Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

R.I.P Gord Downie

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
R.I.P Gord Downie
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:26 pm
  • Lyricist and front man for The Tragically Hip passed away from brain cancer on the 17th.

While The hip are not widely known in the US, they have a massive following in Canada. Downie's blend of quirkines and though-provoking poetry made The Tragically Hip a relevant band that was insanely good in live performances. I had the pleasure of seeing them in a small venue in San Luis Obispo, California and it was an incredible night.

Rest in peace, Gord - you will be missed.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: R.I.P Gord Downie
Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:04 pm
  • There's an incredible documentary airing on Canadian television tonight with the Hip's final tour as the subject. If you had to define Canada by using, say, a body of musical work, it would be these guys,
    their songs, and their performances.
    Palmegranite
    NET Rookie

Re: R.I.P Gord Downie
Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:30 pm
  • The band's last concert was televised ad free from their home town of Kingston coast to coast. The last concert I can recall that packed as big an emotional punch for me was when The Who saved New York City with their performance for the firefighters and police and their families after 9/11.
    Palmegranite
    NET Rookie

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:56 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information