Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Where do you think the cheese should go?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Where do you think the cheese should go?
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:52 am
  • :snack:

Google has a lot going on right now. The company is launching its flagship Pixel 2 smart phone, teaching supercomputers how to play board games, developing self-driving cars, delivering Wi-Fi from weather balloons - and doing all the other Google stuff, like running YouTube and Gmail and Search.

But Google’s CEO Sundar Pichai has promised to drop everything Monday to address a major issue: the cheese in Google’s hamburger emoji is in a weird place.

The debate started when media consultant Thomas Baekdal tweeted that “we need to have a discussion” about the difference between how the ingredients are arranged in Apple’s and Google’s emoji versions of a hamburger. Apple places the cheese directly on top of the meat patty, while Google’s slice is way at the bottom, resting on the bun.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nati ... 1.html#fmp
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Both

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Apple has it perfect, lettuce on bottom as a barrier between making the bottom bun soggy by the meat juices..........and obviously cheese goes on top, as you grilled it that way.

GO HOME GOOGLE, UR DRUNK AGAIN.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• You're all wrong. Cheese goes in the garbage, where bad food belongs. Except for mozzarella.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• If I'm actually eating a hamburger, the cheese goes on top. If I'm looking at a hamburger emoji, the one with the cheese on the bottom hits the eye a bit better. Sorry Apple, but you lose again.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:You're all wrong. Cheese goes in the garbage, where bad food belongs. Except for mozzarella.

What the wat.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:Apple has it perfect, lettuce on bottom as a barrier between making the bottom bun soggy by the meat juices..........and obviously cheese goes on top, as you grilled it that way.

GO HOME GOOGLE, UR DRUNK AGAIN.

Bingo.

Maulbert... you're one sick individual, my friend.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• I'd say that Apple's is more aesthetically pleasing, but Google's is more realistically portrayed.

Kind of sums up the two companies in a lot of ways actually, lol.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:I'd say that Apple's is more aesthetically pleasing, but Google's is more realistically portrayed.

I don't think I've ever seen a cheeseburger with the cheese on top of the bottom bun instead of on top of the hamburger patty. Doesn't seem very realistically portrayed to me.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I'd say that Apple's is more aesthetically pleasing, but Google's is more realistically portrayed.

I don't think I've ever seen a cheeseburger with the cheese on top of the bottom bun instead of on top of the hamburger patty. Doesn't seem very realistically portrayed to me.

This. Roland has it backwards. Google's looks better, but Apple's is how you'd want an actual cheeseburger that you're going to eat.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I'd say that Apple's is more aesthetically pleasing, but Google's is more realistically portrayed.

You've never been to my house. My wife isn't a fan of toppings on her burger. She likes Cheese and bbq sauce and that's it. I put the cheese on til it just starts melting then flip the burger when it goes on the bun, making the cheese on the bottom so the bun doesn't get soggy. Works out pretty good for her that way.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of cheese, and I wouldn't mind seeing the burger sandwiched with cheese, because quality cheese is just that good.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• kidhawk wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

You've never been to my house. My wife isn't a fan of toppings on her burger. She likes Cheese and bbq sauce and that's it. I put the cheese on til it just starts melting then flip the burger when it goes on the bun, making the cheese on the bottom so the bun doesn't get soggy. Works out pretty good for her that way.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of cheese, and I wouldn't mind seeing the burger sandwiched with cheese, because quality cheese is just that good.

But even in your scenario, you're melting the cheese on the hamburger patty first. Look at Google's burger again. It looks like the cheese was melted on the bottom bun. You can see the corners of the slice of cheese melting down the side of the bun. Again, doesn't seem realistically portrayed at all to me and that was my only point.

I like the idea of burger sandwiched in cheese though. I'd say, toast both sides of the bun. Then put a slice of cheese on the inside of both the top bun and the bottom bun. Then melt the cheese on to the buns under the broiler. Yeah, I'm going to have to try that next time I grill some burgers. :)
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

But even in your scenario, you're melting the cheese on the hamburger patty first. Look at Google's burger again. It looks like the cheese was melted on the bottom bun. You can see the corners of the slice of cheese melting down the side of the bun. Again, doesn't seem realistically portrayed at all to me and that was my only point.

I like the idea of burger sandwiched in cheese though. I'd say, toast both sides of the bun. Then put a slice of cheese on the inside of both the top bun and the bottom bun. Then melt the cheese on to the buns under the broiler. Yeah, I'm going to have to try that next time I grill some burgers. :)

My wife likes her cheese VERY melted, so that's what I do for her. For me, I take mine off the grill and add the cheese immediately and let the heat from the meat start to melt the cheese, but leave some nice texture to it. I do usually toast the buns on the grill (again for texture) but the wife likes hers plain. I guess I'm saying we all like what we like (and honestly I don't care about the burger emoji but I do like talking burgers :irishdrinkers:

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• For me it's gotta be Tillamook cheddar cheese. Nothing better for a cheeseburger IMO. Also must have butcher shop quality, thick sliced, black pepper crusted bacon.

:drool:
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a cheeseburger with the cheese on top of the bottom bun instead of on top of the hamburger patty. Doesn't seem very realistically portrayed to me.

I was referring to basically everything except that part of it. It's not as uniform and fake-looking; the lettuce, tomato, etc.

In other words, Google's looks less staged. When's the last time you ordered a burger where one slice of tomato was exactly the same size as the bun, meat patty, and lettuce?
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Chapow wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a cheeseburger with the cheese on top of the bottom bun instead of on top of the hamburger patty. Doesn't seem very realistically portrayed to me.

I was referring to basically everything except that part of it. It's not as uniform and fake-looking; the lettuce, tomato, etc.

In other words, Google's looks less staged. When's the last time you ordered a burger where one slice of tomato was exactly the same size as the bun, meat patty, and lettuce?

Ah, I see. I'd have to agree that the lettuce and tomato seem more realistically portrayed on the Google one. I didn't really notice anything else besides their super weird choice of cheese location. :)
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, the cheese location is just weird, but everything else about it is more realistic; and the cheese is melted in the Google one, not in the Apple one.

...Also, holy Christ, how is this an actual discussion?! Lol.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:Yeah, the cheese location is just weird, but everything else about it is more realistic; and the cheese is melted in the Google one, not in the Apple one.

Only you can get in a pissing contest over where cheese goes on a Hamburger, besides you probably eat Tofu or Veggie Burgers anyway.
    Last edited by KitsapGuy on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Language

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Yeah, the cheese location is just weird, but everything else about it is more realistic; and the cheese is melted in the Google one, not in the Apple one.

Only you can get in a pissing contest over where cheese goes on a Hamburger, besides you probably eat Tofu or Veggie Burgers anyway.

I didn't start this thread, AND it was already an argument before I put my first reply in! :) I've also only tried tofu once in my life...definitely not my thing. I have tried veggie burgers twice I think, one of them was actually halfway decent.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Both are wrong. Cheese goes on top of the bun to melt it completely, and the lettuce goes on top of the tomatoes, onions, and jalapeños. Those arguing that lettuce on the bottom prevents a soggy burger bottom can take solace in the fact that it prevents the tomatoes from making the top burger soggy.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:Both are wrong. Cheese goes on top of the bun to melt it completely, and the lettuce goes on top of the tomatoes, onions, and jalapeños. Those arguing that lettuce on the bottom prevents a soggy burger bottom can take solace in the fact that it prevents the tomatoes from making the top burger soggy.

On top of the bun? What the hell is going on here?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• They're both wrong. Keep lettuce and tomatoes away from my burger please.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• I don't know about you guys, but I'm definitely from the 'Melted cheese goes on the patty' universe.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:Both are wrong. Cheese goes on top of the bun to melt it completely, and the lettuce goes on top of the tomatoes, onions, and jalapeños. Those arguing that lettuce on the bottom prevents a soggy burger bottom can take solace in the fact that it prevents the tomatoes from making the top burger soggy.

On top of the bun? What the hell is going on here?

*On top of the meat. Hey, I was drunk enough to reply to this thread!
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• The only thing that matters is, NO mustard, and the cheese goes next to the meat.
    Under the meat or on top of it is a mute point.

Oh yea, and the bun must be toasted.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Everyone happy now? Probably Not :stirthepot:

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• So I finally got around to making a cheeseburger with the cheese melted on the bun. I tell ya, it was a lot of trial and error figuring out how to get a bottom burger bun hot enough to melt a piece of cheese on it without also ruining the bun. But after I figured out a solution for that, I was finally able to complete my burger with cheese melted on the bottom.

All in all, I'd say it was a vastly more enjoyable eating experience. I didn't realize how much of a difference it makes to have the cheese hit your taste buds first with every bite. When the cheese is melted on top, one must chew through the meat first, and by then you've already chewed up a lot of the other contents, which means most of your chewing experience resulted in no application of cheese on the tastebuds. Pathetic.

In conclusion, I can't believe we've all been making cheeseburgers wrong this whole time. I recommend that everyone switch to melting the cheese on the bottom bun. Let's give the artist at Google some credit for helping us realize that hamburgers don't always have to made the way we're used to, and of course even more credit to me for actually testing this idea out instead of ridiculing it, and proving that it is actually a superior way to make a cheeseburger, and then of course for making this post to share with the entire world.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• I personally like the google one cause its not on a crappy iphone.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• This thread gave me the hiv.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:This thread gave me the hiv.

Damn, not the old ebola!
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Zebulon Dak wrote:This thread gave me the hiv.

No, that was a preexisting condition caused by your iPhone. Insurance is refusing coverage, good sir.

:salute:
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:This thread gave me the hiv.

No, that was a preexisting condition caused by your iPhone. Insurance is refusing coverage, good sir.

:salute:

Frankly, I'm offended that you would imply that I have an iPhone. Ew. Gross. No.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:Frankly, I'm offended that you would imply that I have an iPhone. Ew. Gross. No.

:lol:
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:57 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information