Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Discovery Channel revives 'American Chopper' after 5 years

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Not sure how I feel about this. Hopefully I can trust what Paul Jr. says. :3-1:

In the new show, the duo “set out reclaim their preeminent bike brands and – hopefully, rebuild some sort of relationship … with A-list celebrities, world famous athletes and Forbes 100 businesses as clients, millions of dollars and their brands’ reputations are on the line with every signature build.”

An update on the duo from Discovery: “The Teutuls have been on a wild ride, and it certainly isn’t ending anytime soon. Paul Sr. has revamped Orange County Choppers – turning it into a complex with a shop, café, bowling alley, restaurant and of course, the showroom – but all that didn’t come without a hefty price tag and he is feeling the burden of a high overhead and a lack of foot traffic. Meanwhile, Paul Jr. has also felt the sting of a rough economy – with his business built solely on high-dollar custom-builds and commissions becoming tougher to come by, Paul Jr. stresses about the long-term stability of his own shop, Paul Jr. Designs especially now that he has his own family.”

“American Chopper was one of Discovery’s most popular series ever,” said Rich Ross, Group President of Discovery. “Everyone is eager to see what the Teutul family has been up to. This winter, you’ll find out.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/18/american-ch ... y-channel/
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• I wonder how much the people on all these car and bike building shows get paid for their TV time? They make out like every build is do-or-die for the business, but I can't imagine they're doing the shows for free. Not counting endorsements, just TV pay.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• I watched this show when it first came out, but like most "TV dramas" as time went on the more their personal drama came into effect. Pretty soon it was less and less about bikes, and more and more about Jr. and Sr. bickering.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

• Hawk_Nation wrote:I watched this show when it first came out, but like most "TV dramas" as time went on the more their personal drama came into effect. Pretty soon it was less and less about bikes, and more and more about Jr. and Sr. bickering.

Yep. I enjoyed the show (Loved the original Black Widow Bike) and I don’t even ride.
    ....but the dysfunctional father-son relationship drama got old real fast.

I can see that type of dysfunction anytime I want at my day job, and at least there I’m getting paid to deal with that crap.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I used to really enjoy the show but it started down this path and got old really quick.

BEVELL IS THE DEVIL
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

• Rough economy? What?

Seems more likely that Paul Sr. made some really stupid investment decisions for the shop space and now he needs a new revenue stream (the show) to make ends meet.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• Oh good, grown men throwing temper tantrums on TV. It's basically the real housewives of where ever except with bikes instead of high heels.

I don't understand the appeal of this at all.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information