Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Blade Runner 2049

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Blade Runner 2049
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:25 am
  • Anybody else planning on or already go see it? I saw it last night and thought it was both a fantastic movie for 2017 and a GREAT sequel to the original. The existential questions, the themes of humanity, love, uniqueness and parallels to what younger generations and our planet are currently facing in this day and age.

It might not be for everyone, but it's the best movie I've seen in theaters in years. Denis Villeneuve has catapulted himself into the upper-echelon of directors with his last three major films (Sicario, Arrival and now Blade Runner 2049 - and I'm not trying to take anything away from Enemy or Prisoners which were fantastic in their own right). I can't wait to see what he does with Dune.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Re: Blade Runner 2049
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:52 pm
  • I don't rate it as highly as you do, but I thought it was good. The next one should be better.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:21 am
  • Bladerunner had a couple nitpicky plot device tropes that annoy me, but it's one of the most beautifully shot films I've ever seen.

For the cinematography alone people need to check it out in the theater. It's incredible. But like the first movie, it's a slow burn sci-fi dystopian type movie. So make sure you understand that going in, this isn't your typical action sci-fi movie.

And IMO that's a good thing, and even at a three hour runtime, it never felt long because the story stayed compelling throughout the entire movie.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:05 am
  • The first cut was 4 hours in two parts, so I'm hoping there's an eventual physical release that has all of that cut content in it, like the original got with Ridley's director's cut. And just like the original, there's a lot of little world-building details that might not make sense because there isn't hand-holding context to go with them. It wasn't meant to be a blockbuster, it was meant to be a piece of art, so in time it will probably be a cult hit just like its predecessor in that regard. It's too bad that most people that aren't familiar with hard sci-fi will probably just see it as a box office bomb.

It has its faults (time constraints always water down the content), but it's one of the only movies I've bothered to spend money on this year.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information