Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Layne Staley's condo

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Layne Staley's condo
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:11 pm
  • Randomly came across this today, the condo Layne overdosed in, its on the market atm.

I don't know why I find this so interesting. As a kid who was 18 in 1991, I was all in on all the Seattle music stuff. So I've been by this condo, and looked at the building years ago. I've been by Kurt's old house, and the bench at the park next door, etc.

Anyways, if anyone else is interested:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4528 ... lpage=true
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Re: Layne Staley's condo
Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:28 pm
  • $756 a month HOA fees. Yikes
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:41 pm
  • Msfann wrote:$756 a month HOA fees. Yikes

That's just ridiculous. Looks like the place sold for about $800k. 1 bed, 1 bath 1535 sq ft. It's really not that impressive except for the location, if you enjoy living in downtown. Couldn't tell if there's a nice view or not.

I remember reading about Stayley's final months where he became skinny as a rail, 100lb or less and would wander around the neighborhood in a constant heroin induced daze. There was a story he frequently slumped into a coffee shop, dressed almost like a hobo and sat there for hours. I read that friends would try to help, ring his door but he stopped answering and caring. He eventually just wilted away shooting up in that condo, only answering the door for his dealer. From what I read-if this is true, when they finally found his body in there...he had been dead 2 weeks and there were multiple needles sticking in this frail corpse's arms. Very disturbing if true. And a sad way for a truly northwest legend to die. Outstanding, unique voice.

Moral of the story-lay off the smack kids.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:10 am
  • Interesting, the listing has changed. Oh it sold. Those pics on there now aren't what was posted before....

Redfin still has the pics up, its actually pretty nice if you see the updated pics. https://www.redfin.com/WA/Seattle/4528- ... home/40837

But yea, he'd visit the Blue Moon, which is right around the corner. And sit in a booth all alone..... incredibly sad.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information