Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

I want to stop smoking...

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: I want to stop smoking...
Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:32 am
  • brimsalabim wrote:I have a friend who quit by being hypnotized to feel sea sick whenever around cigarette smoke. It worked. It might be worth a try but it doesn’t work for everyone. I’ve also heard transferring the addiction habit to something less harmful like eating wheat thin or goldfish crackers helps get through it.

Dad did toothpicks. It was all a mental game and he won.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:41 am
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:I meant to post on July 23 that I hadn't had a smoke for 6 months, and only just tonight remembered to do so. Stopped Champix/varenicline course on that date, and really feel no different (ie, no significant desire to smoke has returned), so I'm really pleased. Not getting smug or carried away, but I'm really believing good progress.

JGfromtheNW, how are you faring?

Honestly I fell off the wagon for a couple weeks, but I'm back to no tobaccy. A friend of mine who had also been quitting brought some nice Norwegian Shag on a weekend camping trip which did me in for a couple weeks. Bought a bag of it, went through it and then realized how stupid it was.

10 days without again. It sucked to start the quitting process back over, but I wasn't nearly as irritable as earlier in the year and knew what to expect and how to deal with it. I've come to realize that, even if I go months without smoking, the desire to smoke a nice hand-rolled cigarette (or spliff) will probably never go away.

Pre-rolled cigs like Marbs, American Spirits, whatever still sound D I S G U S T I N G to me.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:34 am
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:I have a friend who quit by being hypnotized to feel sea sick whenever around cigarette smoke. It worked. It might be worth a try but it doesn’t work for everyone. I’ve also heard transferring the addiction habit to something less harmful like eating wheat thin or goldfish crackers helps get through it.

I've heard butterscotch lifesavers.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:52 am
  • Juul has been helping me with it. Mimics cigarettes better than any other e-cig I've tried and I find myself forgetting about it for awhile. Baby steps like Bob. I definitely notice a difference in my lungs even while still using the Juul vs smoking.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:53 am
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:I have a friend who quit by being hypnotized to feel sea sick whenever around cigarette smoke. It worked. It might be worth a try but it doesn’t work for everyone. I’ve also heard transferring the addiction habit to something less harmful like eating wheat thin or goldfish crackers helps get through it.

Not a bad idea. Would be cool if they still had the old packs of cinnamon ones.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:29 pm
  • vin.couve12 wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:

Make your own, cinnamon oil and put in a glass jar, let them soak a day or so depending on the bite you want, take them out and put oven on warm and let them sit a few hours stirring them occasionally.

Probably cheaper then paying whatever a box of them cost these days.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:14 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:

Make your own, cinnamon oil and put in a glass jar, let them soak a day or so depending on the bite you want, take them out and put oven on warm and let them sit a few hours stirring them occasionally.

Probably cheaper then paying whatever a box of them cost these days.

We used to make them that way too...except we did not bake them. Wood naturally soaked up the cinnamon oil. Leave them in a few days and then let them dry.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:04 pm
  • YOU CAN ALL GO EAT A BIG BAG OF DICKS(Hamburgers)!!!!!

I'm 17 days in cold turkey and I want to end the world. First couple of days sucked, then it got real easy, but now my cravings are really insane. But I am a non smoker and am glad to have joined those of you here who have quit in the last year or so.
    NoChops
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:51 pm
  • Good for you!! You can do it!!
    In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade.........

Paulie S.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:45 am
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:Honestly I fell off the wagon for a couple weeks, but I'm back to no tobaccy. A friend of mine who had also been quitting brought some nice Norwegian Shag on a weekend camping trip which did me in for a couple weeks. Bought a bag of it, went through it and then realized how stupid it was.

10 days without again. It sucked to start the quitting process back over, but I wasn't nearly as irritable as earlier in the year and knew what to expect and how to deal with it. I've come to realize that, even if I go months without smoking, the desire to smoke a nice hand-rolled cigarette (or spliff) will probably never go away.

Pre-rolled cigs like Marbs, American Spirits, whatever still sound D I S G U S T I N G to me.

Sorry you're going through it all again - I only read this a few days ago. Norwegian Shag and Dutch Halfzware is certainly a nice smoke. I used to buy it from an online tobacconist in Boston through the mid 90s to mid 00s, when all the importing rules tightened and prices soared. I had a very close email friend in Juneau who very kindly used to send me some gift tobacco as well. She was one of the few women I ever knew who smoked rollies.

I've had a few dreams in which I "rolled" a cigarette, but only ever "lit" one once, and then woke up feeling a bit sheepish for a few seconds! Incredibly, drinking alcohol or indulging in a bit of weed doesn't make me crave a cigarette, but I would have once thought that "separation" to be utterly impossible.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:55 am
  • NoChops wrote:YOU CAN ALL GO EAT A BIG BAG OF DICKS(Hamburgers)!!!!!

I'm 17 days in cold turkey and I want to end the world. First couple of days sucked, then it got real easy, but now my cravings are really insane. But I am a non smoker and am glad to have joined those of you here who have quit in the last year or so.

A belated reply, sorry, echoing Lymon's words, and wishing you support! All the feedback here I've received since January has been very beneficial to me. The astronomical cost of tobacco products here in Australia is belatedly my friend, too. The money we save is awesome! I'm so much looking forward to my first overseas trip as a non-smoker next year... it is very liberating to think of.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information