mitch was single fender, I'd agree with you. I don't cast any moral judgement on prostitution, IMO it should be legal.

But Mitch is married with kids, so it's naive to think this shouldn't be bad publicity. My guess is a large part of KJR's demographic isn't down with married dudes hiring hookers, and therefore would stop listening to Mitch, in turn wrecking the ratings.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:
    Well, if he's married, I'm sure his wife and kids care. So I'll give you that. His employers care about their business, though. And this hurts their business because he's an entertainer, and it's bad publicity. My point is that this shouldn't be bad publicity, and the less we treat it as bad publicity, the more likely we are to get these laws changed..

If Mitch was single fender, I'd agree with you. I don't cast any moral judgement on prostitution, IMO it should be legal.

But Mitch is married with kids, so it's naive to think this shouldn't be bad publicity. My guess is a large part of KJR's demographic isn't down with married dudes hiring hookers, and therefore would stop listening to Mitch, in turn wrecking the ratings.

No you're right. I assumed he was single, and I don't know why.

Do you think people would stop listening to Mitch if he had sex with another woman, but didn't pay her for it?
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• If I remember correctly, Hugh Grant was caught with a hooker and went on the Tonight Show the very next night. Took a lot balls not to cancel that appearance. The ratings were through the roof, and it certainly wasn't the end of his career.

KJR's ratings are horrible. They generally have less than 5,000 listeners at any one time. I don't know if Mitch was on this morning, but if I were the program director he would have been.
    Green13
    NET Practice Squad

• fenderbender123 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:The family doesn't care?

Well, if he's married, I'm sure his wife and kids care. So I'll give you that. His employers care about their business, though. And this hurts their business because he's an entertainer, and it's bad publicity. My point is that this shouldn't be bad publicity, and the less we treat it as bad publicity, the more likely we are to get these laws changed.

I have the same opinion about what happened to Paul Reubens. Dude was followed and setup so that he could be busted for something that was technically illegal, and then he lost everything and was out of work for years and years. All for what? Nothing, really.

What's nothing to you is not the same for everyone else though. I may disagree with the law itself, but I can be certain that at my job, if I was caught doing something like that, or readily engaged and celebrated it, I would not be looked at the same by many of the people there. It would be a big disruption each day.

You're sailing on rough seas here. You're suggestion that if we treat an illicit act as normal than we will eventually normalize it is not a basis for whether that act in itself is right. Even in places where it is legal, it is still something that many many people will have a strong opinion on. That is not going to change.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Green13 wrote:If I remember correctly, Hugh Grant was caught with a hooker and went on the Tonight Show the very next night. Took a lot balls not to cancel that appearance. The ratings were through the roof, and it certainly wasn't the end of his career.

KJR's ratings are horrible. They generally have less than 5,000 listeners at any one time. I don't know if Mitch was on this morning, but if I were the program director he would have been.

1. There's a reason Grant disappeared from movies for a good decade after his hooker incident...........and it wasn't because he was tired of pulling in fat paychecks for doing RomCom's.

As with studios, I'd imagine radio conglomerates have to insure their personalities for personal conduct detrimental to profit margins. That's why they put conduct clauses in contracts.

2. I do agree that a LOT of people would have tuned into hear Mitch if he was on this morning (he wasn't btw, Dick Fain and Hugh Millen did the show this morning)........but that'd be short lived, and certainly not worth the backlash in future months.

Especially in a city like Seattle, you'd have conservative, city council members, the Times and women groups protesting the station. Awesome opportunity for these groups to get up on their soap boxes.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Uncle Si wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:The family doesn't care?

What's nothing to you is not the same for everyone else though. I may disagree with the law itself, but I can be certain that at my job, if I was caught doing something like that, or readily engaged and celebrated it, I would not be looked at the same by many of the people there. It would be a big disruption each day.

You're sailing on rough seas here. You're suggestion that if we treat an illicit act as normal than we will eventually normalize it is not a basis for whether that act in itself is right. Even in places where it is legal, it is still something that many many people will have a strong opinion on. That is not going to change.

Unless you're talking about cheating on your spouse, I disagree. I think many people think it's wrong BECAUSE it's illegal, as most people like to let the law do their thinking and guide their morals for them. If we left people to judge these acts on their own merits, then the logical conclusion would be that there's nothing that is more immoral about paying a woman for sex than there is any of the other ways a guy can consensually get laid.

I worked with a guy who was open about the fact that he went to Vegas every year and hired a prostitute, and that was the only sex he would have every year. I don't recall anyone judging him for it, other than in the eyes of some people it's seen as pathetic to have to pay for it. But really, some men just don't like the BS of trying to hook up with women, and would rather just pay for it straight up. At the end of the day, a man needs his sex.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Pretty small sample size Fender... and I'm sure many people could apply the same situation of your friend to their place and employment and get a completely different response.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:Pretty small sample size Fender... and I'm sure many people could apply the same situation of your friend to their place and employment and get a completely different response.

And those that would judge negatively are being stupid assholes. That's been my point all along. This isn't murder or theft we're talking about where there is little to no moral justification for. This was sex, and it was consensual. Why he did it and how he did it are of no consequence to us, and thus I don't think we should judge him for it, and we shouldn't react in a manner that causes a guy to lose his job. Hell, that job might be the only thing he's good at...the one thing he can offer to society. You take that away, and not only does he and his family suffer, but society suffers as well. Next thing you know he'll be scanning groceries down at Safeway, and he'll be slow as balls at it and make everyone pissed off. Know what I'm saying?

Back in the day, The Beatles did some pretty slimy things that were kept out of the media. And thank God they were, because if they had lost their recording contract and broken up after only 2 years, we would have lost out on hundreds of some of the greatest music ever recorded. The world would have lost because people are no good at handling their emotional reactions. A lot of people boycotted the Beatles after Lennon said they were more popular than Jesus. Imagine what they would have done had they found out about all the prostitutes they slept with, the (female) reporters that Lennon slapped, the 15 year old girls they slept with, etc. If we had taken away their platform to produce music and reach a wide audience, then that's the only thing that would have changed....they still would have been 4 bastards being the assholes they were.

Now, if you think Mitch sucks, then disregard what I posted above :)
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:108 other people had lawyers ahead of time.

Yes for most working stiffs hiring a hooker isn't going to threaten their job, but for a high profile radio host, this is a death blow to his career........at least in Seattle. Maybe he can wait a year or two until this gets far enough in his rear view mirror to where a radio company somewhere else will take a chance on him.

But my guess is this is the last we've heard of Mitch in Seattle. I don't know of a TV or radio contract that doesn't include some sort of personal conduct clause.

Marv Albert seemed to survive something worse. We shall see. I hate listening to him. He never gets to the point. He spends 5 minutes rephrasing, what is a stupid question in the first place, such as how much would he have to bet to earn $1 betting the Warriors make the playoffs, (actual radio event) while I'm waiting to hear Gregg Bell, someone with actual brain cells between his ears. Couldn't last and turned the channel.

Sorry for his family, but I won't miss him.
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

• StoneCold wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Marv Albert seemed to survive something worse. We shall see. I hate listening to him. He never gets to the point. He spends 5 minutes rephrasing, what is a stupid question in the first place, such as how much would he have to bet to earn $1 betting the Warriors make the playoffs, (actual radio event) while I'm waiting to hear Gregg Bell, someone with actual brain cells between his ears. Couldn't last and turned the channel.

I liked Mitch back in the day when he wasn't afraid to offend people and have some fun. He'd hit on Sue Bird, he'd have his Bigger Dance talking about hot chicks, etc.

But either he got talked to about toning that part of his personality down, or he just decided he wanted to take the show in a different direction. Either way as soon as 710 Sports started, I bailed on Mitch.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• fenderbender123 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Pretty small sample size Fender... and I'm sure many people could apply the same situation of your friend to their place and employment and get a completely different response.

And those that would judge negatively are being stupid assholes. That's been my point all along. This isn't murder or theft we're talking about where there is little to no moral justification for. This was sex, and it was consensual. Why he did it and how he did it are of no consequence to us, and thus I don't think we should judge him for it, and we shouldn't react in a manner that causes a guy to lose his job. Hell, that job might be the only thing he's good at...the one thing he can offer to society. You take that away, and not only does he and his family suffer, but society suffers as well. Next thing you know he'll be scanning groceries down at Safeway, and he'll be slow as balls at it and make everyone pissed off. Know what I'm saying?

Back in the day, The Beatles did some pretty slimy things that were kept out of the media. And thank God they were, because if they had lost their recording contract and broken up after only 2 years, we would have lost out on hundreds of some of the greatest music ever recorded. The world would have lost because people are no good at handling their emotional reactions. A lot of people boycotted the Beatles after Lennon said they were more popular than Jesus. Imagine what they would have done had they found out about all the prostitutes they slept with, the (female) reporters that Lennon slapped, the 15 year old girls they slept with, etc. If we had taken away their platform to produce music and reach a wide audience, then that's the only thing that would have changed....they still would have been 4 bastards being the assholes they were.

Now, if you think Mitch sucks, then disregard what I posted above :)

Jesus...

Yes. The general public will come to accept any act, no matter how deprave, if inundated with it. Just understand that is the foundation of your argument: given enough time and constant opportunity, humans will normalize anything.

And seriously.. I know you're smart... but The Beatles to Legalized Prostitution (great name for a band) in two moves shows how little thought you've actually spent on the topic. Challenging the deep roots of human culture may take more effort than "I had a friend who..,"

Anyways.. this guy broke the law and in effect has hurt his family. Let's keep the topic on him from here on out
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• He had sex with someone, if he had not paid for it then it would not be illegal, why the whole morality of it is wrong, married or not. Besides I will bet with his ego this is his out in the first place, I would bet his wife has survived a lot of affairs over the years.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I find it pretty interesting that he was one of the more outspoken local sports radio personalities when Tiger was going through his marital affair drama. I remember him poking joke after joke about strippers, porn stars and hookers yet here he is.

Shouldn't throw stones...

I really hope thy shit can him, not because of this but because he just really isn't that interesting to listen to. I'd rather listen to Dick Fain & Slickhawk on my way in.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

• Hawk_Nation wrote:I really hope thy shit can him, not because of this but because he just really isn't that interesting to listen to. I'd rather listen to Dick Fain & Slickhawk on my way in.

Now I've heard it all.
    I'm fly
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:He had sex with someone, if he had not paid for it then it would not be illegal, why the whole morality of it is wrong, married or not. Besides I will bet with his ego this is his out in the first place, I would bet his wife has survived a lot of affairs over the years.

Should we just conveniently brush past the whole trafficking thing?
    I'm fly
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• StoneCold wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Wait, wait, wait. My friend, Gregg Bell over Mitch Levy? The facepalming never ends. I like Gregg Bell. Nice reporter. Gets some get facts. Ohh, I
    I'm fly
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• Tical21 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:He had sex with someone, if he had not paid for it then it would not be illegal, why the whole morality of it is wrong, married or not. Besides I will bet with his ego this is his out in the first place, I would bet his wife has survived a lot of affairs over the years.

Trafficking would be much less prevalent and easier to attack from a law enforcement angle if adult prostitution was legalized nationwide. Just sayin'. I think we know how well it works when you try to stop something by simply making it illegal...
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Okay I think I get it now. If something is illegal, it must be immoral. Kind of like how it was illegal to oppose Hitler back in WW2. You guys are right. Mitch is a terrible person. He should have just not paid for sex and instead had sex by sweet talking a random ho at the bar. Thanks for opening up my eyes. I love you.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Green13 wrote:If I remember correctly, Hugh Grant was caught with a hooker and went on the Tonight Show the very next night. Took a lot balls not to cancel that appearance. The ratings were through the roof, and it certainly wasn't the end of his career.

1. There's a reason Grant disappeared from movies for a good decade after his hooker incident...........and it wasn't because he was tired of pulling in fat paychecks for doing RomCom's.

As with studios, I'd imagine radio conglomerates have to insure their personalities for personal conduct detrimental to profit margins. That's why they put conduct clauses in contracts.

2. I do agree that a LOT of people would have tuned into hear Mitch if he was on this morning (he wasn't btw, Dick Fain and Hugh Millen did the show this morning)........but that'd be short lived, and certainly not worth the backlash in future months.

Especially in a city like Seattle, you'd have conservative, city council members, the Times and women groups protesting the station. Awesome opportunity for these groups to get up on their soap boxes.

Hugh Grant was busted in '95. He has made countless movies since then, every year with the exception of '97. Some of those movies have made $250,000,000+.

There was no discernible backlash for Hugh Grant, and he certainly wasn't absent for a decade.

I haven't listened to Mitch in years, I'm just saying, this may be the end, but it doesn't have to be.
    Last edited by kidhawk on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Removed Political Reference
    Green13
    NET Practice Squad

• Tical21 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:He had sex with someone, if he had not paid for it then it would not be illegal, why the whole morality of it is wrong, married or not. Besides I will bet with his ego this is his out in the first place, I would bet his wife has survived a lot of affairs over the years.

Trafficking is a different matter, bringing in people to be slaves to a organization be it sex, making water bottles or the Nike shoes we wear. They shock you with "Sex trafficking" but it's all the same, someone forced to do something against their will. If we treated the people doing this harshly and with a finality maybe risk versus reward would be thought of differently.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• So did he get fired or what?
    endzorn
    NET Veteran

• FWIW, the iHeartRadio app has changed the podcast to KJr Morning Show and it's a picture of Dick Fain and Slickhawk.
    endzorn
    NET Veteran

• endzorn wrote:FWIW, the iHeartRadio app has changed the podcast to KJr Morning Show and it's a picture of Dick Fain and Slickhawk.

Saw some tweets yesterday from Puckett telling a couple of his Twitter followers that nothing's been ironed out yet as to what's going on, but it's "understandably complicated."

If I had to guess, KJR will probably move Softy to the morning slot, and find a new afternoon host, either in house or a new talent.

One thing I know, I can't think of a scenario where Mitch continues in this market. There'd be woman's groups all over the local news protesting and kicking KJR in the nuts for allowing Mitch to keep his job.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Please no Softy!!
    I'm fly
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information