Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Birds in formation...

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Birds in formation...
Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:10 am
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Re: Birds in formation...
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:51 pm
  • If that is not 'Shopped that is truly spectacular and quite unbelievable!

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:13 pm
  • Got it from another site. It's called a murmation. Finally got a link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -BIRD.html

Perfectly timed picture captures the moment a murmuration of starlings took the form of a giant BIRD

A photographer claims to have captured the perfect moment a murmuratuion of starlings took the form of a giant bird.

Daniel Biber, 53, said he captured the breathtaking snap in Spain, after observing thousands of birds and scouting locations over a four-day period.

Like clouds in the sky, the giant flocks often take on weird and wonderful - and sometimes graphic - moving forms and shapes.

And the birds appeared to have made for a startling spectacle when they assembled over the Costa Brava in northeastern Spain, in front of Mr Biber's eyes.

There are a couple of more images there.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z53Gh2MgkK
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:17 pm
  • Murmurations are so transfixing to watch. How in tune one is to the next. Nature's ultimate "Synchronized Swimming" so-to-speak. Not long ago I was watching a video where all these people were taking footage of what they believed was some organic ET/UFO phenomenon. I took one look at the video and said "That is a Starling Murmuration".

Most often, one doesn't have to think outside our planet for a terrestrial phenomenon that looks extraterrestrial.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:47 pm
  • Agreed, Aros - totally amazing. I wonder what flocks of passenger pigeons must have looked like.

One of Adelaide's AFL teams (the national Australian football league), the Adelaide Crows, advertise with computer-generated flocks of crows, with their slogan "We Fly as One."

BTW, the Crows have a "19th Man" theme, borrowed from the Seahawks' 12, and a couple of players visited the Seahawks' training facility a couple of years ago and presented Pete Carroll with a Crows guernsey.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:09 am
  • Aros wrote:Most often, one doesn't have to think outside our planet for a terrestrial phenomenon that looks extraterrestrial.

Kind of funny, hearing that from you, Todd. :twisted:

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:54 am
  • sutz wrote:
    Aros wrote:Most often, one doesn't have to think outside our planet for a terrestrial phenomenon that looks extraterrestrial.

Actually, he's always been pretty good about that.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:38 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    Aros wrote:Most often, one doesn't have to think outside our planet for a terrestrial phenomenon that looks extraterrestrial.

Actually, he's always been pretty good about that.

Yep. I may fall into the "Believer" camp when it comes to the ET phenomenon but I am firmly in the belief that 95% of everything classified as a "flying saucer" is normal terrestrial phenomenon. Sorry I don't mean to hijack. Back to the topic, I have always been so mesmerized by those murmurations. I could watch those for hours.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:39 pm
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:Agreed, Aros - totally amazing. I wonder what flocks of passenger pigeons must have looked like.

One of Adelaide's AFL teams (the national Australian football league), the Adelaide Crows, advertise with computer-generated flocks of crows, with their slogan "We Fly as One."

BTW, the Crows have a "19th Man" theme, borrowed from the Seahawks' 12, and a couple of players visited the Seahawks' training facility a couple of years ago and presented Pete Carroll with a Crows guernsey.

That's really cool, thanks for sharing!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:10 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information