Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Tom Petty, legendary rocker, is dead at 66

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Tom Petty, legendary rocker, is dead at 66
Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:14 pm
  • Tom Petty, the rocker best known as the frontman of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, is dead at 66, CBS News has confirmed.

The legendary musician suffered a full cardiac arrest and was found unconscious and not breathing in his Malibu home Sunday night. He was taken to UCLA Santa Monica Hospital and put on life support, reports TMZ.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tom-petty- ... d=43025457

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Dang. Another Legend gone! RIP TP.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Wow. RIP. I'm not a big music guy, but I always liked Tom Petty.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• RIP. Not a big fan but an admirer of his contributions to the music world.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Apparently still alive...
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, truly bizarre reporting. I'm hoping for the best. But being brain dead and the family having a DNR in place. It doesn't sound like it will end well. :pray:
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:Yeah, truly bizarre reporting. I'm hoping for the best. But being brain dead and the family having a DNR in place. It doesn't sound like it will end well. :pray:

That’s odd if true, he shouldn’t be on a ventilator if there’s a DNR in place.

Maybe California is different than the places I’ve paid attention too.

RIP

:{(
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Ron Dodson
    46 mins ·
    What's really frustrating is I never take anything at first glance. I usually check about 3 (at least) media sources before I repost anything. Everything I was seeing at the time was saying that he had been removed from life support and had no brain activity. Basically that means he's not been declared dead yet because his body is still functioning. I'm not sure if that was also in error and he is not even in need of life support or if this is in fact the case. When the big-name media gets it wrong you really know you're messed up.

Ron Cabucio
    2 hrs · Fall River, MA ·
    So, currently (as of the last 3 hours) Tom Petty is reportedly both off Life Support and possibly still on Life Support according to whom one reads. The LAPD is both claiming that Petty's death information was inadvertently and inaccurately sent to CBS and also that they never released ANY information at all. (THIS is called covering all the bases.) As it stands, it is not expected for him to survive but one can never know! All people can do is hope for the best (whatever that may be) and realize what is best here will hopefully manifest. Sadly, I expect we will all be doing this again in a few days. Having said that, there appears to be little to no brain activity in this story somewhere but it indeed may not be Mr. Petty.

I'm not seeing anything about a DNR being in place now either. Maybe that's why thy took him off Life Support, but he's still alive.

This is just so messed up. :34853_doh:
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• NOW it seems to be true.

The family’s spokeswoman, publicist Carla Sacks, released this statement Monday night: “On behalf of the Tom Petty family, we are devastated to announce the untimely death of of our father, husband, brother, leader and friend Tom Petty. He suffered cardiac arrest at his home in Malibu in the early hours of this morning and was taken to UCLA Medical Center but could not be revived. He died peacefully at 8:40 p.m. PT surrounded by family, his bandmates and friends.— Tony Dimitriades, longtime manager of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers on behalf of the family.”

Petty’s manager Tony Dimitriades confirmed Petty’s death.

After his collapse at his home, Petty was transported to UCLA Santa Monica Hospital where he was reportedly placed on life support. TMZ reported he was taken off life support when no brain activity could be found.

http://q13fox.com/2017/10/02/rock-legen ... ead-at-66/
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• I always wanted to see him at the Gorge, he would play there every couple of years, and now I can't because I waited too long... :(

RIP, Mr. Petty.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• I saw him at the arena and at the Tacoma Dome in the 80's and 90's. I think one was for Damn The Torpedoes and the other for Southern Accents. Both great shows.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• This is one of my favorites, Loved the whole Damn the Torpedos Album but this was the first song that really made me a fan.

RIP Tom, sadly we are losing my generations Icons in music and film almost weekly or daily these days.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Aros wrote:RIP. Not a big fan but an admirer of his contributions to the music world.

Same 100%
    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."---LP Hartley
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran

• IMO what made Petty great was his stubbornness.

While other great american bands were either a hot mess and breaking up, or trying to conform to the new genres of music, Petty was just Petty. He even wrote one of his best songs, Won't Back Down in response to his record company asking him to change his style in the 80's to conform to the new flavor of the decade....................and I admire that about any artist, musician or band.

He also doesn't get enough credit for how many great videos he made. Really nailed the 5 minute movie style of filming his songs tapping into the songs feel and meaning. While most bands were just doing cheesy cheap looking soundstage videos with bimbos dancing in the background, Petty wanted to elevate the medium.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Saw him at a really cool show at Hec Ed in the mid-80s. Warmup band couldn't play for some reason. Petty came out and said he wanted everyone to get their money's worth, so he'd play 2 full sets. And they rocked it for like 3 hours. They pretty much ran out of songs, so they played a few strange covers and actually took a couple crowd requests to close out the show.

Cool dude. He will be missed.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information