Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Justice League (Spoiler Free)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Justice League (Spoiler Free)
Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:33 pm
  • So, I saw this last night. I went in with rockbottom expectations, and, well.... I liked it. Don't get me wrong. I would not accuse this of being a good movie, let alone great, but on the bar set by Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad, it passed with flying colors, at least in my opinion (which should tell you how offputting I found both those movies. I know Wonder Woman was better, but it was also a very different movie, so I felt that comparison wasn't fair).

The movie does have severe flaws, a near-Malekith (the boring villain no one remembers from Thor: The Dark World) level of awful villain, the worst CGI in terms of era quality since probably The Mummy Returns, and tonal issues that no doubt are a reflection of the switch from Zach Snyder to Joss Whedon as director.

The cast does well with what it's given, and the actors of the titular Justice League are easily what carry the film. My only complaint on that front is how dudebro-y Aquaman is, but that's not on Jason Momoa, that's on the writing.

If you have a couple hours to kill over the holiday weekend, there are worse ways to spend it than watching Justice League. At the very least, no one can fault it for being entertaining. 6/10.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Re: Justice League (Spoiler Free)
Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:15 pm
  • I thought it was decent. Not as good as Wonder Woman, better than Batman v. Superman. I wish the movie would have been about 30 minutes longer to get into the new characters a bit and thought their intros and explanation were very rushed.

And I was not a fan at all of Batman's outfits. They looked pretty horrible. The CGI wasn't up to snuff either. But overall it was a good way to kill an evening and a bucket of popcorn.
    drcool
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:49 am
  • Sounds like Joss cut a lot of stuff originally planned for the movie to bring it to ~ 2 hours. I'll withhold judgement til the directors cut version comes out. BvS directors cut was far better than the version released in theaters.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:10 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:BvS directors cut was far better than the version released in theaters.

Better? Yes. Far better? No. A shit sandwich is still a shit sandwich no matter the quality of the shit.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information