Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Exercise For People Over 60

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Exercise For People Over 60
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:54 pm

:snack:
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Re: Exercise For People Over 60
Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:05 pm
  • I laughed.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:11 pm

Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:27 pm
  • Les would be proud. :)

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:34 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Les would be proud. :)

First thing that came to my mind.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:51 pm
  • That's pretty good. :) While it does remind me of Les also, this is a better grade of joke than most of what he posted, lol.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:00 pm
  • I guess I don't get it. Regardless if there's potatoes in those bags, it is saying that those bags weigh 5, 10, 50, and 100 pounds.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:13 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:I guess I don't get it. Regardless if there's potatoes in those bags, it is saying that those bags weigh 5, 10, 50, and 100 pounds.

Your ability to process the grammar in that picture is sub-par. It's referring specifically to the bags. Replace the pounds with colors, for example.

"With a red potato bag in each hand," etc. They aren't multi-pound bags of potatoes.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:19 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:I guess I don't get it. Regardless if there's potatoes in those bags, it is saying that those bags weigh 5, 10, 50, and 100 pounds.

The difference is in the phrasing....here it says 10 lb potato bag (as in the bag big enough to hold 10 lbs of potatoes). If it said 10 lb bag of potatoes then it would still weigh 10 lbs (plus the bag)

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:50 am
  • Wouldn't a 5-lb potato bag and a 10-lb potato bag be the same size bag, but one would have 5-lbs of potatos in it, whereas the other would have 10-lbs of potatoes in it? Or are there actual potato bags out there specifically made to hold 5, 10, and 15 lbs of potatos, and no more? Because if so, I wasn't aware of such a fact about potatos.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:59 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:Wouldn't a 5-lb potato bag and a 10-lb potato bag be the same size bag, but one would have 5-lbs of potatos in it, whereas the other would have 10-lbs of potatoes in it? Or are there actual potato bags out there specifically made to hold 5, 10, and 15 lbs of potatos, and no more? Because if so, I wasn't aware of such a fact about potatos.

No need to over-analyse this. :smilingalien:
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 am
  • KitsapGuy wrote:No need to over-analyse this. :smilingalien:

No kidding! LOL

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:11 pm
  • I think I get it now....is it because potatoes are brown and funny looking?
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:55 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:I think I get it now....is it because potatoes are brown and funny looking?

No, it's because your brain is like 5 pounds of potatoes in a 10 pound bag.

;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:23 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:I think I get it now....is it because potatoes are brown and funny looking?

Quit being 'that guy'. It's not funny.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:59 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:I think I get it now....is it because potatoes are brown and funny looking?

Quit being 'that guy'. It's not funny.

If I don't make it obvious that I'm just messin' around, people will actually think I'm that stupid. Years of message board experience.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:09 pm
  • All joking aside, as soon as I hit 50, and noticed how bad off I was... and how far I'd let myself go, I was pretty depressed.

Now, I have severe crippling arthritis so exercise is a real difficult thing-- but my wife bought me this book called Younger Next Year, and I started realizing I was on the road to dead by 55... heart attack or stroke, so I went hardcore against my trend.

I hit the pool not 3 days a week, but 7 days a week.

45 minute swims became 90 minute swims.

I went from eating 1800 calories a day... down to 1200 calories per day, mostly pure protein and protein shakes.

I saw some good results.

Then I got REAL serious.

90 minute swims became an average of 120 minutes.

I started tolerating 900 calories per day. ... I dropped 60 lbs in 4 months.

Then I got even more serious... I was starving to death, but more than that I didn't want to break, I didn't want to give up all that I gained, so at the end of September this year I had a Gastric Sleeve -- had 85% of my stomach removed.

Now I eat 500 calories a day and it feels like too much. Now my average swim is 150 minutes, which is how long it takes me to get to 2 miles.

I've lost 135 lbs since my birthday this past march. Only 65 lbs to go, and I'll be the same weight I was when I was 19 years old. I should be there by my 51st birthday.

I feel freaking great. I plan on being in perfect shape at 60 years old. :)
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:30 am
  • The_Z_Man wrote:All joking aside, as soon as I hit 50, and noticed how bad off I was... and how far I'd let myself go, I was pretty depressed.

Now, I have severe crippling arthritis so exercise is a real difficult thing-- but my wife bought me this book called Younger Next Year, and I started realizing I was on the road to dead by 55... heart attack or stroke, so I went hardcore against my trend.

I hit the pool not 3 days a week, but 7 days a week.

45 minute swims became 90 minute swims.

I went from eating 1800 calories a day... down to 1200 calories per day, mostly pure protein and protein shakes.

I saw some good results.

Then I got REAL serious.

90 minute swims became an average of 120 minutes.

I started tolerating 900 calories per day. ... I dropped 60 lbs in 4 months.

Then I got even more serious... I was starving to death, but more than that I didn't want to break, I didn't want to give up all that I gained, so at the end of September this year I had a Gastric Sleeve -- had 85% of my stomach removed.

Now I eat 500 calories a day and it feels like too much. Now my average swim is 150 minutes, which is how long it takes me to get to 2 miles.

I've lost 135 lbs since my birthday this past march. Only 65 lbs to go, and I'll be the same weight I was when I was 19 years old. I should be there by my 51st birthday.

I feel freaking great. I plan on being in perfect shape at 60 years old. :)

After you feel confident at that level, try swimming with a potato.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:24 am
  • All this amazing (and hilarious) nitpicking about different types of potato bags, etc reminds me of something that people I know who are far, far better at finding stuff on the Net than me have not found.

Many years ago, sometimes in breaks during NFL games telecast in Australia, they would have these hilarious voice-overs, in front of actual footage. I don't know what TV channel or network they were on in the US.

I can only muddily remember bits of three of them, and I'm hoping some folks can also remember them, and (gasp!) find them, if they are out there.

One was footage of a person on the sidelines fiddling with a pile of footballs. In the voice-over he asks the head coach "what are these, Coach?" The coach yells "They're footballs, you idiot! This is the last time I hire a temp!"

Another was, I recall, Brett Favre talking to an official on the field about something (maybe the ball spot). The official points to the stands and holds his arms out, like he's describing the size of a fish he caught. In the voice-over, Favre asks the official where the washroom is, and the official points "to it" and says "but you can only fit in there if your backside is less than this wide" [measurement].

But the one that the delightful silliness in this thread reminded me of was a coach talking quite intensively to several players seated on the bench. The voice-over indicated the coach was having trouble getting the players to understand his instructions. He said some thing like "Well, suppose you are a farmer, and you have to get your apples on to a train somewhere"... one of the players says "but Coach, this isn't the time of year for apples, it's far too late in the season."
    Coach switches to other hypotheticals, which the players in turn refute, and so on...

Anyone remember what I'm babbling about, please?
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:07 am
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:All this amazing (and hilarious) nitpicking about different types of potato bags, etc reminds me of something that people I know who are far, far better at finding stuff on the Net than me have not found.

Many years ago, sometimes in breaks during NFL games telecast in Australia, they would have these hilarious voice-overs, in front of actual footage. I don't know what TV channel or network they were on in the US.

I can only muddily remember bits of three of them, and I'm hoping some folks can also remember them, and (gasp!) find them, if they are out there.

One was footage of a person on the sidelines fiddling with a pile of footballs. In the voice-over he asks the head coach "what are these, Coach?" The coach yells "They're footballs, you idiot! This is the last time I hire a temp!"

Another was, I recall, Brett Favre talking to an official on the field about something (maybe the ball spot). The official points to the stands and holds his arms out, like he's describing the size of a fish he caught. In the voice-over, Favre asks the official where the washroom is, and the official points "to it" and says "but you can only fit in there if your backside is less than this wide" [measurement].

But the one that the delightful silliness in this thread reminded me of was a coach talking quite intensively to several players seated on the bench. The voice-over indicated the coach was having trouble getting the players to understand his instructions. He said some thing like "Well, suppose you are a farmer, and you have to get your apples on to a train somewhere"... one of the players says "but Coach, this isn't the time of year for apples, it's far too late in the season."
    Coach switches to other hypotheticals, which the players in turn refute, and so on...

Anyone remember what I'm babbling about, please?

Closest I can think if would be Bad Lip Reading, though I haven't seen those scenarios on it.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:54 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information