Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

RIP Dick Enberg

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
RIP Dick Enberg
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:13 pm
  • Something that may have been overlooked in the news this week was the passsing of legendary broadcaster Dick Enberg. He was 82.

My personal favorite broadcaster, not only for his distinguished voice but for his versatility for calling Super Bowls, World Series, Breeders Cups, Final Fours, Wimbledon and was recently the San Diego Padres announcer. Many will remember his great teaming with Merlin Olsen in the 80s on NBC.

A true broadcasting legend and one of the last of the old style, no-nonsense, great voice broadcasters.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Re: RIP Dick Enberg
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:30 pm
  • Olsen and Enberg were my favorite team from the NBC crews. Real pros.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:08 am
  • Another great voice silenced. I bet when he left his body and saw that amazing light he said "OH MY!" with a joy and peace never before felt. Enjoy your next great adventure Dick!

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:34 pm
  • A sad loss. I enjoyed his commentary very much. I miss John Madden since his retirement, too, despite the Raider in him.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:52 pm
  • Still he was an old fashioned old school announcer. And now Al Michaels and Verne Lunquist seems to be the only remaining men left in that school. May Mr Enberg RIP!
    [i]Time for Christmas!![/u]
    Passepartout
    NET Rookie

It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information