Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Moody Blues co-founder Ray Thomas dead at 76

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Ray Thomas, flutist, vocalist and a founding member of the Moody Blues, died Thursday, Rolling Stone reported Sunday. He was 76.

Thomas' label, Esoteric Recordings/Cherry Red Records, confirmed on Facebook that Thomas died suddenly at his home in Surrey, England. No cause of death was announced, but Thomas disclosed in 2014 that he had been diagnosed with prostate cancer, Billboard reported.

In a statement four years ago, Thomas said "My cancer was inoperable but I have a fantastic doctor who immediately started me on a new treatment that has had 90% success rate," The Daily Mail reported.

"We are deeply shocked by his passing and will miss his warmth, humor and kindness," the label wrote. "It was a privilege to have known and worked with him and our thoughts are with his family and his wife Lee at this sad time."

Thomas's flute solo was a key ingredient on one of the band’s biggest hits, “Nights in White Satin,” and he sang lead vocals on several songs, including “Legend of a Mind,” a tribute to LSD guru Timothy Leary.

The band is scheduled to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland in April, Billboard reported.

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information